Possible position change for JFIII

aubiefifty

4 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

If these numbers are true and not "AU accurate" then Rudy Ford should win an island:  link

None of those are accurate, obviously.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

If these numbers are true and not "AU accurate" then Rudy Ford should win an island:  link

They're "AU accurate" for sure. 

What is important, though, is that several "Auburn fast" guys have gone to the combine and been "NFL fast". Rudy Ford isn't a 4.2 guy, but he's going to be one of the faster guys at the combine. 

We have elite speed, and a lot of it.

Just now, Barnacle said:

surprisingly not obvious to so many posters. has to be explained every year. 

Trust me, I know.

You're highly unlikely to see even a single sub 4.30 at the NFL Combine this weekend; yet every year we seemingly have ~4-5 guys who "time" in the 4.2's LOL.

48 minutes ago, metafour said:

None of those are accurate, obviously.

Well, they are accurate for the purpose of comparing one guy to the next, but yea... the lasers we use are obviously able to be calibrated to shave a tenth or so off of every time.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

These fall in the category of AU accurate . No way in hell Javaris Davis ran a 4.18.

I think in high school he was a freaking 4.4 guy at best (lasered).

1 hour ago, DAG said:

John Franklin-4.28
Carlton Davis-4.28
Jamel Dean-4.28
Rudy Ford-4.20
Javaris Davis-4.18

We are splitting hairs here. If Iggy can run a sub 4.2 40 as a true freshman than shut it down. I want to see Ted Ginn numbers.

I was listening to some of the 40 time results from the NFL combine.  When I see all this sub-4.3 stuff, I can't help but think you can add a tenth or two to get to a more realistic/accurate time.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, DAG said:

John Franklin-4.28
Carlton Davis-4.28
Jamel Dean-4.28
Rudy Ford-4.20
Javaris Davis-4.18

We are splitting hairs here. If Iggy can run a sub 4.2 40 as a true freshman than shut it down. I want to see Ted Ginn numbers.

Wow! I did not realize we had this many world class speed on our roster. Rudy will do well in the NFL no doubt. I would not be surprised if he is a 1st or 2nd round pick.  I would love to see a team by team breakdown of all SEC teams of how many sub 4.40 times that each team has on the rosters.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:13 AM, metafour said:

These types of posts always kill me.

"Just get 'X' role player significant touches because he's fast".

How many footballs are we playing with? Where are all these touches coming from? Look at the roster: you've got Pettway, Johnson, and other backs who will get "touches".  Then you've got about ~4+ receivers who are easily better players than Franklin.  Franklin is like a poor-man's version of Eli Stove, the fact that he may be "slightly faster" means virtually nothing as I can virtually guarantee that Stove is: a better receiver, more agile, and more physical.

The way some of you talk, you'd need to run 150 plays a game just to get everyone touches.

Looks like a weapon to me. So let him sit? I'm not the coach. Sorry that I killed you posting in the jf3 position change thread. I said nothing about reviever. His '16 performance was a play calling/game management disaster and I believe he has a lot to offer, aside from the hand cramps and all. Without low-balling any of his teammates, I believe he's at or near the top of the list to seperate and eat up yards. Needs a home.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:31 AM, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Franklin's best option is to switch positions. I do not think he can beat out any of the other QB's, not even Willis. Maybe he can return punts and kickoffs? I mean I am not sure what position he could be moved to. I guess it depends on his hands. If he can catch then maybe receiver? If not, maybe DB with his speed? What position would be most ideal to his stature? 

Left out

J/k...sorta

On 3/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, metafour said:

Trust me, I know.

You're highly unlikely to see even a single sub 4.30 at the NFL Combine this weekend; yet every year we seemingly have ~4-5 guys who "time" in the 4.2's LOL.

Its cause we run 37's

I could see Franklin returning kickoffs with his straight line speed but, honestly, have a hard time envisioning him getting PT anywhere else. And, given his frame, I'm not sure how long he'd survive returning KOs, lol.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:10 PM, Strychnine said:

I also think it was a good play for us in 2016, but I suspect that says more about our multi-year red zone struggles than it serves as a wildcat endorsement.  That said, anything that requires substitution is counter-productive for a HUNH team.  Of course, that assumes the HUNH team is going to utilize the "hurry up" part.

Exactly!  In some cases, I think we could utilize the WC with the same personnel as the previous play. But if not, don't stop play to sub and let the defense catch their breath. 

Archived