ellitor

Bracket Projections Talk

Recommended Posts

Jerry Palm just released his newest bracket & has AU 1 4 seed in the South.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Joe Lunardi had a new bracket out yesterday with AU a 7 seed in the midwest

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

The bracket matrix is a conglomoration of many brackets. They last updated on New Year's Day before the Vols win. They had AU a 10 seed with the highest seed being a 6 seed & lowest was 12. AU was in 37 of the 46 brackets.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Edited by ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Wow....way too early for this.......but something to aspire to.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever seed we are, I just want us in the big show.   I’ve missed seeing AU as part of the tourney!  

 

WDE!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome, but a loooong way to go for sure. Those brackets also have bama listed, and you would have to be smoking crack if you've watched them play and still think they will make the tournament. They've looked pretty awful. It seems these are all still largely based on preseason opinion, more than actual results to this point. We are an exception to that.

Edited by boisnumber1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is awesome, but a loooong way to go for sure. Those brackets also have bama listed, and you would have to be smoking crack if you've watched them play and still think they will make the tournament. They've looked pretty awful. It seems these are all still largely based on preseason opinion, more than actual results to this point. We are an exception to that.

Just wondering what's going on with Bama. They're playing way below their talent. That's on Avery. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Those brackets also have bama listed, and you would have to be smoking crack if you've watched them play and still think they will make the tournament. They've looked pretty awful. It seems these are all still largely based on preseason opinion, more than actual results to this point.

No. Their actual resume had them in before today on many brackets. Even w/ the rough loss at UGA today their resume still aint bad. They are 4-5 versus RPI tier 1 & tier 2 teams which is not considered bad. They did have a bad tier 3 loss at Vandy the other night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dreaded 5-12 matchup. Or 7-10. I like our chances of that's the case. 

Hope we can keep improving. Let's go!

Edited by Randman5000
Bracket matchup mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

The dreaded 5-10 matchup. I like our chances of that's the case. 

Hope we can keep improving. Let's go!

5-10 matchup huh? It's clearly been a while for Auburn fans to pay attention to the tournament.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

5-10 matchup huh? It's clearly been a while for Auburn fans to pay attention to the tournament.

Haha. Made a mistake. Yeah, twelve seeds are notorious for upsetting five seeds. 

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

RPI up to #9 in the country 

Wow, I guess that's due to Tennessee beating Kentucky tonight. Auburn was 12 right after the Arkansas game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 1:14 AM, gr82be said:

Wow, I guess that's due to Tennessee beating Kentucky tonight. Auburn was 12 right after the Arkansas game. 

Was actually just before UT. Won. Now they are 10th, UK, 12th, & AU 13th. Well feel yesterday based on how other AU opponents did on Saturday Night & Sunday. Temple was blasted @ UCF (They have lost 5 straight too), Hofstra lost @ home to Elon, Dayton had a bad home loss to UMass, Winthrop horrific loss @ Campbell, George Mason bad home loss to Davidson, Gardner-Webb horrific road loss to Longwood,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Was actually just before UT. Won. Now they are 10th, UK, 12th, & AU 13th. Well feel yesterday based on how other AU opponents did on Saturday Night & Sunday. Temple was blasted @ UCF (They have lost 5 straight too), Hofstra lost @ home to Elon, Dayton had a bad home loss to UMass, Winthrop horrific loss @ Campbell, George Mason bad home loss to Davidson, Gardner-Webb horrific road loss to Longwood,

Thanks. I never gave a thought to how fluid the RPI is. Been a while since I had a reason to check :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Thanks. I never gave a thought to how fluid the RPI is. Been a while since I had a reason to check :)

Most sites that have polls don't update frequently, but it's pretty much real time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder what happened to Temple. They beat both us an Clemson, the only loss each of us have, but they've gone off a cliff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Wonder what happened to Temple. They beat both us an Clemson, the only loss each of us have, but they've gone off a cliff. 

My guess would be some type of important injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 4:38 PM, AUDub said:

Just wondering what's going on with Bama. They're playing way below their talent. That's on Avery. 

I think they’re suffering from some of the same issues we did last year. They rely so much on Sexton and Petty to play well and a couple other young guys to contribute. They have some guys from last year that have had to take a bit of a back seat to the young guys, and it seems to have affected their chemistry and their defense. 

I think it’s possible they won’t find their rhythm this year. They will have some good games and some head scratchers like we did last year. IMO, much like Auburn, they aren’t built right now to have a one-and-done type player come in and not cause a good bit of disruption to their team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 7:32 PM, boomstick said:

I think they’re suffering from some of the same issues we did last year. They rely so much on Sexton and Petty to play well and a couple other young guys to contribute. They have some guys from last year that have had to take a bit of a back seat to the young guys, and it seems to have affected their chemistry and their defense. 

I think it’s possible they won’t find their rhythm this year. They will have some good games and some head scratchers like we did last year. IMO, much like Auburn, they aren’t built right now to have a one-and-done type player come in and not cause a good bit of disruption to their team. 

As I've said to others before, I just don't believe AJ is a high level basketball coach. He took Don Nelson's Mavs and had a couple good years with Dirk's team, but he faded terribly fast in the playoffs. I'm sure he knows basketball, and he presents a polished, professional image, but I dont believe he'll bring anything close to a championship caliber team to the Crapstone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only slightly related...but LSU is slamming the pigs at home.....wondering if some folks had misjudged what Arkansas was going to be this year.   Long way to go but conference looking pretty balanced. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Only slightly related...but LSU is slamming the pigs at home.....wondering if some folks had misjudged what Arkansas was going to be this year.   Long way to go but conference looking pretty balanced. 

I think this is one of those situations where the bad isn’t as bad as it seems and the good isn’t as good as it seems. Arkansas lost its cool early in that game after a couple things didn’t go their way. They really showed their frustrations in this losing streak they’re on. And I think LSU took advantage of that. 

I think Waters for LSU is fantastic and Reap is a really tough matchup for us. But I don’t think LSU is a great team. If you don’t play well against them though, they will beat you, much like any other team in the league this year. 

Edited by boomstick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too early to draw conclusions but teams like arky and TAMU having more problems than expected.....and UT also.  

Looks like everyone 'can be had" if the team has an off day...or some unexpected injuries.  JMO...but our balanced scoring  is the best protection we have from an off night. .

Another year for us not to bet on the outcome of any game perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now