OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Auburn Eagle to merge with AUFAMILY

AUSportTalk

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is this board as we know it shutting down?

Bummer...I love this site and believe me I have tried them all. AE is far superior to anything out there and yes that includes AU Family. Not trying to be negative, but I am not happy having to face the fact that AE as it is right now will be going away. Once again, bummer.  :(

Don't know if I overlooked this or not, but will the AE threads be merged as well?

Yes, all subjects, threads and posts will be merged. 

Does this make those Auburn Eagle shirts I have even more collectible?  Might frame one and go on pawn stars in 20 years.  I should make a killing.

Will miss the name and site, but I'll give the change a chance.  War Eagle!

I hope the new board adopts this color scheme. In all honesty I love the way this site is layed out.

Will be interesting as there are a few poster names I see that I was glad were no longer apart of AE. But very glad to see Stat Tiger again. Not exactly thrilled about this but can't hate it till I try it.

I don't have to sign up there right? If I read email correctly everything will just merge over there and I don't have to do anything.

I'm confused :dunno: I thought we all were already part of the AU family! :we:

I hope things don't change too much. I have really enjoyed learning this site and getting to know everybody and their craziness! Not to mention some great inside scoop! Thanks to all of you guys at AE and the hard work you do to keep the fam in the "know".  :hellyeah:

I do like the real time chat for games.....that is pretty cool and makes less work for mods since the BS will be gone by in about 30 seconds.

I hope that the anal things of this board will be adopted. Auburn football, College Football, General Chat. and so forth. I hate trying to go to a site and have to sift through the BS of a main board.

Best of luck from this day forward to all of us. I just have a problem with the people of AUFAMILY crying about being banned from this site. If you were a dumbass here, you are going to be a dumbass on the new site. just my .02

I have said many things that I would have thought would have gotten me banned. But have not. So if you got banned from this site, you are an idiot. And not too sure how I can mesh with you on a new site.

:we: Best thing is we have 3 weeks till KO...so weegs better be ready to bring a HAPPY FOOTBALL DAY thread for the new kids!!!!!

Hell, Throw in some Manilow for the new kids  :hellyeah::yay::partey::bananadance::hellyeah:

As long as our AE Mods get to mod there I am cool with it. I noticed how the posters on AUFamily were complaining out the strict rules. I personally like how this one is run, hands down the best.

If you were a dumbass here, you are going to be a dumbass on the new site. just my .02

It doesn't take much to get banned here. I'm personally glad that AUFamily is absorbing this site and AE has to adopt their rules.  There's not quite the iron fist there that is present here.

As long as our AE Mods get to mod there I am cool with it. I noticed how the posters on AUFamily were complaining out the strict rules. I personally like how this one is run, hands down the best.

Adopting the rules from AUFamily, not here.  So while the AE mods are going to AUFamily, it won't be the AE rules that'll be enforced.

So is this board as we know it shutting down?

yes, all topics and members will be transferred

Well, it's been fun guys. I was kicked off over there about 7 or 8 years ago I think. I'm not sure that legally I can go back. There may be a restraining order or something for the prude of a mod that didn't like my typing style. :dunno:

I see one big time poster already made a terrible first impression over there.  Tact is a wonderful thing.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Who?  I missed that?

I'd say this is a good move. More quality posters is always a plus, and as nice as these forums are it looks like the new ones will offer greater options and flexibility.

Hope everything goes smoothly with the move!

I'm a little apprehensive myself. While I'm not a heavy poster, I read daily (and have for the past 2 years), and I hope the rules aren't completely lax over there. I really like the clean interface here, and the heavy modding that goes on. Also, our icons better be over there, I've grown quite fond of them.

Did Ellitor already get banned over there? Dang. WTH. And people are saying it's easy to get banned here...

Last post that I saw him make said something about him liking the layout. Sheesh.

Archived