Oregon and Tulane since AU

AU-24

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I just wanna put this out there. I don’t believe Auburn is a bad football team because of the loss at Florida. I don’t believe Auburn is a bad football team at all. I think Auburn is about what a lot of folks thought they would be. A 9-3 to 8-4 team who is capable of pulling an upset over one of our big three rivals. 

Some want to accuse those of us who are critical of Gus of saying the team is bad. Not at all. This is a good football team.

But, when, after year seven, do we take another step? After seven years, do we move into 9-3 and 10-2 becoming more the norm and start turning around our recent problems with LSU, UGA AND UAT? 

Watching the guy who “created” his own offense continue to struggle in figuring out said offense is what is disappointing. Watching some of the same struggles with personnel and packages and play calling is what’s disappointing about the loss to Florida. It doesn’t bode well for the three remaining tough games. There’s no meltdown, its just we’ve all seen this movie before...

And I’ve already seen a few on here and Twitter suddenly assuming UGA is a win for us? You can’t judge that based on one bad game by the dawgs considering much worse uga teams have beaten us recently when we thought we were the better team. I assume nothing in those three games. I only assume we’ll beat the brakes off Arky and Ole Sis.

This is the wrong thread for this discussion tbh. I think the bigger point of this thread is perspective as a whole. We are playing a lot of quality teams in our conference and out of conference. There is no us against them. This needs to stop. A selected few who want to make it that way. I am just ready to discuss auburn football currently. I am also tired of all the arguing and semantics about Gus, but there are threads for that and I do my best to avoid them. I am not calling you out, I am just saying slowly this thread is going down that path. Trust us , most of us know why some of you guys are cautiously watching . Do we really need to go down that path again for the sake of the OPs point?

And I know people are going to start saying “day, you are telling people what to say.” No , I am not . I am only cautioning the content that typically leads to those personal battles. And when those personal battles happen, people get offended , they want to put people on ignore, etc on both sides. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is the wrong thread for this discussion tbh. I think the bigger point of this thread is perspective as a whole. We are playing a lot of quality teams in our conference and out of conference. There is no us against them. This needs to stop. A selected few who want to make it that way. I am just ready to discuss auburn football currently. I am also tired of all the arguing and semantics about Gus, but there are threads for that and I do my best to avoid them. I am not calling you out, I am just saying slowly this thread is going down that path. Trust us , most of us know why some of you guys are cautiously watching . Do we really need to go down that path again for the sake of the OPs point?

ok man, then put me on ignore. 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

And I was simply following up on what you and eagle were already discussing so not sure how its fine for you but not me. Have a great day dag

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

ok man, then put me on ignore. 

See what I mean. Why I would I put you on ignore? I am just saying don’t get upset when people come at you for the content you posted. We know while you are cautiously watching Gus . You have said it several times over lol. We UNDERSTAND. We GET it. But this thread is a discussion about the teams opponent as a whole .

Just now, DAG said:

See what I mean. Why I would I put you on ignore? I am just saying don’t get upset when people come at you for the content you posted. We know while you are cautiously watching Gus . You have said it several times over lol. We UNDERSTAND. We GET it. But this thread is a discussion about the teams opponent as a whole .

aight

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

And I was simply following up on what you and eagle were already discussing so not sure how its fine for you but not me. Have a great day dag

You are not listening . You can post whatever you like. My response was essentially the same to eagle as it is to you . But I am also saying do not get mad, or say put me on ignore if people respond to you in a certain way. There are tons of thread talking about Gus and his tendencies. I don’t think that was the OPs point when making this thread. 

Ok, to saty on topic and not get scold d by my dad...I  believe Tulane  sucks. I believe it’s ridiculous that some AU people want to build them up to make themselves feel better. I believe Oregon is a solid football team but. they wouldn’t beat bama, lsu, ohio st or oklahoma so why do we care?  Texas A&M is VASTLY overrated and Kyle Field is probably one of the Least intimidating places to play in the SEC and Miss St....bahahahahahahaha...so I believe the first time we ran into a defensive coordinator with the athletes and the knowledge of Gus’s offense and on the road where its actually loud...we got Gussed....again...so there, I stayed on topic...our schedule...hope this one is approved by the police mob here.

