WarEagle2423

Offseason Coaching Changes

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I definitely don't want to lose Horton. I'm just surprised people are saying he's gone when, unlike years past, there's no chatter of another school trying to snag him as their OC.  He's never flirted with a lateral move, only moving up.

He was close to taking a RB job last year but it got offered to someone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Marcello just reported that Horton agreed to new deal with Auburn last week. 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still do not understand or believe the brown thing. unless he is very unhappy with someone he has to work with on the staff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Allen_D said:

Looks like an addition to the “Strategists/Quality Control” staff

 

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-hire-missouri-special-teams-analyst-jonathan-rutledge-staff

We don't know where this guy will fit, but at least we do know that some attention is being paid to the horrible special teams play we had to endure last year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikey said:

We don't know where this guy will fit, but at least we do know that some attention is being paid to the horrible special teams play we had to endure last year.

Special Teams, he already has posted his title on twitter account, no other title

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe someone has us lined up with an australian punter that should sign and show up soon unless he has already signed. there was an article on that dreaded site a few weeks back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allen_D said:

Looks like an addition to the “Strategists/Quality Control” staff

 

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-hire-missouri-special-teams-analyst-jonathan-rutledge-staff

Excellent hire. Missouri wasn't good at much, last year, but they EXCELLED at special teams. Him + Aussie punter + Little Carlson should finally round us out.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 11:06 AM, bigbird said:

Maybe he realizes he needs to Branch out and learn under another coach to further progress in his career.

The entire staff could stand to do that - I’d like to hear that they go camp out for a few days - “lunch and learn” with an NFL staff (but not sure who I’d consider a prime candidate/destination, for such a field trip)...  maybe they can make some friends to go visit at AU Pro day...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how Gus plans on doing it, but we need a special teams coach. It's been awful the past few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Allen_D said:

The entire staff could stand to do that - I’d like to hear that they go camp out for a few days - “lunch and learn” with an NFL staff (but not sure who I’d consider a prime candidate/destination, for such a field trip)...  maybe they can make some friends to go visit at AU Pro day...

 

 

Ron Zook with the Green Bay Packers would be a good one, IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He posted on his twitter account that their punt return unit had returned 2 punts for TDs this year, and avg over 16 yds per punt return.

To compare Mizz and AU in the final SEC Special Team stats for 2017 ranking:

MIZZ is 1st column and AU is 2nd column:

Punts (defended): 1 14 
Punt Ret: 2 8 
Kickoff (Defended) 8 14 
Kickoff ret 6 3 (that was due to our great FR returner) 
(OVERALL) 2nd LAST

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 2:57 PM, steeleagle said:

He posted on his twitter account that their punt return unit had returned 2 punts for TDs this year, and avg over 16 yds per punt return.

To compare Mizz and AU in the final SEC Special Team stats for 2017 ranking:

MIZZ is 1st column and AU is 2nd column:

Punts (defended): 1 14 
Punt Ret: 2 8 
Kickoff (Defended) 8 14 
Kickoff ret 6 3 (that was due to our great FR returner) 
(OVERALL) 2nd LAST

Don't forget to give some credit to their punter.  That kid was amazing. Hopefully our Aussie will be too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2018 at 4:44 PM, lionheartkc said:

Don't forget to give some credit to their punter.  That kid was amazing. Hopefully our Aussie will be too.

This is confusing with the 2 columns. I only see 1 column. Could you clarify this?  THanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

This is confusing with the 2 columns. I only see 1 column. Could you clarify this?  THanks

I assume you mean @steeleagle's post. It bascially shows that Missouri was pretty awesome at Special Teams, ranked near the top in both punting categories, and decently in kick-off categories and we sucked at everything but kick-off returns. It sums it up with the fact that Missouri had the 2nd ranked Special Teams in the SEC last year and we were dead last.

He gave credit to Iggy for our good showing in kick-off returns, so I pointed out that he needed to give credit to Missouri's punter for their punting numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

This is confusing with the 2 columns. I only see 1 column. Could you clarify this?  THanks

Sorry, if it was confusing. I tried to make columns that were lined up, and I failed. :slapfh:

Next to each category listed,(ex. Punts (defended): 1,14)) there are 2 numbers. The first is Mizz's rank in the SEC and the second is AU's rank.

I agree, that their punter was fantastic too. And our punter made it hard for our punt coverage to keep the returner from getting many yards. But we had problems like this the last 2 years with 2 different punters as well as our kick off team coverage.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Sorry, if it was confusing. I tried to make columns that were lined up, and I failed. :slapfh:

Next to each category listed,(ex. Punts (defended): 1,14)) there are 2 numbers. The first is Mizz's rank in the SEC and the second is AU's rank.

I agree, that their punter was fantastic too. And our punter made it hard for our punt coverage to keep the returner from getting many yards. But we had problems like this the last 2 years with 2 different punters as well as our kick off team coverage.

now I see where you are coming from. Good stats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, auburnphan said:

He was close to taking a RB job last year but it got offered to someone else

It has got to be cold in your neck of the woods!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It has got to be cold in your neck of the woods!

high of 9 tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

high of 9 tomorrow

I thought 35 degrees was miserable!  I have a nephew who is a SFC in the Army and a recruiter near Green Bay. He just got redeployed to Maryland. He feels like he is going to Miami in comparision!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

It has got to be cold in your neck of the woods!

You can't brag much Doc....NC mountains have been visited by the Jet Stream a couple times this year with 30-40 mph winds all day and we've had chill factor below zero off and on several days in the past few weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Christ almighty I would die....60 at the moment down here in Fl.

We got no snow and can still golf, you get one helluva roll off the tee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now