2017 A-Day Game.. We need a huge crowd

bikeriderga

17 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

For someone who hasn't been to a game in a while, and is now also bringing small children for the first time, can anyone give advice as to what areas of the stadium will be shaded? 

The upper decks have shade. 

Upper decks are usually closed off on A Day.  If you face the Jumbotron, the stands closest to the endzone on the right side will have shade from the upper decks and will shade more as the sun sets if I'm remembering right.

Id sit as close to the top of the bottom bowl as possible to get some shade. Game is at 1pm so I'd sit on the west side of the stadium. So if my back was to the jumbotron i would look for seating on the left side of the stadium tucked up under the upper deck as much as possible. 

Thanks all. Is it chaos trying to get a seat when the gates open or will it be fairly casual? Ideally, we wouldn't get there too early before the game starts at the risk of a toddler losing her interest in a hurry.

1 hour ago, BigSammyK said:

Thanks all. Is it chaos trying to get a seat when the gates open or will it be fairly casual? Ideally, we wouldn't get there too early before the game starts at the risk of a toddler losing her interest in a hurry.

Usually pretty casual. Depends upon crowd of course. The larger the crowd, the more difficult it is.

Have been going since  2009 and that 2011 A-Day/Championship memorial was a big crowd, along with the 2013 A-Day/ say goodbye to Toomer's corner trees. Other than these two, the crowds have been between 40-50 K. 

BTW, if the crowd is large enough the upper decks will be open. They weren't last year, since the crowd was only around 45K. I hope we score at least 60K this year. Will mean a lot to the team and to the recruits visiting.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:55 PM, eibua12 said:

There is a huge Cheer Competition in Atlanta that weekend tough competition I am going to be the crowd will be down because of that!  

What exactly is a Cheer competition?  Is this like cheerleader competition? If this is the case, why miss a great football experience to watch folks doing cheers and sorts. Or is this like a Cheers for beer or thereabouts? I do not do crowds anymore . Church is as big of a crowd as I can handle.

Archived