Ingle and Borges both missing?

CCTAU

I am exstatic that we won, but I have a few questions.

1. Was Borges or Nall calling the plays tonight? Sure we had a couple of tough breaks, but where was all the formation movements?

2. Did Will Herring and Montae Pitts look like they were at the same party late last night? Montae the fastest guy on the team getting beat by a skinny white boy. You know they are gonna give him a hard time for that one.

3. How many of you think we could have beat uga playing like that?

4. Was Ross really that slow snapping the ball?

Just points to ponder.

Good way to win the west. But man what a stressful first half. Hard not to love Carnell and Ronnie. Absolutely the BEST 2 back combo in college football today. alone, either could be leading the Heisman vote.

Get Ingle healthy and get Borges back calling the plays and we should take uga. Would be nice to play somebody we haven't already played in the SECCG though!

Whew! Glad we got that one out of our system. It's hard to question the play calling when Jason is checking off EVERY SINGLE PLAY. I thought Jason was out of it tonite, despite overall decent numbers. Many of his audibles went nowhere, although some really worked well. Guess that's what you get when a home team has two weeks to prepare.

As for Ross, he obviously had the first start jitters, but he settled down and played well late in the game.

I have never thought Pitts was that good a player.

We couldn't have beaten UGA playing like that, but we were obviously not focused early on. Trust me, you won't see that lack on intensity in 2 weeks.

WDE!

I think they didn't figure Ole Piss to be that good of a club and didn't put in a huge game plan. I think alot of head games are being played. Earlier in the week Tubs said we know they have two weeks to prepare but I think we have a game plan totally different then what we have had. I think they tried to be as basic as they could to not show to much. If we don't fumble and have some bad plays we are on top early so we possibly passed more then we would have wanted tonight. Either way a W today and a W Tuesday then this is a big week.

We really didn't use a lot of movement before the play was settled in. We lined up, Jason looked at the defense, then changed the play. Just reminded me of last year. Very non-creative. maybe we felt that there was no need to show a lot of that and save it for uga. Who knows. Just seemed like we toned it down from top to bottom.

Basically it was like this... Campbell was somewhat off tonight.. not throwing great.. so with Ole Miss loading up the box.. they were getting to our offense a lot of times. Not to mention that our WRs dropped a few passes that would have kept the offense going.

We had sparks in our offense.. but for the most part.. Ole Miss' defense kept us contained. Our defense on the other hand played at about the same level of intensity as our offense...which is why they allowed 350+ yds. I just saw too many open receivers.. that was my main fault with our defense.

We really didn't use a lot of movement before the play was settled in. We lined up, Jason looked at the defense, then changed the play. Just reminded me of last year. Very non-creative. maybe we felt that there was no need to show a lot of that and save it for uga. Who knows. Just seemed like we toned it down from top to bottom.

116727[/snapback]

I think most of the non-motion offense was due to the fact that there was a different center snapping the ball, and they were in a rowdy enviorment. I'm sure the center was already nervous enough, after the bad snap/fumble, so I don't think I would want a bunch of moving going on behind him in a loud enviorment either. JMO.

I thought the play calling was excellent as usual. The sweep that got nowhere that set up the fake sweep pass for a td. Borges had a whole game plan...pass, pass, then in the 4th quarter, let mr. caddillac and ronnie take over. It worked, we won, amen to that.

I thought the play calling was excellent as usual.  The sweep that got nowhere that set up the fake sweep pass for a td.  Borges had a whole game plan...pass, pass, then in the 4th quarter, let mr. caddillac and ronnie take over.  It worked, we won, amen to that.

116741[/snapback]

I agree Vatz.

We had 4 plays of 30-yards or more and missed out on 3 other plays.

1) Ben-O dropped a long TD pass.

2) JC under threw a deep post to Mix, who probably would have scored.

3) JC over threw a deep out to Silas Daniels.

JC had an off night but we still gained over 300-yards on 1st down, which means the play calling was very solid. We killed ourselves with penalties and poor 3rd down play. Ole Miss had a great game-plan, had 2 weeks to prepare and to rest up. They had several key starters return to action and we still won by 21 on the road.

I'll bet you that Miami and FSU wish they had our off-night. :big:

:au::football::cheer:

I am exstatic that we won, but I have a few questions.

1. Was Borges or Nall calling the plays tonight? Sure we had a couple of tough breaks, but where was all the formation movements?

I'm also ecstatic about the win. Not sure the play calling was the problem. (Lack of) blocking up front seemed to be the bigger problem. Definately a timing problem between the center/QB -- that might explain all the procedure penalties we saw with the OL jumping early.

2. Did Will Herring and Montae Pitts look like they were at the same party late last night? Montae the fastest guy on the team getting beat by a skinny white boy. You know they are gonna give him a hard time for that one.

:lol: Every DB gets beat sometime. This happened to be their night.

3. How many of you think we could have beat uga playing like that?

Had the exact same thought through the 1st half. However, UGA hasn't exactly been the model of consistency this season either. AU has throttled every other previous opponent except LSU. To do the same for 11, 12 or 13 games is really difficult. Jason Campbell can't be 17 of 19 for every game. There are times when he'll just look adequate and complete 50% of his passes (like tonight.) Winning ugly is still winning. UGA is playing AU on the road and is desparate for a win to stay even with UT. AU is going to Atlanta no matter what. UGA loses and their only shot at going to Atlanta means going to the Peach Bowl. Which team's under the most pressure in this next game?

4. Was Ross really that slow snapping the ball?
Don't know for sure but something definately was wrong on the OL.
Just points to ponder.

Good way to win the west. But man what a stressful first half. Hard not to love Carnell and Ronnie. Absolutely the BEST 2 back combo in college football today. alone, either could be leading the Heisman vote.

