Men Vs Arkansas

Maverick.AU

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad timeout call by BP. We could have gotten a better shot at the buzzer with a timeout. What are you thinking there Bruce?

As inconsistent as the refs were, FT shooting down the stretch lost it for us.  Shot 50% on like 7 straight trips. 

Yeah, bad lost to me - being up by 19.  No answer for the doubles on Cooper. Weird.

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Jamal missed both, Cooper split, Thor split and Flan split on the last four trips

2 point game and you left at least four late

Giving that Arkansas player points 3 steps after the foul in the first half. Those points could be taken off the board. 

Ball handlers. Poise. Don't have enough. Yet. But to the Hogs' credit. They went into full desperation mode. Refs let them hack Cooper to death.

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hey we got ****** on the road in a throwaway year. No biggie. 

I’m fine with losing. I don’t like the way we looked at all starting late in the first and all of the 2nd. That ranks up there as one of the worst halves of basketball I’ve seen us play under Pearl. 

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

A simple halftime defensive adjustment and we leave swirlmarks inside the bowl. Rarely happens but Bruce got outcoached that half.

I don't think you can say Bruce got out coached when passes were hitting players in the hands and they were knocking them out of bounds. Bruce can only do so much and it's up to the players to actually make the players. Unfortunately, outside of Thor and Coop, no one else stepped up.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Giving that Arkansas player points 3 steps after the foul in the first half. Those points could be taken off the board. 

And then the one where they didn't give Coop the and-1. We blew a 19 point lead but at the end of the day if the refs would have called it the same both ways for 40 minutes, we win.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m fine with losing. I don’t like the way we looked at all starting late in the first and all of the 2nd. That ranks up there as one of the worst halves of basketball I’ve seen us play under Pearl. 

We're playing with a heavy bunch of underclassmen and that happens. It sucks now but will pay dividends going forward.

Give it time. We're fine. This is a rebuild year. 

Lack of adjustments as mentioned before left me speechless. Didnt control the boards (aren't we supposed to have more size). Sloppy with the ball and didnt clear out for coop on our last full possession. 4 white jerseys under the basket and our guys are just standing around. Unbelievable. Our guys folded like a wet paper towel when Arky started making their run.

BUT, we are young and I guess going through growing pains. 

Just now, jAUSon said:

I just wonder if the post season ban is showing up in these lulls. Sure the hunger is there. But it aint that "real" hunger. 

I doubt it. These kids want to play in the NBA, they should be putting forth their best play every single game. 

Archived