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Ok, to saty on topic and not get scold d by my dad...I  believe Tulane  sucks. I believe it’s ridiculous that some AU people want to build them up to make themselves feel better. I believe Oregon is a solid football team but. they wouldn’t beat bama, lsu, ohio st or oklahoma so why do we care?  Texas A&M is VASTLY overrated and Kyle Field is probably one of the Least intimidating places to play in the SEC and Miss St....bahahahahahahaha...so I believe the first time we ran into a defensive coordinator with the athletes and the knowledge of Gus’s offense and on the road where its actually loud...we got Gussed....again...so there, I stayed on topic...our schedule...hope this one is approved by the police mob here.

Tulane sucks but they are 5-1? How does that work. 

Oregon is a top 15 team, potentially could win the PAC 12 championship, but we shouldn’t care because in your opinion they wouldn’t beat LSU, Bama, etc, so now they don’t matter? 

Texas A&M loss to three top 15 teams. Two of them leading their conference. Before we played them many of our fans said it would be a dog fight. Now, they are overrated. 

So the only game that you really take superior consideration in is UF. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Tulane sucks but they are 5-1? How does that work. 

Oregon is a top 15 team, potentially could win the PAC 12 championship, but we shouldn’t care because in your opinion they wouldn’t beat LSU, Bama, etc, so now they don’t matter? 

Texas A&M loss to three top 15 teams. Two of them leading their conference. Before we played them many of our fans said it would be a dog fight. Now, they are overrated. 

So the only game that you really take superior consideration in is UF. 

aight

Teams are Never As Good As we try to make them out to be and never is bad. It's as simple as that. We are somewhere in between the Miss State game level of Awesome and Florida game level terrible depending on how we execute

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No debating response ? You are getting offended for no reason. 

What good would a response do with you? I have a response.  But its not worth it, Im gonna find another thread. I’ll send you my posts in pm first for your approval before I post them.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

What good would a response do with you? I have a response.  But its not worth it, Im gonna find another thread. I’ll send you my posts in pm first for your approval before I post them.

You go do that. And you can PM me , I am fine with that as well. I don’t understand why you are so upset right now. 

What we can all agree on- Mississippi State is terrible. Garbage. Our win verse them means little now.

Our win verse aTm is getting less and less impressive by the week to me. It does show how good our defense is (more like Clemson level good and less like Bama level mediocre).

The loss to Florida looks better by the showing verse LSU, but still stings because #Gus, and the struggle to win verse Tulane looks justified.

I still don't know how we beat Oregon. Resiliency, heart, and chemistry- which, to be fair, are signs of a championship team (when put in positions by coaches to do well).

24 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

What we can all agree on- Mississippi State is terrible. Garbage. Our win verse them means little now.

Our win verse aTm is getting less and less impressive by the week to me. It does show how good our defense is (more like Clemson level good and less like Bama level mediocre).

The loss to Florida looks better by the showing verse LSU, but still stings because #Gus, and the struggle to win verse Tulane looks justified.

I still don't know how we beat Oregon. Resiliency, heart, and chemistry- which, to be fair, are signs of a championship team (when put in positions by coaches to do well).

This is well said. I used hyperbole in regards to Tulane by saying they “suck” . My point is Auburn should really never worry about a Tulane or justify a bad performance against them. Like Mercer a couple years ago. Tulane is 5-1...with an AAC schedule...

0FEBFC66-93DE-4EA4-9C2F-0A2D255D35F4.png

9 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

This is well said. I used hyperbole in regards to Tulane by saying they “suck” . My point is Auburn should really never worry about a Tulane or justify a bad performance against them. Like Mercer a couple years ago. Tulane is 5-1...with an AAC schedule...

0FEBFC66-93DE-4EA4-9C2F-0A2D255D35F4.png

This is very true. 

