Baseball vs South Carolina Game 3

OK...game sneaked up on me....great to tune in and see that the bats have shown up.  

Just a comment unrelated...but Howell has been terrific in CF this year...several great catches this year.....gonna be a big factor in the team's success IMO.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fitts again gets the first two, then walks the third.  Berryhill follows with a single, but Fitts gets the big bomber Olson to fly out to center with runners on first and second.  Going to T5 with Auburn still leading 7-3.  I hope we can keep Cody off the mound until at least the eighth.....

Woley leads off the 5 with sharp single to right, but Williams and Davis follow with strike outs and Holland lines out on a great catch by the USC center fielder.  Strike zone has expanded to about 30".  Williams has no chance on the ball a foot outside.  I guess the HPU believes if Berryill doesn't have to move the mitt it must be a strike....

nice DP....earlier in the year we did not have many but the infield combination looking pretty tough now and getting pitchers out of trouble on a regular basis. . 

Wow, I was afraid Fitts was going to get jobbed there.  Crossed up Scheffler and the mishandled fastball that should have clearly been called strike three was not.  Came back with a beautiful change up to induce the double play.  Good mental toughness there.

I love the way Fitts challenges hitters. Throws his stuff, and lets the defense work. Him and Fuller are going to be big for us this year. Skipper and Wade have bright futures too. 

Horn has gopher ball problems...misses his spots over the middle of the plate...

1-2-3 for Auburn in the top of the 9th.

I'd be willing to bet Carolina pitchers have thrown over 300 off speed pitches combined in these three games.  They simply don't have any power arms.

Archived