OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

Personally, I'm not crazy about some of those guys. I got kicked off for running words together in the subject of a thread. And yes, I'm serious. Well mostly because I refused to stop doing it.  But if it's good for ST and the AE family, best of luck!

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as everybody here is gonna be there(which is what is sounds like) then that sounds AWESOME!!! I love this site though so I hope the boards kind of stay the same. Just feels like my internet home if that makes sense.

Thanks to everybody who worked to make this happen.  :wareagle:

Finally, after all these years, I, as a middle aged white male can say......I'm disenfranchised.......lol.

Good luck and congratulations!!    :party: :party: :party:

:believe:

So Bird will still be here? :dunno:

Usually in a merger some people lose their jobs.  So hopefully Bird will be able to take the skills he learned here and apply them elsewhere.  I'm sure ST gave him a nice severance package (birdfeed). 

....but if it's Golf that was let go due to the merger, he can probably sue for age discrimination!!!

:laugh:    >:(

Yes!! I guessed it!! Only because AU Family was also tweeting about huge upcoming news!  At least in this case 2+2=4!  

Congrats ST and everyone involved.  

An awesome site just got even better!! WAR EAGLE!!

I will give it a shot but I am very disappointed.  Just looked at their rules and they allow fans from any school.  I feel like I am losing a place where we can talk without the trash butting in on every thread.  Of course we still have our posers but most of them are obvious and they have very little influence on the general attitude of the board unlike other sites like Scout where the people with the most posts are the goth-AU fans (self loathing types that are always fast to point out the negatives at AU and the pros at other places) or posers.  And I see there are members over there already talking about how they are perma banned here and glad they don't have to live by AE rules.

100% sure I am going to miss AE very much.

:'(

Hello and War Eagle every one!  We are excited to have AE a part of the AUFAMILY.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll be happy to address.

Again, welcome and we look forward to bringing our communities together and getting this show going!

I will give it a shot but I am very disappointed.  Just looked at their rules and they allow fans from any school.  I feel like I am losing a place where we can talk without the trash butting in on every thread.  Of course we still have our posers but most of them are obvious and they have very little influence on the general attitude of the board unlike other sites like Scout where the people with the most posts are the goth-AU fans (self loathing types that are always fast to point out the negatives at AU and the pros at other places) or posers.  And I see there are members over there already talking about how they are perma banned here and glad they don't have to live by AE rules.

AUBourne I understand your sentiment.  That has been a concern of mine as well.  We have been assured that the "other" fans on AUFAMILY are respectful or they are gone.  Our AE mods will still be on board.  ;)  Give it a try and if you have any issues or concerns about this topic after giving it a try, let me know.

War Eagle!!!

Hello and War Eagle every one!  We are excited to have AE a part of the AUFAMILY.

Again, welcome and we look forward to bringing our communities together and getting this show going!

I hear we are going to use your guys rules.  If true this is excellent news.  Looking forward to shooting the bull with you RIR

AUBourne I understand your sentiment.  That has been a concern of mine as well.  We have been assured that the "other" fans on AUFAMILY are respectful or they are gone.  Our AE mods will still be on board.   ;)  Give it a try and if you have any issues or concerns about this topic after giving it a try, let me know.

War Eagle!!!

Thanks for that A4E, I'm kind of feeling the same as AUBourne. At least we are all getting transferred over together so we will still be in good company and maybe even won't feel too different. Hopefully.

I'm sure once I get used to it I will like it. It's just that I've been here since 2009 and gotten really settled in here.

AUBourne I understand your sentiment.  That has been a concern of mine as well.  We have been assured that the "other" fans on AUFAMILY are respectful or they are gone.  Our AE mods will still be on board.   ;)  Give it a try and if you have any issues or concerns about this topic after giving it a try, let me know.

War Eagle!!!

After reading their site apparently that's what their members are worried about lol  :laugh:

War Eagle!!!

Thanks A4E I appreciate your response.  I will be lurking over there and it will be interesting to see how the merger effects the group dynamics.  

I'm not going to be known as "Barry Maniweegs" over there am I?  :(

yep word has already spread weeg.

Oh dear God, I think I'm gonna be sick.  :'(

sorry weeg tried to head it off but you and Barry are tied at the knot everywhere and forever.

sorry weeg tried to head it off but you and Barry are tied at the knot everywhere and forever.

So.........they all know over there?  :(

So.........they all know over there?  :(

Can your forums handle all this sexy at one time?

Can your forums handle all this sexy at one time?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived