Men vs. Mississippi State - game thread

WarTiger

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Seems like it's getting to be a habit for us calling for the next season sport before the current one is done. 

Yep, Im really not trying to jinx baseball or softball

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

It was a TWO point game at the half dude.  MSU hit TEN three's in the first half.  Clearly you aren't watching the Auburn game.

Explain to me once again how terrific Auburn is paying tonight -- DUDE. Yes, I am watching the Auburn game.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, Im really not trying to jinx baseball or softball

softball is done man. We will make the tourney but the days of making the women college world series and being elite was gone the day the myers son saga came out in the media.

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

Doughtry hasn't played worth a crap in conference play. He showed some promise at beginning of year

If he'd just just take the wide open 3's he'd be fine, but he seems timid.

Just now, Tiger Scout said:

Doughtry hasn't played worth a crap in conference play. He showed some promise at beginning of year

Him dribbling off his foot and then immediately fouling for +2 was sickening. Turning point of the game. 

14 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

It's time Bruce takes some heat for this S&%$show.

Hell no. He's the reason this program is relevant again. The fact an AU fan would want him to take the heat for a 16th ranked AU basketball team on a 3 game skid speaks for the job he's done. 

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Like Im willing to flip the spiel that "they just need to keep winning at home and win enough on the road" on its head...this team is going to be hard pressed to win anywhere against any competent team 

I don't think we should even be discussing severely reprimanding BP, but it really is inexcusable some of the gaping flaws this team has had against nobodies, much less MSU or UK. Needing 10+ pt come backs just to make the game close in the end is a sign of something 

That is exactly how good programs (which we are now) make the tourney year in year out sandwiched in between the special years. Auburn fans will begin to realize this as they watch more and more basketball and get more well versed with the sport. It is clear this team does not have IT that last years team did. It will not be special. We will not win a title but if we do just that we will make the tourney as a 6 or 7 seed and bow out in the second round. 

58 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

We must be watching different games.  Auburn shot over 50% from the floor in the first half and are 14-14 from the free throw line.  Not sure how that even remotely qualified as crappying their pants.  :dunno:

Actually, I was watching the same game.

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Seems like it's getting to be a habit for us calling for the next season sport before the current one is done. 

I am guilty as charged. I was also calling for bball season last year in October. Oh well, War Damn Eagle anyway. Good night my friends.

Archived