Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe something new from PM on 247 says it's done. From what I can gather, says t-rob is coming with him for sure. As in, done. I can't read it, but from the tweets blowing out like mad, that's what I gather.

He said in the article " barring any last minute snags" Annoncement expected before the weekend is over

Guest jojo1515

AUBURN – Will Muschamp, widely considered one of the top defensive minds in college football, is on the verge of being named Auburn’s next defensive coordinator, AuburnUndercover has learned. Barring any last-minute snags, the announcement is likely to come before the weekend is over.

Will Muschamp will return to Auburn for the third time. (Photo: USA TODAY Sports)

If this is the truth, then we all need to roll out the ginger ale and Oreo cookies!

On a lighter note, Parker Snaubel(sp) is fixing his washplant so that he doesn't lose Gold in his sluice.

Now that is a show I love to watch! I live near some great streams that from time to time produce some decent chunks of gold. There are streams nearby that contain some nice stones such as emeralds and garnet. One thing going good for me is my ginseng plants. I have about 75 nice plants that will produce some quality American Ginseng. No one knows where it is except me. It is very difficult to get to without having the assistance of some rope and hiking staffs.

Back to the DC blog. I am tired of the wait and have reached that whoever we hire will be much better than what we had. A few names that are worthy of looking into are Robb Smith at Arkansas. His defense shut out LSU and Ole Miss back to back. Bammer was held to 14 points. He has SEC experience and would be a great hire. Ed Orgeron is another top tier defensive coaches in all of college football.

Now that we hired a DC lets go hire another!!

PM: Muschamp on verge on being named Auburn DC...,on Twittah, 2 minutes ago

This sounds like the real deal.

Will believe it when I see it.

I agree. I will believe it when I hear Gus say it.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Muschamp-on-verge-of-being-named-Auburn-DC-33819007

AUBURN – Will Muschamp, widely considered one of the top defensive minds in college football, is on the verge of being named Auburn’s next defensive coordinator, AuburnUndercover has learned. Barring any last-minute snags, the announcement is likely to come before the weekend is over.

Former All-SEC Auburn safety Travaris Robinson, the secondary coach at Florida, is expected to join Muschamp on Auburn’s staff.

ESPNs bottom line & the SEC channel says that it is between us and the University of Houston. This is a no brainer folks! Houston would be a hard nut to crack for even the nuttiest coaches around!

ESPNs bottom line & the SEC channel says that it is between us and the University of Houston. This is a no brainer folks! Houston would be a hard nut to crack for even the nuttiest coaches around!

The word is that he pulled his name from the UH search

This thread needs to go on for a long time. I have not had this much fun since the snow on my metal roof in the mountains came sliding down like an avalanche and blocked the main road for 18 hours!

If any of you out there live in the mountains of NC, let me know.

MUSCHAMP is coming boys it's for sure. Get ready for some defense to go along with the best offense in the nation

Thanks!

MUSCHAMP is coming boys it's for sure. Get ready for some defense to go along with the best offense in the nation

Thanks!

Not picking on anyone but I see a lot of AU fans going nuts on the Muschamp wait. Folks if you want to go after the best players or the best coaches in the country, you better get used to this. If we could get either without someone else trying to beat us to the punch, then they probably would not be worth getting. It is nothing against AU, that Will is checking out this options. What is important that we are one of the options that he is considering. I don't think many take the time to contemplate the magnitude of the situation. Will just got fired as HC at UF a couple of weeks ago. He has a lot of things racing through his mind. We are AU fans but to him its a job that will not only affect him but his family as well. We as the AU family should be honored that someone of his stature has us in his top tier. There is no reason for us to feel any bad vibes if he chooses elsewhere. We are Auburn and we are bigger and better than any single person. If we get Will, that's well and good. If not, them we move on and find another. Nobody knew folks like Will were good until they tried them. I think their are a lot of good choices still out there if this one does not work. JMHO. WDE

Archived