What a team!!!

bg5

I am so impressed with this team. I had told my son's that I wasn't sure what would happen to this team after McLemore got hurt. I thought that they might become a 3 seed by the time the season was over but they proved me wrong. We started watching the game last night about 10 minutes in and I thought well this is great we have a 5 point lead I guess they are going to be able to hang in there as long as everyone else stays healthy. About 5 minutes later I realized that they were hanging with a very good Alabama team not only without McLemore but also without Heron and only had 7 scholarship players available. At that point I thought maybe we could stay with Bama the first half but surely we would run out of gas in the second half. So to win by 19 is so impressive. It has been so many years (if ever) since we have been able to have this much fun watching Auburn basketball. Coach Pearl is doing an outstanding job which is contagious and will spread to other parts of the athletic program. Bright day's ahead!!!!   

These guys are talented, they play hard, and they love each other. No wonder they just keep going. I love to see Wiley on the bench just as pumped as everyone else. Its obvious the chemistry with the entire team is top notch.

When talent meets a blue collar effort=impressive wins   That's where we are right now and it is so fun to watch. I have seen more AU basketball games this year than I have in all the other years combine. That is both embarrassing on my end but also a praise for how well this team is playing. War Eagle!

8 hours ago, bg5 said:

At that point I thought maybe we could stay with Bama the first half but surely we would run out of gas in the second half

exactly my feelings,also.....still on cloud 9

10 hours ago, bg5 said:

I am so impressed with this team. I had told my son's that I wasn't sure what would happen to this team after McLemore got hurt. I thought that they might become a 3 seed by the time the season was over but they proved me wrong. We started watching the game last night about 10 minutes in and I thought well this is great we have a 5 point lead I guess they are going to be able to hang in there as long as everyone else stays healthy. About 5 minutes later I realized that they were hanging with a very good Alabama team not only without McLemore but also without Heron and only had 7 scholarship players available. At that point I thought maybe we could stay with Bama the first half but surely we would run out of gas in the second half. So to win by 19 is so impressive. It has been so many years (if ever) since we have been able to have this much fun watching Auburn basketball. Coach Pearl is doing an outstanding job which is contagious and will spread to other parts of the athletic program. Bright day's ahead!!!!   

I agree with most of this. I wrote us off a couple times. Thinking “ok we had a nice run but reality “ they keep clawing. 

Still think a 3 seed is possible more so than a one anyway. But at this point nothing would disappoint me. I think we’ll hang on for regular season championship though. 

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:34 PM, alexava said:

I agree with most of this. I wrote us off a couple times. Thinking “ok we had a nice run but reality “ they keep clawing. 

Still think a 3 seed is possible more so than a one anyway. But at this point nothing would disappoint me. I think we’ll hang on for regular season championship though. 

Agreed I think  a two seed is most likely now.

Archived