Bracket re-set

AU64

Well now that we are down to 18 and folks like me have lost half of their final 4, do we have some thoughts on the prospects for the games that get under way in a few hours tonight? 

Loyola vs Nevada

Mich vs  Tex A and M.

Kansas State vs Kentucky.

Florida State vs Gonzaga

So...who advances ?

I’m actually pulling for a and m. Heard many pundits think they may have hit their stride. Hope Kentucky crashes and burns.  I was ambivalent about them but Barbee being there changes my mindset.

Texas A and M being destroyed my Michigan......down 21 points with 5 minutes in the first half....that game looks really familiar... 

12 hours ago, murpjf88 said:

SEC conference was flat out overrated.

I don't know about that. The memo all year long was that the SEC had a bunch of good teams but no great teams and i think they has played out. We had a couple of sweet 16 showings and it took a lucky bounce to take out Tennessee. AU flaming out certainly didn't help though.....

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

I don't know about that. The memo all year long was that the SEC had a bunch of good teams but no great teams and i think they has played out. We had a couple of sweet 16 showings and it took a lucky bounce to take out Tennessee. AU flaming out certainly didn't help though.....

Turned out about that way didn't it..

If it were not for Loyola and Nevada and a couple others I would say that the SEC teams advanced about as far as could be expected and none exceeded expectations.

JMO but the big flops were Tennessee and AU but as bad perhaps were the close wins over much lower seeded teams....and the beatings several SEC teams took on the way out of the tournament.   TAMU did not look like the team that hammered UNC and  UK looks like they were seeded about right as were the other SEC teams.  

Wondering how many guys will go to the NBA after the season and what impact it will have on the strength of the conference and the teams that lose them?   As discussed elsewhere, there is every reason to think that AU will be much better team next season. 

2 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

I dont think we were at all. We just didnt come to play yesterday. Felt like watching Auburn again.

Sucks that we have to wonder what it could have been if our star big man wasn't on the sidelines with an injury, or if our two biggest names hadn't gotten messed up in the selfishness of others.

Archived