5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Sounds like the info on dad liking Auburn may be true as more and more people are picking Auburn to win Greg Brown.

If he plans on being one and done, winning seems more important than perhaps personally liking a coach slightly more (or longer) than another coach you still like and respect— but why do you think we might be slipping with JG?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So the 2 and now 3 guys (after we found the athletic memphis reporter) who have been saying JG to Memphis have felt this way strongly for years and have said he was always going to Memphis. They must know the key part of the puzzle we are missing. 

Not sure if sarcasm or serious but they may also think they know something but they don't.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I hate this last minute crystal ball love Memphis is getting.

What crystal ball love? 1 national guy has flipped his pick to Memphis. Most of the Memphis reporters are just sticking to their longtime guns. 1 Memphis reporter picks AU FWIW. AU still holds the lead on the picks.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

What could've changed?

Nothing that we know of yet.

Gotta love the pre-melts & pre-semimemlts.

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

why do you think we might be slipping with JG?

I don't know that we are. Most of the Memphis people sticking to their guns just has me more cautious.

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just picked up a Rivals FutureCast from UGA contributor Seth Rainey for Jalen to AU...

Which is meaningless unfortunately.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

We are the absolute best at finishing second for top prospects!!!   Been that way in football for a long time, now it appears we are doing so in basketball as well.  😰🤦‍♂️

It didn't happen with Sharife.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if sarcasm or serious but they may also think they know something but they don't.

It's HOW confident they are that has me and others worried. There isn't anyone out there yet who publicly thinks JG is going to AU that has been that outlandish in their confidence. 

I don't know that we are. Most of the Memphis people sticking to their guns just has me more cautious.

In the current state of affairs, about the only thing I’m looking forward to in April is basketball recruiting— hope to not be disappointed.

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's HOW confident they are that has me and others worried. There isn't anyone out there yet who publicly thinks JG is going to AU that has been that outlandish in their confidence. 

That’s also not the auburn style but many auburn sources are just as confident, they’re just not smug about it.

That’s also not the auburn style but many auburn sources are just as confident, they’re just not smug about it.

Yep, regardless of how this all plays out, This will be me to anyone related to Memphis or their “smugness” when this is all over

7A8E3760-8748-43E9-9F5D-EAE054BE205C.gif

23 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep, regardless of how this all plays out, This will be me to anyone related to Memphis or their “smugness” when this is all over

7A8E3760-8748-43E9-9F5D-EAE054BE205C.gif

I'd go with the GOAT...

giphy.gif

Rivals Memphis dude flipped him future cast from AU to Memphis.

I'd go with the GOAT...

giphy.gif

Considering I can’t kick like Bruce Lee, I figured it was more appropriate 😂

• ellitor changed the title to ***2020 5* SG Jalen Green (Commit Watch: 4/17, 3 PM CT)***
5 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Could he be hearing something, or is that likely just conjecture?

He works for the Memphis Rivals site. Likely means he's hearing something.

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I just find it crazy that any big time recruit after the wiseman dilemma would want to go to Memphis right now.

Just from what I have read from the crazy confident Memphis crew here and there is he has been considered a big time Memphis lean since Mike Miller was hired and that's where all their extreme confidence comes from.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just from what I have read from the crazy confident Memphis crew here and there is he has been considered a big time Memphis lean since Mike Miller was hired and that's where all their extreme confidence comes from.

Here’s to hoping JG squashes that “confidence”

Just now, ellitor said:

He works for the Memphis Rivals site. Likely means he's hearing something.

Ouch.  Wow, after all this I'd be shocked if he went Memphis.  I mean what are the pros and cons: Auburn's home-court atmosphere; campus environment; Bruce's passion; Bruce's ability to coach guys up and make them better (i.e. Okoro, Wiley, etc.); Shariffe; and possibly Greg Brown---pros.  Distance---con.

Memphis's arena, coach's playing reputation, school's past basketball success-pros.  Distance, current state of program, uncertainty surrounding assistant coaches,  conference affiliation---cons.

I don't know, the scales seem to tip in our favor.

4 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Ouch.  Wow, after all this I'd be shocked if he went Memphis.  I mean what are the pros and cons: Auburn's home-court atmosphere; campus environment; Bruce's passion; Bruce's ability to coach guys up and make them better (i.e. Okoro, Wiley, etc.); Shariffe; and possibly Greg Brown---pros.  Distance---con.

Memphis's arena, coach's playing reputation, school's past basketball success-pros.  Distance, current state of program, uncertainty surrounding assistant coaches,  conference affiliation---cons.

Kids don't view it logically or rationally. Crutin is a illogical game. You got to get the kid to buy whatever you are selling even when it doesn't make sense to do so. Plus he will only be at a school for maybe 6 months depending on when campuses open back up so stuff like that matters even less to the true locked in one and done kids who are guaranteed to be top 5/10 draft picks.

7 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Apparently Mike Miller might be the trump card as GWill alluded to above. Basketball recruiting, just like football recruiting, is heavily impacted by relationships.

Archived