Oregon and Tulane since AU

AU-24

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Got some names to go with that big talk? I can provide a list of AUF message board favorites that haven't done as well as Gus at their next jobs. Starting with Petrino and moving forward, I can think of five or six that the disgruntled posters wanted. The latest can't miss favorite was Jeff Brohm, who has his team roaring along at 2-4 right now. So who ya' got?

It's not that damn hard Mikey.  Seriously man, why should Auburn be choosy now when they've haven't done it in the last 50 yrs?  Compare any coaching candidate in today's environment and compare them to the likes of the candidates that were actually HIRED.

Doug Barfield who'd never been a HC 

Pat Dye  from Wyoming

Terry Bowden  from Samford

Tommy Tubs from Ole Miss

Gene Chizik  from Iowa State (5-19 record)

Gus Malzhan  from Arky State (1 yr HC experience)

It's not like Auburn has ever shot for the stars when searching for a head football coach.  They've taken just any old body in the past.😒   

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Love the “row the boat” reference.

The reference always makes think back to this. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve died watching this skit/episode.

4D3BC13C-A97B-46B7-AD5C-712B538378ED.gif

8 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Preach...

Its ridiculous to judge Brohm based on Purdue. Like you said, he’s out talented nearly every game. Give him Auburn’s talent amd recruiting and see what he does. But thats Mikey being Mikey. He’s one of those 8-4 lovers who believes AU can’t do any better. Its kinda like a person stuck in an abusive relationship...they don’t  think they can do any better.  Gus is abusing the hell outta Mikey.

just quit dude. show me where mikey is content with 8 and 4 records? you think it is funny making fun of people that love auburn and now you are basically lying. mickey never said that.....you said that. you are just trying to make yourself look good at someone else's expense. the only person abusing mikey is you making claims on here that are just not true. there is not one single auburn fan i know of that does not want auburn to be the best we can be. the difference is how we get there. period.

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's not that damn hard Mikey.  Seriously man, why should Auburn be choosy now when they've haven't done it in the last 50 yrs?  Compare any coaching candidate in today's environment and compare them to the likes of the candidates that were actually HIRED.

Pat Dye  from Wyoming

Tommy Tubs from Ole Miss

It's not like Auburn has ever shot for the stars when searching for a head football coach.  They've taken just any old body in the past.😒   

Exactly. So my question to these folks is if your boat is sinking and you look out how vast the ocean is are you just going to do nothing because you doubt that it is going to help? For me I’m going to do whatever I can to make I better. We have a leaking boat we either fix it or it will finally sink like Tubby did.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

just quit dude. show me where mikey is content with 8 and 4 records? you think it is funny making fun of people that love auburn and now you are basically lying. mickey never said that.....you said that. you are just trying to make yourself look good at someone else's expense. the only person abusing mikey is you making claims on here that are just not true. there is not one single auburn fan i know of that does not want auburn to be the best we can be. the difference is how we get there. period.

And yet you can't get better than 8-4 with an 8-4 coach.

7 minutes ago, The Freak said:

And yet you can't get better than 8-4 with an 8-4 coach.

that is up to auburn right? they will do what is right when they deem it is the right time to do it. you guys are pouring all your wrath on gus when our ex president is the one that made that decision and gave gus such a huge buy out that even if auburn folks are not happy with gus they still have to pony up huge money which will once again have all the pundits laughing in the press and tv shows across america. i will support gus until he is replaced and i will give the next coach the same support as long as they are not doing something horrible like happened at baylor. and since you never mentioned it i guess you are ok with someone making up stuff about another poster to further their own agenda? that was the main point of my statement. am i right to believe you care about nothing but win / loss records?

