Bama/MSU

AUesquire

I think Bama has done as well as they could, but MSU has made a bunch of teams look good this year. I certainly don't think Bama has the horses to stay with LSU or Auburn.

I wonder how they will like the Poulan Weedeater Bowl?

118752[/snapback]

Hey, hey, hey, the weedeater bowl sounds really good right now. LOL.........Everyone knew coming in to this season that it would be a good season if bama went 6-5 (with Croyle) . Im happy, they made a bowl game and might be able to play with LSU or AU. Logic says they wont beat LSU or AU, but you never know. Thats why they play the game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I constantly have this same discussion with my brother who is a big time Bama fan.  :om: and  :msu: are two very different teams. The Ole Miss squd that you guys played is not the same one that we played. Sprulock was the qb when Bama played Ole Miss and I think he got llike four snaps against us. When Coach Cutcliffe finally made a quaterback change, Lane led them right down the feild to a touchdown. Bama fans don't forget that this was Ms. State htat you just played. Your offense is by far the most predictable in the country, and I know that you have the  " #1 Defense in the Country", but by your own standards look at  :lsu: and :au: . http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/nation...teamtotdef.html

Why would these defenses not be able to dominate your offense.

which would you favor  :au: 's#19 offense vs. :ua: 's#1 defense 

:au: 's #5 defense vs. :ua: 's #74 offense :no:   :no:

Side note Bammys: Guess who has the #1 and #2 rush Defenses in the :sec: .

If you said  :au: and  :lsu: you get a big  :thumbsup:

W.D.E. :cheer:

118838[/snapback]

This post is laughable at best. AU beat an Ole Miss team that was better than when we played them. Yet MSU is horrible, even though they had won 2 in a row over Florida and Kentucky. I think it's safe to say that MSU is a better team than when AU played them, and MSU will BEAT Ole Miss this year.

NOBODY HAS SAID THAT BAMA IS BETTER THAN AU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LSU is no better than bama. They are just as one demensionable as bama, and it will be a close game. What makes you guys think that UA's defense won't dominate LSU's offense the same way that LSU's defense will dominate bama's offense? Please, if you don't mind, tell me how LSU is soooooo much better than bama?

I think the biggest difference was we were playing a team that was supposed to be half decent on the road.

Y'all were squeaking by the only team in the West worse than you, and you were at home.

118835[/snapback]

Since when has Ole Miss been half decent? Also, Arkansas, ole miss, and miss st all have worse SEC records than bama. IF bama can pull off some miracle and actually beat LSU this week-end, bama will be second in the west.

like i've said before, it's so great that these things will get to play out on the field instead of on our forum boards.

ct

118790[/snapback]

Blah blah blah, i agree with you on this one. AU has a the best team in the SEC, but thats why they play the games instead of just giving them the SEC Championship or anything. The point is Bama could come out and play the game of the year and beat AU. But, AU could come out and beat the crap out of Bama. Thats why they play the game.

Anyone watch the A&M OU game? Wow that was a close one. I didnt give A&M a chance to win that game.

I can see bama giving lsu a good game. I can see them giving us a good game.

If we bring our a game to tuscaloosa we should win.

118848[/snapback]

Thats my point. If AU even brings A- or B+ game to T-town, they should win. The only way bama will win this game is if Bama plays better than they have in about 3 years.

I think that there is one thing that LSU has that bama doesn't and that is a Quaterback that is a threat to stretch the field. LSU has already shown that they are not afraid to leave their corners on an island and I do believe that with your offense they will send nine and leave Webster and whoever the other corner is alone with Caddell and Hall.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Egg Bowl, but Ms. States defense is not that good. Does it not concern you at all that you have to run Darby around 40 times to maintain your offense. I think your coach should at least spell him for a while with Johns. Hes suppose to be pretty good right. That kind of pounding could take its toll in these next few games.

I agree with that too. Shula has to find some passing game and take the pressure off of the running game. Darby cant take so many hits. Running the ball 40 times will pay a big toll on him.

I think that there is one thing that LSU has that bama doesn't  and that is a Quaterback that is a threat to stretch the field. LSU has already shown that they are not afraid to leave their corners on an island and I do believe that with your offense they will send nine and leave Webster and whoever the other corner is alone with Caddell and Hall.

I honestly couldn't care less about the Egg Bowl, but Ms. States defense is not that good. Does it not concern you at all that you have to run Darby around 40 times to maintain your offense. I think your coach should at least spell him for a while with Johns. Hes suppose to be pretty good right. That kind of pounding could take its toll in these next few games.

118862[/snapback]

LSU's qb doesn't worry me one bit. It will be an ugly low scoring game, but it will be a game. I agree about running Darby 40 times a game, but as an AU fan you should know all about doing what you have to do to win games. It wasn't too long ago that Carnell was running for 30-40 carries a game. As for Johns, he's a true freshman. He's gonna make freshman mistakes, but, he has to be able to come in and give Darby a breather.

