AU wins in a sloppy contest

autkidd

I caught the secound half after work. I was less than impressed with the performance. We should have beat Mercer like we beat Charleston Southern. Those two teams appeared to have similar talent. It is really depressing watching this because we should have been pretty good this year, but injuries and suspensions might cause us to regress this year. We have noone off the bench. It would be nice to see Sylla on the floor. All these minutes our starters are playing are going to catch up with us in SEC play. The frustrating thing is we are not really going to get anyone back. Sylla may redshirt now that part of his year is wasted. Hargrove is very average. Miaway should have been able to play last night if 1st semester grades were all that mattered because Daniel Hayles had a similar problem at USA and he played in their game last weekend. We need Dollard the most and he isnt coming back. I think it is really odd he does not sit on the bench with the team. All the other injured players do. Last night he wasn't with the team. Someting is really fishy about his season long "medical problem". I will be there Saturday looking for improvement.

Heck, we missed a lot of shots. But, we forced Mercer to rely on "0" to get points. He was firing 'em up from all spots on the court, sometimes with a hand all in his face. He's just good.

Defense: Largely untested. GRADE: B

Offense: Average. GRADE: B

Gameplan: Handled the press VERY well, had a LOT of steals on D. GRADE: A-

Overall: B

Heck, we missed a lot of shots. But, we forced Mercer to rely on "0" to get points. He was firing 'em up from all spots on the court, sometimes with a hand all in his face. He's just good.

Hey I just read on scout that one of our seniors is our for the season. Does anyone know who it is?

Hey I just read on scout that one of our seniors is our for the season. Does anyone know who it is?

Im guessing Archie Miaway. He was already ineligible for academics likely that nothing changed.

I caught the secound half after work. I was less than impressed with the performance. We should have beat Mercer like we beat Charleston Southern. Those two teams appeared to have similar talent. It is really depressing watching this because we should have been pretty good this year, but injuries and suspensions might cause us to regress this year. We have noone off the bench. It would be nice to see Sylla on the floor. All these minutes our starters are playing are going to catch up with us in SEC play. The frustrating thing is we are not really going to get anyone back. Sylla may redshirt now that part of his year is wasted. Hargrove is very average. Miaway should have been able to play last night if 1st semester grades were all that mattered because Daniel Hayles had a similar problem at USA and he played in their game last weekend. We need Dollard the most and he isnt coming back. I think it is really odd he does not sit on the bench with the team. All the other injured players do. Last night he wasn't with the team. Someting is really fishy about his season long "medical problem". I will be there Saturday looking for improvement.

I think it was on ITAT radio that I heard one of them slip and say something about an MCL so I dont think its just a big coverup.

According to a writeup, Sylla reinjured his ankle in practice and will likely medical redshirt. Lucas is supposed to be out another month so hopefully well get him back sometime in the middle of January.

As far as the game goes, it was alright. Sloppy games is what we want. Sloppy play will work in our advantage because we are athletic to defend on the defensive side and make plays on the offensive side. Anytime another team can hit a lot of their shots we're in trouble because we dont score a ton and it forces us to use our half court offense on made baskets. Right now winning is most important. If we can just get these 3 and then pull off a couple semi upsets against Xavier and Arky (thurs night ESPN should be a good atmosphere) we could have something rolling because we know how bad the SEC west is.

I think it was on ITAT radio that I heard one of them slip and say something about an MCL so I dont think its just a big coverup.

According to a writeup, Sylla reinjured his ankle in practice and will likely medical redshirt. Lucas is supposed to be out another month so hopefully well get him back sometime in the middle of January.

As far as the game goes, it was alright. Sloppy games is what we want. Sloppy play will work in our advantage because we are athletic to defend on the defensive side and make plays on the offensive side. Anytime another team can hit a lot of their shots we're in trouble because we dont score a ton and it forces us to use our half court offense on made baskets. Right now winning is most important. If we can just get these 3 and then pull off a couple semi upsets against Xavier and Arky (thurs night ESPN should be a good atmosphere) we could have something rolling because we know how bad the SEC west is.

I watched Xavier the other night on ESPN. "Sloppy" was not their style of play. Beating them would be a huge upset at this point. I think Xavier is on the level of WVU having seen both play. Hopefully we get better in these tuneup games and pull of an upset. I had heard the same thing about Sylla redshirting now that half his season is gone and he was a project to begin with. Our problems this year set us up to be a really good team next year, but I am not sure Lebo will be given that luxury. Imagine everyone back but Quan and Tolbert. Starting some combination of Tez, Dollard, Reed, Vot, Sylla, and Rasheem. It also helped spread our talent out over the classes alittle better so that we dont lose Dollard, Vot, Rasheem, and Tez all at the same time now. Not to mention we brought in a pretty solid class this year.

Lebo will be our coach next year. Even if we go 6-20. The Board of Trustees doesn't even know we've got a basketball team. They think the new arena is somehow football related, I'm sure.

There is a reason Dollard doesn't sit with the team. If you don't know yet, it will become obvious next season. "Medical" reasons should not be taken literally, well, I guess you almost could say that if you wanted.

There is a reason Dollard doesn't sit with the team. If you don't know yet, it will become obvious next season. "Medical" reasons should not be taken literally, well, I guess you almost could say that if you wanted.

Yeah, it didn't take too long to figure out his "medical" reasons. ;)

Archived