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Pat Dye  from Wyoming

Tommy Tubs from Ole Miss

And you didn't even point out what each of the last 5 of those no-names has done within the first 3 years of being hired:

-Robbed of a national championship earned on the field in year 3
-Undefeated in year 1
-Won the West in year 2, tied for 1st in the West in year 3 (went undefeated in year 6, made Auburn the winningest program in the country over a 3 year stretch from 2004-2006)
-Won a national championship in year 2
-Went to the national championship game in year 1

That crew never acknowledges it when this is pointed out to them, though. They just say "But Tennessee" over and over again. Pretty shocking lack of logic or critical thought. (Not to mention that just about every single successful coach in the history of sports was, you know, hired.)

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

The oven is turning up in here!!!!

werew.gif

kjjkuy.gif

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is up to auburn right?

Of course. 

they will do what is right when they deem it is the right time to do it.

Auburn does a great job of selecting coaches and renegotiating contracts.  I'm sure they'll get it right again next time.

you guys are pouring all your wrath on gus when our ex president is the one that made that decision and gave gus such a huge buy out that even if auburn folks are not happy with gus they still have to pony up huge money which will once again have all the pundits laughing in the press and tv shows across america.

Wrath is a pretty strong word for the discussion in this thread.  Most of the folks skeptical of him have been cautiously optimistic for this season.  At some point, he is what he is - an 8-4ish coach at Auburn.

i will support gus until he is replaced and i will give the next coach the same support as long as they are not doing something horrible like happened at baylor.

Okay, so that puts you in with the "8-4 is good enough" group.  Good on ya.

and since you never mentioned it i guess you are ok with someone making up stuff about another poster to further their own agenda?

A little ironic to try putting words in my mouth, dontchathink?  I did not see that was what nixtosanders was doing, but you are a little touchy when it comes to gus.  As vocal as Mikey is about gus, it isn't that much of a stretch to associate him with the folks who are good with 8-4 and that Auburn doesn't need to do better.

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that was the main point of my statement. am i right to believe you care about nothing but win / loss records?

I wouldn't have stepped off the bus in 2016 if I didn't care about winning.  Gus is a good dude, but not getting it done.  I think we can do better.  I also think we'll JABA it up again.  So, I have low expectations either way.

5 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I got a question for you. Would you have hired Tater Tot, Ears, 5-19, or the genius? I would not have hired a single one of those guys because they are all mediocre at best and had never shown anything above mediocre. Yet they all had at least one wildly successful season where? Auburn yeah.

When was Paul Finebaum a coaching candidate for Auburn? jk.

I could never figure out why Paul referred to Tuberville as "Wingnut" when he has such a set of ears on him. Pot meet kettle. 

Screenshot_20191016-155132~2.png

I love these discussions because it shows a great bell curve of where we our at as a fanbase

1. Those who support the coach no matter what

2. Those who know we have the wrong coach

3. Those who aren't completely on the bus OR off the bus, but cautiously watching now.

4. Those who are on the bus, but don't really feel all that good about it (ME!!!).

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I love these discussions because it shows a great bell curve of where we our at as a fanbase

3. Those who aren't completely on the bus OR off the bus, but cautiously watching now.

4. Those who are on the bus, but don't really feel all that good about it (ME!!!).

What's there to not feel good about?

tenor (1).gif

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

tenor (1).gif

iooi.gif

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

tenor (1).gif

This is probably the perfect representation of the bus ride for me. Lol

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah, I think I am in between 2 & 3. I know we have the wrong coach but I was a Gusaholic for several years so I'm having a hard time admitting it in front of others. I also feel like when I watch a NASCAR race. I anticipate a wreck because it always happens so I just sit here watching and waiting. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I'm a mix of #2 & #3, I jumped off the bus officially in Starkville last year and nothing short of an SEC Championship will heal the ringing in my ear from those cowbells.

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Yeah, I think I am in between 2 & 3. I know we have the wrong coach but I was a Gusaholic for several years so I'm having a hard time admitting it in front of others. I also feel like when I watch a NASCAR race. I anticipate a wreck because it always happens so I just sit here watching and waiting. 

Like I said for me, I know Gus can get to 9 wins and logically that would be enough to save him. I was hoping for a silver bullet this season. We either completely blow it or show up with very little criticism points. I fear this won’t be the case, yet again. 

