OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

The blue and gray backgrounds on the pages here are unique and just one of the many things I like about this site over any site I have been to. Very easy on the eyes. I sure hope we keep that when the sites are combined. Other things I like here are the crazy emitcons and of course the great people here. I also like the way you weed out the Updykes. Do they do that there too ?  

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Ellitor already get banned over there? Dang. WTH. And people are saying it's easy to get banned here...

Last post that I saw him make said something about him liking the layout. Sheesh.

Not sure, but I don't think so.  :dunno:

Did Ellitor already get banned over there? Dang. WTH. And people are saying it's easy to get banned here...

Last post that I saw him make said something about him liking the layout. Sheesh.

Not sure, but I don't think so.   :dunno:

nm

Clarification on ellitor:

As others have said, it was a fake, he was not banned.

On another note, please continue to provide your feedback ... we're all stakeholders in this new site and while everyone won't get everything they want, we are doing our best to build a site for the entire AUFAMILY ... you guys are now part of it and your feedback, ideas and thoughts are welcome!

Don't know if I overlooked this or not, but will the AE threads be merged as well?

Yes, the threads will come over as well.

I don't have to sign up there right? If I read email correctly everything will just merge over there and I don't have to do anything.

That is correct, all of your information will be pulled over this weekend.

Not really liking the layout over there. Not very user friendly like this site is.

Or the fact that they found out about the Manilow thing.....

I have changed my tune about the layout. It's not bad. I'm just used to this layout. Seems alright to me now. And yes the Manilow thing has followed me.  :banghead:

Not really liking the layout over there. Not very user friendly like this site is.

Or the fact that they found out about the Manilow thing.....

I have changed my tune about the layout. It's not bad. I'm just used to this layout. Seems alright to me now. And yes the Manilow thing has followed me.  :banghead:

Poor weegs.  :laugh:  Look at it this way, there are just more people you can bring into the Manilow fan club now. I don't think it was going well for you at A E with that.

I'm not a fan of this to be honest. First of all I feel like "we" have grown into something pretty special at AE. I've never really been a message board guy until I started coming here. Are there things that piss me off about AE? Yes there are. The difference is the good far out weighs the bad. I've noticed that they allows bammers on their site. That alone is a red flag for me. It was comforting to know I could come here and be amongst family and not have to worry about what some neck had to say. I'm not saying that the ones that are there are bad, but it can't be good either. I guess I'll learn to cope and may grow to like it one day. As for today though, I'm pretty disappointed. Vent/rant over.

Guest shirley4au9

So is this board as we know it shutting down?

Bummer...I love this site and believe me I have tried them all. AE is far superior to anything out there and yes that includes AU Family. Not trying to be negative, but I am not happy having to face the fact that AE as it is right now will be going away. Once again, bummer.  :(

I agree..Bummer!  :(

I'm not a fan of this to be honest. First of all I feel like "we" have grown into something pretty special at AE. I've never really been a message board guy until I started coming here. Are there things that piss me off about AE? Yes there are. The difference is the good far out weighs the bad. I've noticed that they allows bammers on their site. That alone is a red flag for me. It was comforting to know I could come here and be amongst family and not have to worry about what some neck had to say. I'm not saying that the ones that are there are bad, but it can't be good either. I guess I'll learn to cope and may grow to like it one day. As for today though, I'm pretty disappointed. Vent/rant over.

^^This^^ is pretty much how I feel about this. They allow bammers and other fans is a big issue for me. Moving from AL.com to here was a breath of fresh air. I’m not looking forward to going back to where other fans can join and post without getting flushed. I know we have a select few from other schools here but they are very respectful and a joy to chat with. It’s not the banter back and forth that bothers me but the level of conversation I am concerned with.

Obviously there is going to be some changes, but with this merger, what are the rule changes going to be? One of you guys needs to fill us in and let us know. That way we really know what to expect. Is the site going to become turd free? Grandfathering in those that are there now? Or are we going to have to deal with the likes of 3yr olds saying stupid stuff all the time? I don’t feel like banging my head against the keyboard every time I go to read Auburn news and chat with my fellow Auburn Family.

As far as getting banned. It’s pretty hard to get banned from here. I should know, I think I have pushed the envelope quite a few times. So if a few of the people over at AUFamily have gotten banned what is the merger going to bring back to our boards?

Also as someone asked already and didn’t get an answer, when the merger happens, what happens when there are usernames that are the same for both sites? I don’t want to lose my handle to someone over there. That would really piss me off.

The only good thing about the merger that I can find right now is the return of Stat to our numbers. I really miss his insight and breakdown of plays. We haven’t really had anyone step up and take his place since he left.

So with one positive and a ton of questions that border a negative for the merger,  I leave this post for both ST and Stat, or any mod with answers, impatiently waiting for answers.

i don't mind change, but i do not like the idea of having bammers involved.  i try not to deal with them in my personal life so i definitely will not here.  :devil: loving rednecks (pjm that was for you)  :banghead:

+ infinity on the Bamr BS.