I constantly have this same discussion with my brother who is a big time Bama fan.  :om: and  :msu: are two very different teams. The Ole Miss squd that you guys played is not the same one that we played. Sprulock was the qb when Bama played Ole Miss and I think he got llike four snaps against us. When Coach Cutcliffe finally made a quaterback change, Lane led them right down the feild to a touchdown. Bama fans don't forget that this was Ms. State htat you just played. Your offense is by far the most predictable in the country, and I know that you have the  " #1 Defense in the Country", but by your own standards look at  :lsu: and :au: . http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/nation...teamtotdef.html

Why would these defenses not be able to dominate your offense.

which would you favor  :au: 's#19 offense vs. :ua: 's#1 defense 

:au: 's #5 defense vs. :ua: 's #74 offense :no:   :no:

Side note Bammys: Guess who has the #1 and #2 rush Defenses in the :sec: .

If you said  :au: and  :lsu: you get a big  :thumbsup:

W.D.E. :cheer:

118838[/snapback]

This is EXACTLY the same slant that i was talking about. You give ole miss all the credit in the world for being better than when we played them...so freaking what. Are they four touchdowns better? Ummmm no. Did we squeak by MSU 30-14? or did we do exactly the same thing AU did? Interesting that you still fail to mention that MSU is playing out of their minds right now coming off of 2 straight sec wins. No MSU is not a great team. We played sloppy and had some bad breaks...and still won by more than two tds.

Ask yourself...who has the best rated pass defense in the nation? If you said alabama you deserve a big :thumbsup:

I do remember what it was like when Carnell had to run 40 times and I do remember what it was like when Carnell was being carried off of the feild with a broken leg. Personally, I don't think that LSU's quaterbacks are all that good,but they can throw the ball farther than good ole Spencer. Watching the last few Bama games I have seen when they have tried to throw the deep ball and he undrthrows it. The only way they are complete is if the receiver comes back. Now accuracy aside, I know that they will atleast be able to throw a pass longer than 30 yards.

Just a quick question what does the pass defense have to do with the current topic. I mentioned the run defense because thats what Bama does 90% of the and the now face the two best run defense in the conference. I am confident that Jason Campbell will be able to exploit that #1 pass Defense like he did last year

18-27-1td and 2 pics(trying to avoid the spin). All I 'm saying is that your #1 rushing offense will have a tougher time moving the ball on two of the elite defenses in the conference. But like I said earlier I think that it will be easier(not easy, just easier) for our offense to score on your defense than your offense scoring on our defense.

Where do you think all of those NCs came from? You don't actually think thy won them do? :no:

Just a quick question what does the pass defense have to do with the current topic. I mentioned the run defense because thats what Bama does 90% of the and the now face the two best run defense in the conference. I am confident that Jason Campbell will be able to exploit that #1 pass Defense like he did last year

18-27-1td and 2 pics(trying to avoid the spin). All I 'm saying is that your  #1 rushing offense will have a tougher time moving the ball on two of the elite defenses in the conference. But like I said earlier I think that it will be easier(not easy, just easier) for our offense to score on your defense than your offense scoring on our defense.

118874[/snapback]

The fact that it was said LSU has QBs who will be difference makers in the game leads right into my post about our pass defense does it not?

and for the record...AU had 182 passing yards on 22 attempts against msu. We had 119 on 15 pass attempts. Both teams ran for 283.

I cant believe we should even expect to show up nov 20th. We should stay at home and forefeit.

118779[/snapback]

LOL

Note to bg: uat had their FIRST STRING, IF you can call it that, in the entire game.

Hope that helps clear things up for you.

p.s. Shouldn't you be on the lsWHO board right about now? :roflol::roflol::roflol:

At the risk of beating a dead horse...

Obviously, Auburn and LSU will be favored when they play Bama. But equally obvious--Bama has the potential to be dangerous.

The surest way for either Tigers to lose is to take Bama for granted and go into the game over-confident, so I get nervous hearing my Auburn brethern talking like Bama will be a pushover and guaranteed win. But as long as :au: & :lsu: bring their best games, don't make mistakes due to lack of focus, and don't let Bama win the emotional battle, they should be able to handle :ua: without too many nightmares. An overwhelming Auburn victory wouldn't surprise me, but neither would a narrow escape.

I, for one, don't think Auburn has any more pushovers left on the schedule. But they do have every capability and excellent chances of going into the bowls 12-0.

At the risk of beating a dead horse...

Obviously, Auburn and LSU will be favored when they play Bama.  But equally obvious--Bama has the potential to be dangerous. 

The surest way for either Tigers to lose is to take Bama for granted and go into the game over-confident, so I get nervous hearing my Auburn brethern talking like Bama will be a pushover and guaranteed win.  But as long as  :au: &  :lsu:   bring their best games, don't make mistakes due to lack of focus, and don't let Bama win the emotional battle, they should be able to handle  :ua:   without too many nightmares.  An overwhelming Auburn victory wouldn't surprise me, but neither would a narrow escape.

I, for one, don't think Auburn has any more pushovers left on the schedule.  But they do have every capability and excellent chances of going into the bowls 12-0.

118944[/snapback]

I don't think AU will lose to bama. The seniors on AU's team will keep them where they need to be mentally. AU really does have a special team this year. As for LSU, they should beat bama on paper, but they are not playing any better than bama is. They are just as one demensional as bama, but they have fresh legs to put in the game. That will probably be the difference. BUT, bama has a very good chance to beat LSU. I can't base that on anything but opinion, and until the games are played, that's about all any of us fans have.

If by some chance Bama does pull out a victory, I'd be willing to bet that someone here would say that LSU sucks and bama had to get all the calls to go their way to win. AND, no matter what, UA's defense is over-rated because they haven't played anyone.

Archived