Men vs. Texas A&M - game thread

WarTiger

We fought back without our leading scorer. 

That ref waited to see if he made it or not before calling the foul on Chuma. 

We had a good look at the end, it was deep but we had 3 seconds.

We really missed Wiley tonight and without Bryce, in such a tough matchup for us,  we could've won this game. Hoping Bryce is ready to go for UGA!!! 

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we know we can play with big teams and have a shot to win. But that ending was total BS.

Tough losing Brown for the second half.....don't have anyone to take up the slack for outside shots.

Well...who is next...?

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

It sucks to lose to a bad team at home, and Auburn has some hard road games coming up.  I hope Pearl can wake this team up to regroup

Did you watch the game or did you just come here to bitch? Because I don’t recall you saying anything else in this thread. 

Time to get back on track and kick thuga’s ass.

It sucks to lose to a bad team at home, and Auburn has some hard road games coming up.  I hope Pearl can wake this team up to regroup

1)  That's not a bad team.  They started 11-1 before injuries hit them and are finally healthy again.

2) Good teams lose at home all the time.  Villanova did so tonight.  College hoops are fickle like that.

3) We still lead the SEC and are 21-3 overall.  No need to wake up.  We're fine.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Did you watch the game or did you just come here to bitch? Because I don’t recall you saying anything else in this thread. 

Cool it...no need to act like a child.  Anyway I didn’t know you were in charge of thread.  It was a difficult loss, but hopefully this team can regroup and finish strong

Wow, no need for a foul there. But nonetheless, to be able to lose by one wothout your leading scorer, dont tell me we cant play against big teams. Tough turnaround to go to Georgia. Hopefully brown is healthy. 

Cool it...no need to act like a child.  Anyway I didn’t know you were in charge of thread.  It was a difficult loss, but hopefully this team can regroup and finish strong

So you came here to bitch. 

Thought AU handled the size mismatch fairly well...just that aggies were hot from the outside and built up the big lead before we rallied...gutsy response without Brown.

1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

Wow, no need for a foul there. But nonetheless, to be able to lose by one wothout your leading scorer, dont tell me we cant play against big teams. Tough turnaround to go to Georgia. Hopefully brown is healthy. 

Down by 15 at one point, power back to a lead, and then lose by 1. 

All along without Brown. That’s not too bad, I don’t suppose. The result sucks, but that’s obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Wow, that's all I can say

I say that because that's what I thought after last weekend. I thought that starting tonight we would tail off. Just to be clear, my expectations didn't take a giant nose dive.

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty much textbook under "how to take a charge and draw the offensive foul"...fully set and feet did not move an inch, body leaning back.

They indicated he was in the circle on the original call replay showed his heel  may have been grazing the line. Either way, it’s uncanny how refs can put their awful spin on a great come back and a well played game by both teams. You don’t make that call with 3 seconds left. You just don’t. Refs wanted to decide this one and did. You can not convince me otherwise that the SEC has a gigantic issue with officiating and tonight was a prime example. 

Players should decide games. These refs are too poor and too proud to allow that to happen and they will face no repercussions for their actions. 

Just now, AUwent said:

I say that because that's what I thought after last weekend.

Hard for me to see how you so quickly write off a team that basically still holds a 2 game lead in the SEC(1game and tie breaker over UT)

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I say that because that's what I thought after last weekend. I thought that starting tonight we would tail off. Just to be clear, my expectations didn't take a giant nose dive.

We will see you next year then.

War Eagle!

I was really worried going into this game. But after seeing our fight w/o Bryce, my only concern is keeping him healthy the rest of the year. Even with their obvious size advantage and being down 17, we still should have won this game.

I truly think we can win the rest of our games with BB in the lineup. Bryce would have torched that zone in the 2nd half and we would have pulled away from A&M. 

Archived