Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

" I was genuinely excited about WM returning but I'm rapidly losing interest. "

I never really caught the "excited about WM bug" because of the way he left Auburn the last time went down. No doubt he's a good defensive mind and would be an asset but the way this is unfolding doesn't lead me to believe Auburn is his top priority and I understand that but, we need a DC and moving on from here to other possibilities wouldn't disappoint me one bit.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody hearing anything about DJ Durkin and TRob announcement tomorrow?

Do tell.

Just a friend that has an account on 247. I was just checking to confirm.

And?

Says PM is saying Durkin and TRob coming tomorrow. Basically all he said. That's why I was checking to see if anyone has confirmed. It's not blowing up the internet yet so I'm leaning no one still knows anything.

PM is saying that now? Maybe he should just stop talking.

yes this is absurd. I'll believe it when I see the actual announcment.

How much of the UF defense was Durkin and how much was Muschamp? This could be like hiring away Lashlee while he's been under Malzahn.

He was DC at Florida under Meyer also.

How much of the UF defense was Durkin and how much was Muschamp? This could be like hiring away Lashlee while he's been under Malzahn.

He was DC at Florida under Meyer also.

How was their defense under Meyer? That was ages ago in football years.

Forget Muschamp going to Pitt. Cosmic symmetry requires Bo Pelini to take that position.

If Muschamp wants to be head coach somewhere, then more power to him. I hope he realizes that the UF program gave him everything, including a great recruiting base. Wherever he goes next as HC, every aspect of the job will be more difficult.

Forget Muschamp going to Pitt. Cosmic symmetry requires Bo Pelini to take that position.

If Muschamp wants to be head coach somewhere, then more power to him. I hope he realizes that the UF program gave him everything, including a great recruiting base. Wherever he goes next as HC, every aspect of the job will be more difficult.

He was brought in to clean up the program and he did that, they should have given him 1 more year but whatever

The fickleness of this thread is pitiful. Over 3000 posts to prove that 90% of the people who thought they had "sources" don't. Even the insiders such as PM and others are either getting misinformation or making educated guesses. 10 pages ago WM was all still the rage. Now because another insider says we may be a fall back plan, WM is trash. Maybe its just that I've been on this computer for the last 13 hrs refreshing every few hrs and am getting fatigued but it's amazing how fast things get turned from opinion to fact. The only time tables I've seen so far have not come from Auburn Athletics, only insiders and opinions. I hope my frustrations are just the computer fatigue setting in. Sorry for the rant.

Less than 900 to go until 400k baby woot

Not even close. When you spend 1000 posts in a thread talking about post count, it cheapens the thread.

400k views doesn't cheapen anything because it is about people viewing the content, and I would say of the 3113 posts well over 1000 aren't on topic but isn't that the point about now

He was brought in to clean up the program and he did that, they should have given him 1 more year but whatever

I agree. They should have given him another year.

Sounds like either we are backup plan or Sextoning

Of course we are a backup plan. A guy who was just head coaching at one of the biggest programs in the country isn't going to just happily take a demotion without entertaining every possible head coaching opportunity that may be available to him. This is what is to be expected when you target someone of this stature.

Sounds like either we are backup plan or Sextoning

Or maybe CWM was on vacation and is now weighing his options with his family. I hope whatever his decision is, it's right for him. I hope he decides Auburn is the right place.

Guest jojo1515

For those of you saying we should go after Clark.....I just checked.....UAB held opponents under 20 points TWICE all year.....they won games by outscoring other teams in shootouts. No thanks.

For those of you saying we should go after Clark.....I just checked.....UAB held opponents under 20 points TWICE all year.....they won games by outscoring other teams in shootouts. No thanks.

Wasn't Clark HC? He might be a much better DC than his DC was. Just as CWM was probably better than his DC.

It's not like he had great talent to work with. Don't be ignorant, the man can coach.

The fickleness of this thread is pitiful. Over 3000 posts to prove that 90% of the people who thought they had "sources" don't. Even the insiders such as PM and others are either getting misinformation or making educated guesses. 10 pages ago WM was all still the rage. Now because another insider says we may be a fall back plan, WM is trash. Maybe its just that I've been on this computer for the last 13 hrs refreshing every few hrs and am getting fatigued but it's amazing how fast things get turned from opinion to fact. The only time tables I've seen so far have not come from Auburn Athletics, only insiders and opinions. I hope my frustrations are just the computer fatigue setting in. Sorry for the rant.

I have been uneasy or more accurately, unsure that WM was coming here. Just something has seemed a little off from the beginning. Sometimes it's better to not get your first choice. The sexy pick is not always the best. I like him and will be glad if we get him just the same.

Archived