5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

Just now, ellitor said:

He works for the Memphis Rivals site. Likely means he's hearing something.

Seems to me like that would be them all getting info from the same source. That not usually the case?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Ouch.  Wow, after all this I'd be shocked if he went Memphis.  I mean what are the pros and cons: Auburn's home-court atmosphere; campus environment; Bruce's passion; Bruce's ability to coach guys up and make them better (i.e. Okoro, Wiley, etc.); Shariffe; and possibly Greg Brown---pros.  Distance---con.

Memphis's arena, coach's playing reputation, school's past basketball success-pros.  Distance, current state of program, uncertainty surrounding assistant coaches,  conference affiliation---cons.

I don't know, the scales seem to tip in our favor.

Memphis isn't considered a flash in the pan program, like Auburn, either.  They have a history.  Auburn really doesn't...yet.

12 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Seems to me like that would be them all getting info from the same source. That not usually the case?

No. Different reporters from different companies reporting on the same team sometimes have the same sources but often times have different sources. Even reporters on the same site covering the same team sometimes have different sources.

With all this negative energy, me playing 2K right now with the most dominant squad in basketball. Cooper, Green, Jaylin, GB, and Kuminga 😔

E26A0203-A44A-4F77-96F7-D0E2CA5DB333.gif

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Memphis isn't considered a flash in the pan program, like Auburn, either.  They have a history.  Auburn really doesn't...yet.

I’m not sure why a one and done lottery pick would really care about that though. What’s going on with this program is smokin hot right now and I wouldn’t think he’s looking at the usual long term school priorities that normal recruits do. We’ve got the superior program right now and I’d like to think that will play a role in it. 

6 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m not sure why a one and done lottery pick would really care about that though. What’s going on with this program is smokin hot right now and I wouldn’t think he’s looking at the usual long term school priorities that normal recruits do. We’ve got the superior program right now and I’d like to think that will play a role in it. 

Memphis fans were pretty anti penny about a month or so ago. That penny didn’t know how to make “winning teams”. U won’t find that here

Check out Auburn Hoops Fan Account (@aubawn) on Twitter. Sharife is hanging out with Isaac currently... Jalen called Sharife and asked if he’d be there for his announcement...

11 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Check out Auburn Hoops Fan Account (@aubawn) on Twitter. Sharife is hanging out with Isaac currently... Jalen called Sharife and asked if he’d be there for his announcement...

Me, when I read that tweet 

035AE67D-B8EC-47D3-A7ED-5E9430192D30.jpeg

0CED36D6-82E5-400F-8ABA-D040819A6225.jpeg

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I got you covered fam. Muhhhh brodie. 

I went fly fishing for one day, ONE DAY and I am FIVE PAGES BEHIND?!?!?!?!  

Hey look, I think the chance he goes plays developmental league or Euro is not happening - why have a commit date and time?  So I presume it is Auburn, a program on the rise, or a program that is slumping in Memphis.  

If you are one and done, this really is a no brainer.   

Are we over analyzing here?  Is Jalen just having fun with reporters?  I think so.

If Pearl hadn't developed anyone, I would be concerned.  NOT the case.

The Brown riddle is probably Texas, as E has pointed out to me 2-3 times, for a couple of reasons.

Thor and Green, that is how this goes down.

I dont really see how you depict Memphis as slumping right now but 

As far as that Ramone fella...I wouldn't necessarily call him a liar bc I dont know what took place in this live. Its not there anymore. But Ive seen this guy around the auburn twitter lane for a while now and he loves the attn. Like REALLY loves the attn, when it comes to predictions. I've seen him throw around sources or notions that weren't founded by anything. I think he works a very ambiguous angle, shoots out alot of predictions at once, and is real chummy with some of the more notable prediction profiles. It gives him rep that I dont think he has. He also hedges his bets on multiple targets (did it with the kid that went to Rutgers a day before) when it gets closer to crunch time

NONE of this is to say he's lying about what was said in that live, but just know the character you're dealing with

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

in fact I do believe Sharife was asked that by JG, I just don't particularly trust the guy who relayed the msg 

It is not just that dude saying that. A lot of people saw it. He had thousands of people watching that live. 

52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont really see how you depict Memphis as slumping right now but 

As far as that Ramone fella...I wouldn't necessarily call him a liar bc I dont know what took place in this live. Its not there anymore. But Ive seen this guy around the auburn twitter lane for a while now and he loves the attn. Like REALLY loves the attn, when it comes to predictions. I've seen him throw around sources or notions that weren't founded by anything. I think he works a very ambiguous angle, shoots out alot of predictions at once, and is real chummy with some of the more notable prediction profiles. It gives him rep that I dont think he has. He also hedges his bets on multiple targets (did it with the kid that went to Rutgers a day before) when it gets closer to crunch time

NONE of this is to say he's lying about what was said in that live, but just know the character you're dealing with

He’s a little attention-focused, yes but Sharife did have Jalen on tonight

PRETTY SURE that Pickens had Pappoe at his signing ceremony.

Just because someone wants a friend there doesnt quite mean what some of you think it means...

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Just because someone wants a friend there doesnt quite mean what some of you think it means...