I think Oregon is still the best overall team we’ve played. Their defense is solid and their offense is superb. Florida would be next, followed by A&M. A&M is still a legit top 25 team. I suspect they’ll end the season ranked, somewhere in the 20-25 range. MSU has problems obviously, and Kent state and Tulane are what they are. We’ve still played a tougher schedule than anyone else so far. If we somehow take care of LSU, we’ll know we have maybe the best team of Malzahn’s tenure. But that’s a big IF. 

Gotta run the ball. We can do it against their D. Be physical. We have to eat up the clock. Ball control. Time of Posession. Keep their offense off the field and keep our defense as fresh as possible. Use Gatewood a lot. Find ways to use him on the field at other positions so you don’t have to substitute. Of course I know that probably won’t happen but I can hope.

2 minutes ago, lca408 said:

I think Oregon is still the best overall team we’ve played. Their defense is solid and their offense is superb. Florida would be next, followed by A&M. A&M is still a legit top 25 team. I suspect they’ll end the season ranked, somewhere in the 20-25 range. MSU has problems obviously, and Kent state and Tulane are what they are. We’ve still played a tougher schedule than anyone else so far. If we somehow take care of LSU, we’ll know we have maybe the best team of Malzahn’s tenure. But that’s a big IF. 

Gotta run the ball. We can do it against their D. Be physical. We have to eat up the clock. Ball control. Time of Posession. Keep their offense off the field and keep our defense as fresh as possible. Use Gatewood a lot. Find ways to use him on the field at other positions so you don’t have to substitute. Of course I know that probably won’t happen but I can hope.

LSU offense is nasty but I think our defense will be up for the fight . The issue is the offense. They have to hold up their end. 

Btw LSU jumped to #2 in the AP

poll. We beat Arkansas , we get back in the top ten and wow what a story it will be to upset the #2 team? 

I'm trying to figure out why our SOS is so important right now? It's not like the playoffs are next month. We're only halfway through the season right now. There's still 6 games left to play. Our SOS won't mean anything if we're sitting at 8-4 or 9-3 after the Iron Bowl. Are we trying to make a case for Gus or the team right now?

We beat Washington last year, who won the PAC 12, but we still finished 8-5. SOS doesn't amount to much when you're not in the playoff picture at the end of the season. Oregon and Tulane having good seasons won't mean much if LSU hands us our 2nd loss on Oct. 26. Unless Burrow gets hurt or he turns into Jake Fromm against South Carolina, I don't see how we're coming out of Baton Rogue with a win for the first time in 20 years.

Florida had a decent game plan on offense. They tried to control the clock by having long drives and keeping LSU's offense on the sidelines. But it still didn't matter. Florida won time of possession 38:19 to LSU's 21:41. But LSU still put up 42 points and had 511 yards of offense. The way LSU is playing on offense, I'm not sure any team in the country can beat LSU right now, especially in Baton Rogue. 

23 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm trying to figure out why our SOS is so important right now? It's not like the playoffs are next month. We're only halfway through the season right now. There's still 6 games left to play. Our SOS won't mean anything if we're sitting at 8-4 or 9-3 after the Iron Bowl. Are we trying to make a case for Gus or the team right now?

We beat Washington last year, who won the PAC 12, but we still finished 8-5. SOS doesn't amount to much when you're not in the playoff picture at the end of the season. Oregon and Tulane having good seasons won't mean much if LSU hands us our 2nd loss on Oct. 26. Unless Burrow gets hurt or he turns into Jake Fromm against South Carolina, I don't see how we're coming out of Baton Rogue with a win for the first time in 20 years.

Florida had a decent game plan on offense. They tried to control the clock by having long drives and keeping LSU's offense on the sidelines. But it still didn't matter. Florida won time of possession 38:19 to LSU's 21:41. But LSU still put up 42 points and had 511 yards of offense. The way LSU is playing on offense, I'm not sure any team in the country can beat LSU right now, especially in Baton Rogue. 

Great points. It really doesn’t matter right now. We just need to win. 

SOS might come into play like 2017 where we were trying to get in with two losses but I don’t believe a two loss team is getting in this year anyway.

Archived