Why Auburn beats PSU

bigbird

15 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I'm not sure why you are obsessing over UGA. The last time we beat UGA was the same year you last beat OSU, 2017. In case you forgot about that 2017 season, Auburn beat both UGA and Bama....both ended up playing in the National Championship. It's heartbreaking hearing you come in talking about "facts" but refuse to do your homework to know what you are actually talking about. Then when real facts are pointed out that disproves your takes, you resort to name calling.

No we beat OSU in 2016 you split with Uga in 2017, in the game that mattered you lost. Facts 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

No we beat OSU in 2016 you split with Uga in 2017, in the game that mattered you lost. Facts 

Oh right. My bad...so you haven't beaten OSU since we last beat UGA? Why continually bring them up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Because your 1-5 against them in the past 5 years? 

I don't see how this is helping whatever point you are trying to make when Auburn's last 10 game record vs UGA is the same as PSU's last 10 game record vs OSU, with Auburn having the most recent win. 

• Like 1

Just now, arein0 said:

I don't see how this is helping whatever point you are trying to make when Auburn's last 10 game record vs UGA is the same as PSU's last 10 game record vs OSU, with Auburn having the most recent win. 

But it is relevant isn’t it?

Just now, Caldavis said:

But it is relevant isn’t it?

No because last time I checked neither UGA nor OSU is stepping a foot in Happy Valley on Saturday night. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, arein0 said:

No because last time I checked neither UGA nor OSU is stepping a foot in Happy Valley on Saturday night. 

No it’s relevant because they’ve hosed you the last 5/6. Therefore it’s relevant. Good luck with the “speed” argument, 1968 was a long time ago. We have shoes now. 

1 minute ago, Caldavis said:

No it’s relevant because they’ve hosed you the last 5/6. Therefore it’s relevant. Good luck with the “speed” argument, 1968 was a long time ago. We have shoes now. 

1. I never said anything about speed. Don't be putting words in my mouth.

2. That's the exact same record of PSU vs OSU. 

3. I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make about UGA when you are in the same situation with OSU.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

1. I never said anything about speed. Don't be putting words in my mouth.

2. That's the exact same record of PSU vs OSU. 

3. I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make about UGA when you are in the same situation with OSU.

Point is you haven’t been relevant in a while so stop acting like you have. OSU is a beast in our conference, same as Bama is. If you think Saturday night will be a cake walk you’ll be shocked, remember your fans think “PSU is slow”

the record vs Uga stands as it is…

and proves a point 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Point is you haven’t been relevant in a while so stop acting like you have. OSU is a beast in our conference, same as Bama is. If you think Saturday night will be a cake walk you’ll be shocked, remember your fans think “PSU is slow”

the record vs Uga stands as it is…

and proves a point 

1. From reading the comments on this board, most expect a close game. 

2. If you are going to put OSU in the same level as Bama, why not bring up our record vs them instead of relegating OSU to UGA's level.

3. If we are irrelevant, why is this game a white out game and why was your student section chanting "We want Auburn"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Point is you haven’t been relevant in a while so stop acting like you have. 

I was curious so I looked up Auburn W/L for the past "in a while". It might be quite educational for you to know that we've been at least more relevant than PSU. The last of the four attachments shows the Strength of Schedule for the past 20 years. I would have highlighted PSU but I couldn't find them on the listing 🤔. It's difficult to read but the schools are listed by overall Mean rankings and it only shows the ones listed. I'm sure Penn St. on the list... somewhere. 

PhotoGrid_1631602882780.jpg

PhotoGrid_1631602121159.jpg

PhotoGrid_1631602150779.jpg

PhotoGrid_1631602754092.jpg

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I was curious so I looked up Auburn W/L for the past "in a while". It might be quite educational for you to know that we've been at least more relevant than PSU. The last of the four attachments shows the Strength of Schedule for the past 20 years. I would have highlighted PSU but I couldn't find them on the listing 🤔. It's difficult to read but the schools are listed by overall Mean rankings and it only shows the ones listed. I'm sure Penn St. on the list... somewhere. 

PhotoGrid_1631602882780.jpg

PhotoGrid_1631602121159.jpg

PhotoGrid_1631602150779.jpg

PhotoGrid_1631602754092.jpg

Record over the last 5 years is 46-16 vs 41-23, look that up champ 

12 minutes ago, arein0 said:

1. From reading the comments on this board, most expect a close game. 

2. If you are going to put OSU in the same level as Bama, why not bring up our record vs them instead of relegating OSU to UGA's level.

3. If we are irrelevant, why is this game a white out game and why was your student section chanting "We want Auburn"

Students chant different s***, if that’s your point look at undergrad success rate. 

3 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

Students chant different s***, if that’s your point look at undergrad success rate. 

It's comical that is you only take on the post. I'm still wondering why we are your whiteout game if we are so irrelevant?

• Haha 2

Just now, arein0 said:

It's comical that is you only take on the post. I'm still wondering why we are your whiteout game if we are so irrelevant?

They are 7-7 in white out games. They aren't too good at picking the right opponent for them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You’ll see Saturday night, i’ll leave it at that. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

They are 7-7 in white out games. They aren't too good at picking the right opponent for them. 

We didn’t play two patsies in the first two games either. It is what it is. 

37 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

You’ll see Saturday night, i’ll leave it at that. 

I'll spell it out for you since you are struggling to see where I am coming from. If the whiteout game is reserved for your biggest home game of the year, and you schedule Auburn (you consider irrelevant). What does that say about your program, your schedule, and your whiteout games? If we are irrelevant and your whiteout game, doesnt that mean the rest of your home games are cupcakes and not entertaining? I'm truly sorry if that is the case. If you win, doesn't that make you the king of irrelevancy, since the rest of your home games are cupcakes, like Cincinnati or UCF (both good teams but have 0% chance of winning the national championship)? 

Tldr; you calling us irrelevant is also calling yourself irrelevant 

Edited by arein0
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

I'll spell it out for you since you are struggling to see where I am coming from. If the whiteout game is reserved for your biggest home game of the year, and you schedule Auburn (you consider irrelevant). What does that say about your program, your schedule, and your whiteout games? If we are irrelevant and your whiteout game, doesnt that mean the rest of your home games are cupcakes and not entertaining? I'm truly sorry if that is the case. If you win, doesn't that make you the king of irrelevancy, since the rest of your home games are cupcakes, like Cincinnati or UCF (both good teams but have 0% chance of winning the national championship)? 

Like Auburn the zero chance of winning a natty. Btw we play Michigan in a white out as well. Better hope Bruce Pearl delivers ass ****, maybe he can buy some More players to keep you relevant as a school. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, cbo said:

You don't win 9 games at Vandy in back to back seasons unless you're a good coach. That is an incredible achievement. 

Blind squirrels. He makes awful in game decisions. This isn't a new criticism 

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Yup, I remember when everyone outside of us were picking the 3-0 Freshman-led Vawls and their 110K fans to overwhelm 4-0 Auburn. Then Ronnie Brown became that "train coming. GET OFF THE TRACKS!"

Thank you for that!!!!  Man, I loved that 2004 team!!!!   Still my absolute favorite AU team ever!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Like Auburn the zero chance of winning a natty. Btw we play Michigan in a white out as well. Better hope Bruce Pearl delivers ass ****, maybe he can buy some More players to keep you relevant as a school. 

You know I’ve cringed whenever people have made jokes about <the city that holds Cedar Point> but you’re just making it easier for them.

Edited by AUwent