State hammers Bama by 24

GalensGhost

Yes, I know that SPUAT has played terribly the past few games, and this year as a whole has not been as good as past years, but I do not think that the cry "off with his head" or the desire to fire Gottfried is very smart. He has had too many good years for Alabama, and one rebuilding year should not be a reason to fire him. I had to hear a group of Bammers (my in-laws) talk about him like he was the worst thing that had ever happened to that program and he "should be fired tomorrow" and bite my tongue. Sorry, but I figured that it was better to blow here than blow with them. They don't think I know much of anything, anyway, being an Auburn fan. I haven't even pointed out that we beat them 5 straight years in football, two this year in basketball, etc. The only other guy in the family (non-Bammer) is from LSU. I have a hunch he is really catching it. But, in a year, he'll be able to rub it in. Alot. Christmas should be interesting this year.

I know I will take some heat for this, but I don't see much difference in a Gottfried coached team and a Cliff Ellis coached team. They both can recruit talent, but neither can coach them a lick. If the schoolyard stuff isn't working, then they lose by double digits.

The biggest difference in the two is that Ellis was actually a decent defensive coach.

Yes, I know that SPUAT has played terribly the past few games, and this year as a whole has not been as good as past years, but I do not think that the cry "off with his head" or the desire to fire Gottfried is very smart. He has had too many good years for Alabama, and one rebuilding year should not be a reason to fire him. I had to hear a group of Bammers (my in-laws) talk about him like he was the worst thing that had ever happened to that program and he "should be fired tomorrow" and bite my tongue. Sorry, but I figured that it was better to blow here than blow with them. They don't think I know much of anything, anyway, being an Auburn fan. I haven't even pointed out that we beat them 5 straight years in football, two this year in basketball, etc. The only other guy in the family (non-Bammer) is from LSU. I have a hunch he is really catching it. But, in a year, he'll be able to rub it in. Alot. Christmas should be interesting this year.

Someone buy www.keepmarkgottfried.com

This is uat basketball....this season they were ranked # 5 got blown out by NOTRE DAME, and now are out of the top 25.....remember a few short years ago, uat was actually ranked #1 and managed to hold on to that #1 ranking for a week (and only that long because polls don't come out sooner) and they barely made the tournament that year....yes #1 to barely squeaking in to the tourney. This is uat basketball...constantly overrated. wait why restrict this to basketball, it pretty much applies to the entire uat athletic dept.

Thouhts:

1) CMG is about as good as they will ever get in Tuscaloosa.

2) The tide fans dont seem to understand that.

3) CMG reminds me of Sonny Smith. Great recruiter but he only knows how to coach neighborhood ball. Although CSS teams could play D when it was too late. CMG doesnt ever seem to be able coach any D, down, ahead, tied, whatever. CMG played D while in college. I dont know what happened.

This from Finebaum's latest column stuck out to me:

Regardless of the outcome of Sunday's game at Mississippi State, the best Gottfried can do this year in the SEC is 8-8. This means that in his nine years at the Capstone (in which he has taken the Tide to five straight NCAA tournaments), only three times will he have finished with a winning record in the league. It's a tough league, but it also shows the inconsistency that has existed in this program. By the way, David Hobbs, who was run out of town on a rail to make way for the prodigal son Gottfried, had the same number of winning SEC records in his six mostly dismal seasons in Tuscaloosa.

CMG played D while in college. I dont know what happened.

I think I know what happened. He became a protege of Jim Harrick. Harrick always emphasized offense over defense. I think CMG got converted.

gottfriedloserqq2.jpg

Archived