I do not recall OP at Pickens ceremony But I def remember Alan Evans son def had Stephen Roberts at his signing day ceremony. I mean IF IF IF the players who are committing actually asked Auburn signees and commits to come to these things it def puts a vibe out there you think it will be good news for AU. Hell I remember AJ McCarron was at Rent's big announcement way back in the day now and he ended up with the Gumps. But yah it does not mean OMGSH HE IS COMING! YES HURRAY! HE IS A LOCK! But hey just something to give us hope when memphis has been trending some the last couple of days.

Point being you see why us AU fans would be excited at this news. We are trying to cling on to any and every positive thing we can. Friday seems FOREVER AWAY. This is the most important Auburn recruitment EVER in Auburn basketball history to put it lightly. 1 recruit does not make or break a class in football. In basketball? It def can because a player like JG can take us from a ordinary Ncaa Tourney team to a Final 4 contender in a instant with a backcourt of Coop and JG.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

He’s a little attention-focused, yes but Sharife did have Jalen on tonight

I wasnt doubting Sharife having Jalen on, I was commenting on that quote. Jalen being on Sharife's IG Live wouldn't have any relevancy without the quote, I would've just liked to have someone else (anyone else) be the one to report it 

I'm definitely lessening in my beliefs that JG comes here, but with just as much late money coming in that he goes overseas as "Memphis bound!!", it tells me none of these experts has a grasp on where he's at. I'll take 33%

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Nope

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I do not recall OP at Pickens ceremony But I def remember Alan Evans son def had Stephen Roberts at his signing day ceremony. I mean IF IF IF the players who are committing actually asked Auburn signees and commits to come to these things it def puts a vibe out there you think it will be good news for AU. Hell I remember AJ McCarron was at Rent's big announcement way back in the day now and he ended up with the Gumps. But yah it does not mean OMGSH HE IS COMING! YES HURRAY! HE IS A LOCK! But hey just something to give us hope when memphis has been trending some the last couple of days.

I know you already know this but the Evans and Pickens situations were different. The Evans announcement happened at Auburn high school in front of the entire school. Roberts just had to make a short drive from Opelika to be there. Pickens announcement was held at a non-disclosed location only known by his mother and himself away from the rest of the Hoover team. On Green if we’re talking about Cooper being there in person for his announcement he would have to go from Georgia all the way to California. If that indeed does happen I don’t see how it would not be a good sign. That’s not an easy trip to make.

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I'm definitely lessening in my beliefs that JG comes here, but with just as much late money coming in that he goes overseas as "Memphis bound!!", it tells me none of these experts has a grasp on where he's at. I'll take 33%

Where have you seen anything on him going overseas? I haven’t heard that in a while.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Point being you see why us AU fans would be excited at this news. We are trying to cling on to any and every positive thing we can. Friday seems FOREVER AWAY. This is the most important Auburn recruitment EVER in Auburn basketball history to put it lightly. 1 recruit does not make or break a class in football. In basketball? It def can because a player like JG can take us from a ordinary Ncaa Tourney team to a Final 4 contender in a instant with a backcourt of Coop and JG.

Here is just a quick verification of Pappoe at Pickens signing ceremony

I DO understand why Auburn fans are super excited about the possibility of Green signing to go along with Cooper... But I learned a cold hard lesson in February of 2019... Which was...

Just because an ultra talented prospect (Green) wants a current signee (Cooper) at their signing ceremony DOES NOT mean that prospect will sign with us... We have seen this page played out before when the ultra talented prospect was Pickens who had current signee Pappoe at his signing ceremony.

Lord knows I hope we sign Green, Thor, AND the kid from Texas. Could you imagine? But until we have the basketball history equivalent to that of a Memphis, we will ALWAYS be the underdog for these ELITE prospects.

35 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Here is just a quick verification of Pappoe at Pickens signing ceremony

I DO understand why Auburn fans are super excited about the possibility of Green signing to go along with Cooper... But I learned a cold hard lesson in February of 2019... Which was...

Just because an ultra talented prospect (Green) wants a current signee (Cooper) at their signing ceremony DOES NOT mean that prospect will sign with us... We have seen this page played out before when the ultra talented prospect was Pickens who had current signee Pappoe at his signing ceremony.

Lord knows I hope we sign Green, Thor, AND the kid from Texas. Could you imagine? But until we have the basketball history equivalent to that of a Memphis, we will ALWAYS be the underdog for these ELITE prospects.

Got to find another source for verification. Pretty sure Steele is wrong in his post. I would have remembered Pappoe being there.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I know you already know this but the Evans and Pickens situations were different. The Evans announcement happened at Auburn high school in front of the entire school. Roberts just had to make a short drive from Opelika to be there. Pickens announcement was held at a non-disclosed location only known by his mother and himself away from the rest of the Hoover team. On Green if we’re talking about Cooper being there in person for his announcement he would have to go from Georgia all the way to California. If that indeed does happen I don’t see how it would not be a good sign. That’s not an easy trip to make.

Lol no E. JG asked coop to be on his IG live and watching when he announces Friday on there. Not actually be there in person. 

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol no E. JG asked coop to be on his IG live and watching when he announces Friday on there. Not actually be there in person. 

Thanks for clarifying for us instagram illiterates.IG is so confusing without IG stallwarts making it simple for us common folk. #NoSarcasm

Archived