Tuberville Gone

Ryan Sanders

Ohhh boy. I have gotten word that Tuberville will be gone and Petrino will be hired. I am not trying to set any rumors.. but I believe I got this from a responsible source. Post your comments please.. I am sorry but I didn't get when he was expected to be fired.. I might can get you that later this afternoon.

Well Petrino doesn't seem to agree with this.

http://www.courier-journal.com/cjsports/ne...5jump-6411.html

And if he's lying to his team, are we sure we want him and go thru allthis "lying" crap again like we did when CTT came?

If CTT is in fact to be fired maybe the BOT is using Petrino for cover and negotiating with someone else. I hope so because CTT to Petrino seems lateral at best (in fact I think it might be a step down).

I do not want to see CTT leave. I want him to stay.

But if it isn't Petrino, then who? I still say CTT, but our you know what admin. thinks otherwise.

Does anybody know how Petrino's recruiting has been at U of L so far? I have a lot of confidence in his on-field coaching, but recruiting is obviously a big concern.

War Eagle!!! 28-23

If all this is true, I wonder what Chizik will do if he does not get the UCF job. Considering the circumstances, he'll probably be ticked off and leave on his own.

If all this is true, I wonder what Chizik will do if he does not get the UCF job.  Considering the circumstances, he'll probably be ticked off and leave on his own.

Will he or will he embrace an offense that might actually move the chains and keep his defense off the field.

I'm not saying I agree with firing CTT...just pointing out that this year's offensive production (or lack thereof) might have gotten under Chizik's skin once or twice.

Remember that CTB's lack of moving the ball was what ended up beginning to put he and Oliver at odds with one another.

I hope that my source is wrong.. I think this is a very bad decision. What happens to all of CTT recruits, or Auburns recruits?!?!?! I think with this coaching change.. that Brandon Jacobs might want to stay at Auburn more than he once did. Why? Well obviously because they didn't use him enough to key situations. Maybe he now thinks he will be utilized in the offense better.

Who knows.. maybe this will work out best for the team? Tuberville hasn't gotten us a 10 win season yet.. Alabama had one last year. In some ways.. this is the best decision, but I don't want it to be. Tuberville with all the talent that he has this year just hasn't gotten us a good season to be proud of, though last year was pretty decent considering we could have and I think should have won all of the games except the Arkansas game.

the only reason not to fire tubbs is b/c having a new coach will put us in a worse situation. so this means there is a very very very samll number of coaches that if hired now could actually put us in a better situation

Well Petrino doesn't seem to agree with this.

http://www.courier-journal.com/cjsports/ne...5jump-6411.html

I'm still going to wait for official notice before accepting any news/rumors on the AU coaching job. Personally, I hope CTT stays. My second choice, however, would be to have a competent coach (and I put Petrino in this catagory) in line when the announcement is made so as to not lose any more time in recruiting nor go through the search nightmares that Bama had...

But is there ever really a good time to hire/fire a coach. Not during the season, of course, but then "not before signing day", then "not before spring training", then "not after spring when you don't have time to hire a staff or install a new system". Based on the Bama situation, it seems like every time is a bad time.

Normally, I'd say it's almost impossible for any coach to admit he's leaving while he still has a game to be played, so I wouldn't expect Petrino to say anything otherwise right now. I did respect the way Petrino's departure was handled last year, though. He moved on to a better job, which I never blamed him for, yet he gave his all for our bowl game. Of course, his departure was voluntary and mutually agreeable, which made it better.

I still stand by Coach Tuberville, however, and will wait for official notice before thinking of anyone else as the head coach at Auburn. [Now if you want to start some rumors about a new president, AD, or BOT at Auburn, my ears are wide open.... Although I wouldn't want any college to pick it's president on the basis of football alone.]

Will Chizik fill "dissed" that he was not considered for the HC job? I probably would if I was hired at the same time and did not jump ship for a better opportunity, yet. I don't blame Petrino for leaving AU for the HC job at Louisville but how would you feel if you had performed equally well or better at the job assigned to you and remained loyal to your employer but were not considered for the promotion?

Rumors, rumors, rumors. Why does everyone have to start a rumor thread based on information from a "good source'. Sooner or later someone's good source will be right but as of now a hundred of them haven't. :angry:

We will see how reliable this source is come Friday (that is when I think that they will fire him). I didn't get when they were expecting to fire him.. but that is when I would imagine. It can't be any later than that.

Ryan....no offense but read your last post. Contained therein is the following:

"we will see how reliable the source is"

"I think"

"I didn't get when"

"I would imagine"

But not one single fact, all hearsay. The only thing that comes close to sounding like a fact is the tite of your original post "Tuberville Gone" which isn't a fact at all is it?

How would you like to be on the receiving end of all these rumor threads? <_<

Good call PT.

I wasn't trying to diss your dad Ryan. I just know a kid by the same name and his dad runs a Keebler route or something, and I was just wondering where the inside scoop was coming from.

How would you like to be on the receiving end of all these rumor threads? 

I don't like all the rumors either but if you are paid $1.5 MM/year in a public position, rumors are inevitable.

I'll take that salaray and you can make up whatever you want about me. :D

This is what my dad told me that the guy at his work told him:

Tuberville is gone.

Petrino is in.

He might have told my dad when they were getting rid of him, but I don't know if he did or not.. and if he did, my dad didn't tell me. What I mean by this is when they are actually going to fire him, but Tuberville is gone.

Archived