Best New/Favorite Restaurants in the Central AL Region?

ToraGirl

So Eastchase in Montgomery just got a BurgerFi (catching up with Auburn--across from Funchess and at TigerTown).  Anyone have any updates on the next ones on the docket, east, west, or slightly north/south of here?

Vintage Year in Old Cloverdale (one of the area's traditionally nicer restaurants) has gourmet burger night on Tuesdays.  The aroma alone when you're out walking will draw you in.

If you are anywhere near Birmingham and love Italian...you've got to try Joe's in Alabaster.  Mamma mia!

Love Indian?  Taste of India on Vaughn Road, Montgomery.

Best independent coffee around here:  Prevail Union (downtown Montgomery) or Cafe Louisa in Old Cloverdale, attached to Tomatino's (great pizza)

The Gump is movin' on up.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

My two favorite restaurants in Montgomery are City Grill and El Rey.

Love those, too! It's been too long for both. I remember when El Rey was Heart of the Melon Cafe...missing that farm-to-table kind of option now. Central is good, but $$$$$.

I live in Shelby County now, however when I worked in Montgomery my favorite was Green Papaya in Coliseum Blvd.

Joes Italian is good. So is Bertolone’s in Calera, which is owned by the family that originally started Joes. Twisted Root on Rocky Ridge Road is awesome for a burger place. Their original location was featured on Diners Drive-In’s and Dives. I’ve only been once but I really enjoyed Bricktops on 280 in Mountain Brook. Eli’s Jerusalem Grill on 280 is good too.

Archived