CFN Rankings

WarEagleFL

3. Auburn 6-0  next game: Arkansas

This is too low because … Tennessee went into Georgia and came away with the win, and Auburn is still buzzing after blowing out the Vols in Knoxville. Everything is working on both sides of the ball.

This is too high because … Is this getting too excited over a team that was this close to losing to LSU? The Tigers might have balance with the way Jason Campbell is playing, but it still might be premature to put them in the Orange Bowl. There’s still the matter of facing Georgia in a few weeks

I think that is a fair assessment.

CFN 117

BG, do you really think Miami is better than us right now? I mean, it doesn't really bother me to be 4th right now because it gives us something to shoot for and there are still a lot of games to be played. But based on the way everyone is actually playing right now, rather than where they were ranked preseason, I think we're top three material at least.

Titan, I would give the nod to UM right now for a couple of reasons...

1. UM had one close game this year...FSU. And it was uuuuugly. But it was also the first game of the year,

AU's win over LSU isnt as big as it was earlier in the season as we see LSU isnt the same team they were last year. The win over UT was much bigger for AU IMO. But AU did play LSU close. and all things being equal, UM's close game looks better than AU's (IMO)

Also, its unfair for UM to be 3rd all year, not lose, and then get unseated by AU considering the last game they played...they throttled Ga Tech.

But like i said, at this point rankings dont matter too much, because AU wins out they got to the big dance.

BG, do you really think Miami is better than us right now?  I mean, it doesn't really bother me to be 4th right now because it gives us something to shoot for and there are still a lot of games to be played.  But based on the way everyone is actually playing right now, rather than where they were ranked preseason, I think we're top three material at least.

109898[/snapback]

I think we are better than Miami right now easy, but these polls are just in love with USC, OU, Miami and watch out if Mich. keeps winning or they will pass an 9-0 AU with one lose. USC doesn't need to be #1 they have been out played twice already this year. I could see OU #1 as much as I hate it but not USC. As far as AU 3-4 is about right for us I think. Ok tech went down now lets go get those :arky: . WDE!!!!

BG, do you really think Miami is better than us right now?  I mean, it doesn't really bother me to be 4th right now because it gives us something to shoot for and there are still a lot of games to be played.  But based on the way everyone is actually playing right now, rather than where they were ranked preseason, I think we're top three material at least.

109898[/snapback]

BG, this isn't aimed at you per se, but it just AMAZES me that nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is as good as everyone thought they were AFTER they lose to Auburn. I mean, we NEVER get any credit for exposing someone else's weakness by getting the "W"!

Comments? Questions? :au:

Also, its unfair for UM to be 3rd all year, not lose, and then get unseated by AU considering the last game they played...they throttled Ga Tech.

109899[/snapback]

This is precisely why the first rankings need to come out after about 5 games into the season or so. It is entirely fair for teams to be ranked based on how they've actually played, not where they started. And based on the schedule thus far, Auburn not only has two more wins, but has a quality win edge over Miami right now. Auburn has won comfortably in every game but one as well. And I don't buy that FSU is a top ten team either. I'll bet they'd be ranked a few spots lower if they hadn't been ranked so high to begin with. For that matter, USC would be behind Oklahoma also.

Like you said, if we keep winning, things will work themselves out. I just look at these rankings sometimes and shake my head because it's rather irrational. And one boob is ranking Miami #1 in his/her poll. Based on what? Beating the juggernaut known as the University of Houston?

... This is too high because … Is this getting too excited over a team that was this close to losing to LSU? The Tigers might have balance with the way Jason Campbell is playing, but it still might be premature to put them in the Orange Bowl. There’s still the matter of facing Georgia in a few weeks.  ...

All polls are bogus. Look at the way this is worded: 'a team that was this close to losing to LSU.' Wow. What a difference a week makes -- wasn't it just last week that these same guys were questioning if LSU & UT were really that good?

The facts remain: AU beat LSU in a close game at home and crushed UT in their own house by halftime. Both wins are legit and both wins are the mark of a quality team. AU has played and beaten more top ten ranked teams than any other team the last couple of years. Yet, we still can't get any positive pub with the pollsters. Did I mention that all polls are bogus?

The LSU win was big for us. We popped their little bubble, they haven't done well since. They're making mental errors. The same thing happened to us last year when USC popped ours. I'm not saying UGA wouldn't have beaten them, but I think there is a lot to be said about our loss hurting LSU after September 18th.

I hope you guys dont think I was belittling your win over LSU, because I wasnt. It just kinda hurt you guys that UGA throttled em. Im trying to look at it from a national perspective...guys who vote dont always get to see AU play every game...they will now that AU is shooting up the ladder.

But when you start the season 16-17, it takes some time to get all the writers/voters on board.

I honestly dont think LSU is THAT good. I dont think they are bad either. Thats why i said the UT win was soooo big for yall. And if AU wins out, polls wont matter.

And Titan, i agree. 1st week of october is when the 1st poll should come out.

Guys, it doesn't make a rat'sa$$ where we are now! In fact, we don't even really need to KNOW where we are now and neither does the team. NOTHING counts until the fat lady sings. If they become too conscious about the rankings, then we are in for a FALL! I'd like to think that they know what the POSSIBILITIES are and WHAT LOOKING AHEAD did to them last year.... We can all hope but for God's sake, let that be all for now..... IT's TCB time in Auburn Alabama....AND, that's :arky: IF anyone on the board has Caddy or Ronnie's email address, I suggest we suggest this to them and ask them to convey it to the team..... Just a thought.. :au:

if we're talking strictly how teams have played this year, auburn should be 3rd, but we wouldn't be behind the teams we're behind. from what i've actually seen i'd put OU number one, purdue number two, auburn number three, usc four, and miami five. miami has no offense (and i mean they make nallball look dynamic). sc as played a lot of pretty good teams, and hasn't been able to run away from any of them (stanford? va tech? cal is the first really impressive win all year and that was at home). auburn beat the defending national champs (which is A LOT harder to do the first time than it is any time after that.. that's what you're seeing with sc) and has only had one game under 24 points all year. purdue is steamrolling teams. they played a close game against an amped penn state team in happy valley, but the rest of the year has been amazing. oklahoma has won big and beat a really good team (easily one of the nation's 10 best) so they should be number one.

i agree w/ mc...based on play this year, miami is behind us. they are having QB troubles and need to play someone more than FSU...a team they barely squeaked by.

having said that, it doesn't bother me one bit to be 4th right now! we're having last year this year!

ct

It doesnt really matter whehre we are ranked right now. If we keep winning, everything will work itself out. IMO, after having watched each of the teams ahead of us in their biggest games to date, we can hang with any of them.

If we keep winning, everything will work itself out.  IMO, after having watched each of the teams ahead of us in their biggest games to date, we can hang with any of them.

110045[/snapback]

i hope we keep winning, if we do will me make it to the big game? will everything work out? im really not worried about bowls right now... i want to get past arky and ga for now... any thought on the article?? http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=roadtobcs/1010 :au:

Miami beating FSU isn't as impressive as Auburn beating LSU. FSU is looking ugly, and will lose atleast 2-3 more games. They should have lost to Syracuse...

If you look closely at the AP poll, Auburn is only 14 points behind Miami. If Miami does not impress vs Louiville, and Auburn takes care of Arkansas, we could hop them. Louiville has the team to keep it close, and maybe even pull of an upset.

Archived