20 minutes ago, gr82be said:

tenor (1).gif

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

iooi.gif

Two of the best back-to-back gifs I've seen in quite some time tbqh

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like I said for me, I know Gus can get to 9 wins and logically that would be enough to save him. I was hoping for a silver bullet this season. We either completely blow it or show up with very little criticism points. I fear this won’t be the case, yet again. 

Agree with you. I think we have a shot to win the UGA game if things go really right with the running back situation and no more injuries. Gus being here another year is more likely than not. When I think about next season though it really bugs me. With Pat Dye Auburn was able to reload each year. It wasn't a question of Auburn being good, but how good. With Gus it's like Russian Roulette, not a full chamber and you don't know when it will fire and when it won't. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Agree with you. I think we have a shot to win the UGA game if things go really right with the running back situation and no more injuries. Gus being here another year is more likely than not. When I think about next season though it really bugs me. With Pat Dye Auburn was able to reload each year. It wasn't a question of Auburn being good, but how good. With Gus it's like Russian Roulette, not a full chamber and you don't know when it will fire and when it won't. 

EVERY YEAR in Gus Malzahns Auburn is like groundhog day. Same off season talking points. WE REALLY REALLY REALLY mean it this year  guys when we say this is a make or break year! lol. How many years in his tenure have been described like that in various terms? haha. WE go in to the off season if we go 8-4 in the regular season with him still having a warm seat so it really does NOTHING to off set any of the negative recruiting you know we are getting peppered with by our rivals. 

I do believe 2020 is the year there is no hiding. And finally there will be no more purgatory where we are in this weird holding pattern. It is going to blow up. Either Gus will be here to take the fall which is the more likely option at this point or Some first year head coach is going to have a rough first season. If you thought this years OL was bad wait till next years....... And we lose a lot of top end defensive talent after this season too so the defense is less likely going to be able to save him as well.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Ok fitty...I really don’t wanna get into with you so I’ll just agree with you and move on. Its not worth the arguing honestly.

P.S.  Every post he makes defending Gus’s ineptitude indicates he’s ok with 8-4...

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

EVERY YEAR in Gus Malzahns Auburn is like groundhog day. Same off season talking points. WE REALLY REALLY REALLY mean it this year  guys when we say this is a make or break year! lol. How many years in his tenure have been described like that in various terms? haha. WE go in to the off season if we go 8-4 in the regular season with him still having a warm seat so it really does NOTHING to off set any of the negative recruiting you know we are getting peppered with by our rivals. 

I do believe 2020 is the year there is no hiding. And finally there will be no more purgatory where we are in this weird holding pattern. It is going to blow up. Either Gus will be here to take the fall which is the more likely option at this point or Some first year head coach is going to have a rough first season. If you thought this years OL was bad wait till next years....... And we lose a lot of top end defensive talent after this season too so the defense is less likely going to be able to save him as well.

At some point isn’t this just ridiculous? Have you ever seen the like? A coach who is neither great nor terrible who traps us in this perpetual cycle of hope and disappointment. 

4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

At some point isn’t this just ridiculous? Have you ever seen the like? A coach who is neither great nor terrible who traps us in this perpetual cycle of hope and disappointment. 

Yes. Mark Richt. He is our less successful version of Mark Richt. At least the barking spiked shoulder pad fanbase got to enjoy more 10 win seasons! I think Georgia fired him the season WHEN they won 10 games again hahaha. One of THE WORST 10 win teams I ever saw. We absolutely gift wrapped and hand delivered that game to them in 2015!!! UGHHHHHHH. Same as 2016 in Bowl Cut's first season. Those are 2 of the most infuriating losses in the Malzahn tenure. Right up there with the Rocky Top loss last year at home and 2017 LSU loss.  Sorry to go off on a tangit!!! The losses over the years to mediocre Georgia teams WEARS ON YOU FAM!!!! And it was not just Gus! Tubs was extremely guilty of this as well. 

Archived