AU players & Signees in 2019 MLB Draft

I think he will be back.  Was kind of payback tonight when Louisville came back to beat MSU. Almost a replicate of what happened to us against MSU.  I was pulling for Louisville to give MSU at taste of their own medicine.

I think Vandy will be the team to win it all though.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Someone who knows nothing much about social media in this millennium.....😉

That's true...the guy has been dead quite a while...P T Barnum......and I think the statement included "as long as they spell your name right:.   

But he also said...., "there is a sucker born every minute".   .which is confirmed by the number of people who believe or trust what they get on social media and maybe these days the birthrate of suckers is more frequent......either way, not much has changed about human nature from his era to ours. :dunno: 

Ole PT was a  man ahead of his time and knew that even bad publicity was better than no publicity at all.   JMO but only AU people remember bad pub about AU...well, AU people and bammers.....most of the rest don't care one way or the other..... but many AU people seem to just hang on to every injustice or supposed injustice forever. . .

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

That's true...the guy has been dead quite a while...P T Barnum......and I think the statement included "as long as they spell your name right:.   

But he also said...., "there is a sucker born every minute".   .which is confirmed by the number of people who believe or trust what they get on social media and maybe these days the birthrate of suckers is more frequent......either way, not much has changed about human nature from his era to ours. :dunno: 

Ole PT was a  man ahead of his time and knew that even bad publicity was better than no publicity at all.   JMO but only AU people remember bad pub about AU...well, AU people and bammers.....most of the rest don't care one way or the other..... but many AU people seem to just hang on to every injustice or supposed injustice forever. . .

When I agree with you, I *really* agree with you.

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Henderson is taking the professional contract, rumored to be at $2.3MM signing bonus. 

Never really thought this was a possibilty, but was secretly hoping I was wrong. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Never really thought this was a possibilty, but was secretly hoping I was wrong. 

Yep good for him can't blame the kid or parents

13 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Jack Owen to Return as well.

Most people, including Butch are saying 50/50 or slight lean to returning but Jason Caldwell said last week he was returning like it was a done deal. Thought it interesting.

56 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Can't argue at all when the bonus is 2+ mil. Good luck to him...

Auburn SS Will Holland reportedly signs with Twins at above slot value

Updated 6:53 AM; Today 6:53 AM

2 minutes

Auburn Tigers Sports

Vasha Hunt

Auburn infielder Will Holland (17) watches from the dugout after a frustrating LSU comeback in the bottom of the ninth eliminated Auburn during the LSU vs Auburn third-round elimination game at the SEC Baseball Tournament, Thursday, May 23, 2019, at the Hoover Met in Hoover, Ala. Photo by Vasha Hunt

By Sam Blum | SBlum@al.com

Former Auburn shortstop Will Holland is officially a professional baseball player. He reportedly signed with the Minnesota Twins, per MLB.com, for a $575,000 signing bonus.

That is well above the slotted value of $360,800 for the 149th overall pick. Holland had been projected to sign, and confirmed that with AL.com after the season ended in Omaha last week.

Holland was a projected first-round pick entering the 2019 season, before a disastrous and extended slump derailed those plans. Entering play on May 4, Holland was hitting just .201.

He finished the year hitting .246 with nine home runs and 35 RBIs, finding his bat over the final month of the season. He is known as a plus defender, with good speed and base-running ability.

Holland batted .313 with 12 homers and 52 RBIs a year ago, in his sophomore campaign. His slugging percentage dipped from .530 to .401 over the last year, and he hit just nine doubles this year compared to 18 last season.

Holland, a junior, is one of three players likely to sign. Reliever Elliott Anderson confirmed he would sign with the Royals after getting taken in the 23rd round. Starting pitcher Davis Daniel is expected to sign with the Angels after being taken in the seventh round.

Archived