Men vs. Mississippi State - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tigers23 said:

It's time Bruce takes some heat for this S&%$show.

Not a chance. AU will not find a better coach. This talk needs to stop now. Yes, it’s on him that this team is soft as a Krispy Kreme donut right off the line, but it was be a monumental mistake to start putting “heat” on Bruce. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

If we can’t play away from home tho. Things really don’t matter. If this team goes to the tourney, they are a second round exit 

As long as we get at least 1 tourney win every year I am happy. This reminds me of the season after the 99 title team. They had a season like this. Still got 1 win in the tourney over kyle korver and creighton.

Harper fouled and will shoot 1 and 1.   FT no good, offensive rebound okeke blocked no foul called and we go the other way.  88-75

Wow this bb season is eerily going the way of the '18 football season. So much promise, but no delivery on game day. Disappointing to say the least. Maybe we can win at home next time up. Bring on baseball!

I've only followed non football Auburn athletics for about 4 years now or so, but I'd have to imagine when this team fails to make the tournament, it'd have to be the most bewildering failure for any Auburn department in quite a while

I absolve the football team often because you cant expect them to be good two years in a row, but the rest of the university doesnt have to abide by that trend 

To anyone that is watching this game and the last several weeks and thinks that we're going to be okay when we get to play at home is lying to themselves. Going home isn't going to make our defense better.

No discipline, which leads to frustration on the court.  Need to change how we coach this team.  Need discipline, and better structure.  A small example of structer is the pick and roll.  When we do it we are successful.  But instead we choose to have 4 players sitting on the arc passing it around until one person just shoots it.  Easy to defend us.  

Brown to the basket  and he's fouled after the spencer block on the other end.   FT good.  2nd good.   90-82

3 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Wow this bb season is eerily going the way of the '18 football season. So much promise, but no delivery on game day. Disappointing to say the least. Maybe we can win at home next time up. Bring on baseball!

Auburn’s football team never gave up, and there are times Auburn’s basketball team gives up after getting frustrated. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

No discipline, which leads to frustration on the court.  Need to change how we coach this team.  Need discipline, and better structure.  A small example of structer is the pick and roll.  When we do it we are successful.  But instead we choose to have 4 players sitting on the arc passing it around until one person just shoots it.  Easy to defend us.  

We just look lazy. Dunno if it’s discipline or what. We look slow and bored. 

1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Wow this bb season is eerily going the way of the '18 football season. So much promise, but no delivery on game day. Disappointing to say the least. Maybe we can with at home next time up. Bring on baseball!

Seems like it's getting to be a habit for us calling for the next season sport before the current one is done. 

Like Im willing to flip the spiel that "they just need to keep winning at home and win enough on the road" on its head...this team is going to be hard pressed to win anywhere against any competent team 

I don't think we should even be discussing severely reprimanding BP, but it really is inexcusable some of the gaping flaws this team has had against nobodies, much less MSU or UK. Needing 10+ pt come backs just to make the game close in the end is a sign of something 

Archived