I get enough of that 24/7 here  in duh "Ham.

Their site and their rules.

Nice little colllection of AU posters here, Vio Con Dios.

I have enjoyed the interaction on this site and the AU uniqueness.

Sure it will all work out over there.

WWWDEKTITBB Y'all

^^This^^ is pretty much how I feel about this. They allow bammers and other fans is a big issue for me. Moving from AL.com to here was a breath of fresh air. I’m not looking forward to going back to where other fans can join and post without getting flushed. I know we have a select few from other schools here but they are very respectful and a joy to chat with. It’s not the banter back and forth that bothers me but the level of conversation I am concerned with.

I think the 'allowing rival fans' concern has been really overstated.  As I previously indicated, of our 20,000+ members post-merger, we may have 10 rival fans who actively post.  And of those 'select few', they are likewise very respectful, realize they are in our house, and have very civil conversation.  All of the trolls are shown the door immediately.  So, it would seem to me while we don't have a "AU fans only" policy, we operate in an a very similar way.

Obviously there is going to be some changes, but with this merger, what are the rule changes going to be? One of you guys needs to fill us in and let us know. That way we really know what to expect. Is the site going to become turd free? Grandfathering in those that are there now? Or are we going to have to deal with the likes of 3yr olds saying stupid stuff all the time? I don’t feel like banging my head against the keyboard every time I go to read Auburn news and chat with my fellow Auburn Family.

See above.  Again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality of AU conversation and how there is very little tolerance for any silly stuff.  As for the "Rules" ... our Board Rules can be found here: http://www.aufamily.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

And let me also add, all AE Mods will be coming over and keeping their same roles ... and we'll modify any rules as needed.

As far as getting banned. It’s pretty hard to get banned from here. I should know, I think I have pushed the envelope quite a few times. So if a few of the people over at AUFamily have gotten banned what is the merger going to bring back to our boards?

Who has been banned?  Ironically, if you look at who's been banned from both of our sites, I think you'll find a pretty similar list ... more validation that we have much more in common than is being portrayed by some of your concerns.

Also as someone asked already and didn’t get an answer, when the merger happens, what happens when there are usernames that are the same for both sites? I don’t want to lose my handle to someone over there. That would really piss me off.

If you have the same username as an existing AUFAMILY member, yours will either be modified by adding a number to the end of it or you can request a different name.  All of your information, post count, history, etc. will remain the same.

I think the 'allowing rival fans' concern has been really overstated.  As I previously indicated, of our 20,000+ members post-merger, we may have 10 rival fans who actively post.  And of those 'select few', they are likewise very respectful, realize they are in our house, and have very civil conversation.  All of the trolls are shown the door immediately.  So, it would seem to me while we don't have a "AU fans only" policy, we operate in an a very similar way.

See above.  Again, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the quality of AU conversation and how there is very little tolerance for any silly stuff.  As for the "Rules" ... our Board Rules can be found here: http://www.aufamily.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

And let me also add, all AE Mods will be coming over and keeping their same roles ... and we'll modify any rules as needed.

Who has been banned?  Ironically, if you look at who's been banned from both of our sites, I think you'll find a pretty similar list ... more validation that we have much more in common than is being portrayed by some of your concerns.

If you have the same username as an existing AUFAMILY member, yours will either be modified by adding a number to the end of it or you can request a different name.  All of your information, post count, history, etc. will remain the same.

Thanks for your response. I’m happy with all except for one: The username. I think maybe you should take a look at who had the name longer verses forcing us to change our name when merged into your boards. Why should we have to change our names over your people?

yes I'm being difficult

Thanks for your response. I’m happy with all except for one: The username. I think maybe you should take a look at who had the name longer verses forcing us to change our name when merged into your boards. Why should we have to change our names over your people?

yes I'm being difficult

I think that is a fair request.  But let me just remind you, the AUFAMILY board has been around since the late 90s and many members have been around since the beginning...

I think this announcment will state that Bird will be flying with our eagle during pre-game activities!

WDE

Doc

Would that be safe for the eagle. Should I call the humane society?

I have an account with both sites, using two different user names, but the same e-mail address.  Will that cause any problem?

yes I'm being difficult

I think that is a fair request.  But let me just remind you, the AUFAMILY board has been around since the late 90s and many members have been around since the beginning...

I think that is fair.

Stripe, I have some bad news. I looked at the members list on AUFamily, and there is a Stripe registered. He/she has been registered since Nov 24, 2003. They have made 73 posts in this timeframe so you might be able to make the argument to RIR that they aren't even an active account.

I have an account with both sites, using two different user names, but the same e-mail address.  Will that cause any problem?

You get around don't you pops?   ;):tease:

Archived