Something I noticed

Draven

Ok, is it just me or is Miami turning into UT at home. What was with all the holding and ex. celebration flags on UL, half the holding calls I didnt see I did see a big one on the punt return for a TD but no call on that one. <_< To make matters even worse is during all these bad calls ESPN makes at least two statements about it being a C-USA crew. Why even make those remarks unless even they see it’s a lot of B.S. and know everyone else knows it too.

Something even more obvious was how the announcers of Espn were pulling for Miami so much they can not contain themselves. I honestly thought they were going to get up and cheer when Miami went ahead there at the end. I will give them credit for saying some good about UL but they need announcers that talk about the games who DO NOT TAKE SIDES!

the 3rd and long play in the 4th quarter before the punt return was bogus... the regeree i saw in the replay was watching the Receiver, turns around and pulls the flag while turning around... didnt even see the hold (which didnt exist)

the 3rd and long play in the 4th quarter before the punt return was bogus... the regeree i saw in the replay was watching the Receiver, turns around and pulls the flag while turning around... didnt even see the hold (which didnt exist)

111516[/snapback]

Thats the stuff I am talking about, it was just bad all around by the ref's but what else is new.

Believe me each game gets harder when you have a long winning streak and you're hoping for the national championship. In 1992 when Bama went for it, each game is agony and you just hold your breath till it's over. I remember we were at LSU when Washington lost and they announced that Bama was number 2. We had several games after that..Miss.State(was very good that year), Auburn(Pat Dye announces his retirement the night before...0 to 0 at the half...on Thanksgiving day for goodness sakes...pure agony)and then had to play the first SEC Championship game against Florida. It is a long road to get there, but believe me it's worth it. Speaking of the championship...does anyone else think that this is not fair that all conferences do not have such a game, but the rankings are affected by this game. The SEC champion plays 12 games and somone else only plays 11 and gets to go to the National Champion bowl game.

The game against Miami was hard to watch...but having done so it should show you that they probably won't be there at the end...someone will knock them off...unless as you've said the refs help them. Believe me you don't want to play Miami in the Championship game...........those are the worst fans bar none.

I'm gladothers thought the ref's were a little biased last night, but UL lost that game. Once they realized they were going to get called for celebration penalties, STOP!!!! You should never, as a coach or a player, get a penalty for something that stupid. You have to have more discipline than that. And why in God's name, did Petrino not call a time out right before Miami scored the last touchdown with 1:25 left. They ran the clock all the way down to the :45. They could have had at least two more plays, and who knows maybe a hail mary. Oh well, I still think UL showed the nation that they are pretty good, and that Miami doesn't deserve to be ranked 3rd in the country.

Now all we have to do is be patient, and most importantly, BEAT THE PIGGIES!!!!!

111516[/snapback]

I saw that when they showed the replay, too. The ref saw the "hold", turned around and saw the receiver catch the ball for the 1st down, and then turns back around and throws the flag for a holding call. Ridiculous.

That being said, Louisville still had every chance to put this one away. The should've been INT that hit the safety in the numbers would have likely sealed the deal. Oh well...

Bring on the :arky: !!!

I found it particularly interesting that espn ran a lowlight clip of Antrel Rolle's antics and thuggery but I don't remember Rolle getting flagged at all.

I noticed that one of the espn analysts noticed that on that holding call (where the ref clearly didnt see it) that he heard the miami sideline yell "THATS A HOLD!!!".....go figure

Does anyone remember Corso saying that LV was getting homered? He said it, the other guys made about 2 seconds worth of comments like I can't believe you said that (or something similar), then they moved on.

Archived