Null



Sign in to follow this  
Zeek

Tennessee Recruiting (Rant)

Recommended Posts

Alright this is getting ridiculous. Hate me for saying it if you want but the NCAA has to be at least a little suspicious. They’ve done nothing in my lifetime worth mentioning. Pruitt almost got canned last year. They lost to freaking Georgia State last year.

I know it’s early in the 2021 class but we’re sitting at like 27th and these clowns are at 3rd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Hey. What can I say. Their HC learned how to cheat from the master. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Alright this is getting ridiculous. Hate me for saying it if you want but the NCAA has to be at least a little suspicious. They’ve done nothing in my lifetime worth mentioning. Pruitt almost got canned last year. They lost to freaking Georgia State last year.

I know it’s early in the 2021 class but we’re sitting at like 27th and these clowns are at 3rd.

As I said on another site their class ranking is inflated due to number of commits. They have to keep landing big time recruits to make their class a legit big time class. In terms of actual quality per recruit it's not great. Their average is 89.12. I looked at the past 3 classes & that recruit average would only be 17, 17, 18 in overall rankings. Also on the 5* LB they just picked up there are a lot of questions about him. Nearly, if not all, the big time programs backed off for him including Saban & Kirby. When Saban & Kirby won't touch something you know something big is going on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the SEC has another Hugh Freeze on their hands with Jeremy Pruitt. Remember the first few years Freeze was the Ole Miss coach and how they raked in top class after top class in the SEC and in the nation. The NCAA and SEC should keep their eyes wide open on Pruitt and his staff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another 4* today they’re up to two 5* and five 4* players

 During a dead period...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Another 4* today they’re up to two 5* and five 4* players

 During a dead period...

Their class overall is still meh With an 89.39 average. They are landing Salter later today though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Their class overall is still meh With an 89.39 average. They are landing Salter later today though.

Would love to go on a run like they are currently. We’re dead quiet in recruiting right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Would love to go on a run like they are currently

We will. We do it every year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UT landed a 4* OLB out of Baltimore today. Bama's going to get their plethora of 4 and 5 star recruits, as will Georgia. Florida will probably get a fair share as well. If Auburn is going to go on a run with recruits, it could be picking all the leftovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

We will. We do it every year.

I have faith too in this comment....but...It is different this year with the virus shutdowns. And i saw somewhere where the numbers of early commits maybe tripled that in past years? And with no precedent for us to go by, maybe this will have an impact on our recruiting down the road....

It jsut seems when crunch time comes later in the summer and heading into the early signing period, that it's possible that these 4* and 5* players DO stick to their early commits and not jump ship to teams like Auburn who get so much out of Big Cat Weekend and other in home and campus visits that maybe help us more than we know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

And i saw somewhere where the numbers of early commits maybe tripled that in past years? And with no precedent for us to go by, maybe this will have an impact on our recruiting down the road....

It jsut seems when crunch time comes later in the summer and heading into the early signing period, that it's possible that these 4* and 5* players DO stick to their early commits and not jump ship to teams like Auburn who get so much out of Big Cat Weekend and other in home and campus visits that maybe help us more than we know....

It will have an impact on all classes but we will still go on a run like every year. Yes the on campus visits help us dramatically & has been stated numerous time by AU reporters since the pandemic started that we were going to be at a bigger disadvantage than most til visits return.

@steeleagle you might be interested in this thread & article from the AU recruiting forum. If visits happen it will be big time flip season in the Fall.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It will have an impact on all classes but we will still go on a run like every year. Yes the on campus visits help us dramatically & has been stated numerous time by AU reporters since the pandemic started that we were going to be at a bigger disadvantage than most til visits return.

@steeleagle you might be interested in this thread & article from the AU recruiting forum. If visits happen it will be big time flip season in the Fall.

 

I know "it is impossible to do that" but Auburn needs to find a way to pull off a version of Big Cat in August or during our bye week if we are going to flip some talented young men.  

Find a way....this is our lifeblood.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AURandy56 said:

Why is the Corona virus affecting Auburn's recruiting negatively but not Tennessee's?

I suppose the answer would be that for some reason our campus and facilities are under-rated in the public opinion. Thus the frequent "I was surprised" comment after kids visit. That, however, won't help us much if we can't get them here early enough for the truth to sink in. I won't like it if we're depending on flips. We normally lose as much or more than we gain with flipped guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beaker said:

I know "it is impossible to do that" but Auburn needs to find a way to pull off a version of Big Cat in August or during our bye week if we are going to flip some talented young men.  

It doesn't have to be that type of event. We just needs visits to be able to get them on to campus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AURandy56 said:

Why is the Corona virus affecting Auburn's recruiting negatively but not Tennessee's?

Because Auburn is a special place & need to get kids to visit. Also Tennessee offered a lot of recruits earlier than most teams did & are reaping the benefits.

That being said. If/when we get 4* QB Dematrius Davis it will help us with other targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Because Auburn is a special place & need to get kids to visit. Also Tennessee offered a lot of recruits earlier than most teams did & are reaping the benefits.

That being said. If/when we get 4* QB Dematrius Davis it will help us with other targets.

yes, Davis is a cornerstone;  and an anchor in the region.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ellitor said:

We will. We do it every year.

Two 5*? Oh please oh pleaseeeee lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Two 5*? Oh please oh pleaseeeee lol

I meant the quality recruit run in general, not the 5*s specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 4:35 PM, ellitor said:

Because Auburn is a special place & need to get kids to visit. Also Tennessee offered a lot of recruits earlier than most teams did & are reaping the benefits.

That being said. If/when we get 4* QB Dematrius Davis it will help us with other targets.

🎯

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this