bammer and the vols

damabama

both these items from the southern sports tonight e-mailer...

ALABAMA (at Tennessee)

Backup QB Marc Guillon returned to practice Thursday after missing Wednesday to receive treatment on his back. Shula said his condition yesterday was “about the same as it was at this time last week.”

Shula was upset with the school newspaper, The Crimson White, which ran a pro-Tennessee ad in the paper on Wednesday. Part of the ad read “Around the bowl and down the hole, roll tide roll.” Shula told UA Media Relations that he would speak to no one from the paper on Thursday. No one from the paper showed up. Two names and a phone number were on the ad, for a Knoxville radio station.

The Vols are going to dismiss starting FS Brandon Johnson from the team for firing a handgun in the air outside an apartment complex earlier this week. He faces felony charges. Tennessee will not officially dismiss him from the team until the university’s student judicial process play out, which could take up to four weeks.

How funny.

First of all, I can't believe the school would run something like that, especially the week of the game.

Secondly, isn't it interesting that this UT player won't be kicked off the team for another four weeks. Gosh, that would be right before our big game. For some reason, I bet this doesn't happen until after this season, but I may be wrong.

Archived