Get Ingle healthy and get Borges back calling the plays and we should take uga. Would be nice to play somebody we haven't already played in the SECCG though!

116717[/snapback]

9-0 and an off week. 1st SEC team to wrap up a trip to the SECCG before November. Well done. Perfect time for a break. :au: WDE

Alot of people(fans of other teams, ESPN experts, and others alike) have been questioning how this team would respond if things didn't click early. Well I think our team answered those questions tonight. I definitely feel that the early struggles will help us later if they were to arise again. Caddilac played exteremely well tonight all around and Ronnie did also. I also liked how pumped Caddilac gets after we score and I can feel the intesity of the team coming from 24 and 23. All around great night. Challenge on the road, in conference, in division, to wrap up division, w/ early struggles and we win by 21. I'll take it every time. :big:

WAR EAGLE :au:

Looks like business as usual in DIV 1 Ball to me...

It happens every year and will continue to happen. All the top teams will struggle at some point, even the national champs consistently have a close one or a lucky bounce YEAR AFTER YEAR that just seems to get them by-no doubt about it, todays games were business as usual-some great teams struggle and win, some struggle and lose.

USC has already struggled(at home) against Cal and will do so again against N. Dame and/or UCLA, Oklahoma did the same against K-State until later in the game and then again today against OK ST-They will lose against A&M, Miami struggled against Louisville(shoulda lost that one) and then got bit by NC tonight. I ran that "who's gonna lose" poll earlier in the week for this very reason-it's inevitable that the crap starts hitting the fan around this time of the year for all the top teams-in at least one game-some survive, some don't.

I truly believe that we had our struggle game tonight and yet we win by 21. This team really started believing in themselves after the UT game and are a truly special group. We will be extremely intense for the Georgia game, and then for Bama as always, then it's off to the SECCG where we'll face UT again-

I KNOW SOME OF YOU WON'T LIKE THIS NEXT FEW LINES BUT THIS IS MY STINKING OPINION AND SINCE I'M ENTITLED, PLEASE DON'T GIVE ME ANYMORE OF THE "JUST FOCUS ON NEXT GAME" MUMBO(I'M A FAN FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!).............THIS IS OUR SEASON & I DO BELIEVE WE ARE GOING ALL THE WAY!!!! I WILL BASK IN THE GLORY OF THE NEXT THREE STRAIGHT VICTORIES AND THEN CHEER MY BELOVED TIGERS ON TO VICTORY AGAINST WHOEVER WE PLAY IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

WAR EAGLE AND BRING ON WHOEVER!!!!

I noticed a dramatic change in team play after Ingle got hurt in the Kentucky game and it all starts at Center. This carried over to the Ole Piss game too but it seemed that Ross picked it up as the game went on. His snap style and rythm is definately different than that of Ingle's and we need Jeremy back for UGA.... If so, you will see a change..

Here are some other points to ponder:

1) Ole Miss was coming off a bye week. They had time to rest up, and really focus on a game plan. We came into this game having played 8 in a row.

2) In the past, Auburn has not exactly been stellar at making half time adjustments. Generally what you saw in the first half is what you got in the second half. We looked much better in the second half.

3) With the second string center in the game, the timing was off. Could this have effected whether or not we used as much motion as we could have? Maybe or maybe not - we should be able to use a second string center without having to make huge adjustments to our offense anyway.

4) The only big problem I have seen, is our defense giving up some big plays the last couple of games. Our secondary needs to stop letting guys get behind them. With an accurate passer like Greene coming up, we cannot afoord to give up the big plays.

He was almost able to play against OM, and I have read that being back for UGA will not be an issue.

Jason didn't have his best night.

I saw TT talking to Borges and they both were concerned about the intensity and production. After the fumble, we just didn't seem to have the intensity we have in the past 5 or 6 games. The fumble seemed to have upset the scripted series to the point that when we didn't get any early points, then we found we were going to have to earn it the hard way.

OM defense had a lot to do with our intensity. The kid for Bham, Boynkin(sp) had a good night. They were giving our OL all we wanted in the first half. We started wearing them down in the 3rd qtr.

Was it Flowers that beat PItts? He has embarassed a lot of DB's besides Pitts if it was.

AU's kicking game probably helped more last night than it has in long time. CW's return yardage was helpful for field position.

Jason's turnovers would have cost us this game if it was Georgia. However, the team overcame the turnovers against OM.

Looking at the discipline type errors and the snap issues, will have to be sharper against UGa.

Overall, not the prettiest win, but a W indeed.

9-0, who'd thunk it.

One of Auburn's problems is covering mid to deep passes and the problem's is speed(Will Herring) and inexperience (Monte Pitts) on both of the big pass plays both of them were in a should-have-stop-them position.Monte should have stopped the Flowers long catch and if you look at the replay watch Herring----pretty bad--backup,also on the Biddle TD ,Will is still playing way too far away from the defender to play catch up.......By the way where on earth was JUNIOR ROSEGREEN???I didn't hear his name all night.Our Secondary besides Rogers is our weakness.

Monte should have tackled the guy as soon as he realized that he was toast. Better to take the pentaly and get another chance to stop them, than give up the easy toss and run.

Part of Montae getting beat has to be attributed to the defensive play call. It was 3rd and 13 and we were in press man coverage. Flowers is like me in one way only. He's white. He is not slow. He went by Carlos on a fly pattern later. Fortunately, CR caught up when the pass was thrown.

Something I think will carry over is the fact that our starters had to fight the entire game. We stayed in control but it was one of those games where had we not executed in crucial situations throughout the second half, the momentum could have turned in a heartbeat. I think the week off will do wonders for this team

WDE

Archived