Bowden recruiting promises?

BamaGrad03

What a freaking JOKE this guy is. Apparently he promises big time RB recruits that they get the first carry of the first game.

That's why, on saturday night, 5 star recruit/true freshman Jamie Harper got the first carry (and subsequently fumbled) while Davis and Spiller watched from the bench.

Amazing.

Yeah, I thought that was incredibly stupid on his part to make such a promise. However, you do have to commend him on keeping his promise.......... regardless of the outcome.

It just seems like a cheap used car salesman type ploy. I mean it's one freaking carry.

I don't know that I would want a RB playing for my team that needed that kind of recruiting promise to come on board.

It just seems like a cheap used car salesman type ploy. I mean it's one freaking carry.

I don't know that I would want a RB playing for my team that needed that kind of recruiting promise to come on board.

You ain't kidding.

Did you see his post game quote on this?

Question: Going to make any recruiting promises again (starting Jamie Harper)?

Tommy Bowden: "If he's here for three years – there are 1,000 plays in a year – that's 3,000 plays, and I played him one, that's a pretty good return, pretty good tradeoff."

http://www.clemson.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=844267

What an idiot.

Tommy Bowden: "If he's here for three years – there are 1,000 plays in a year – that's 3,000 plays, and I played him one, that's a pretty good return, pretty good tradeoff."

What an idiot.

That's a good way for a coach to lose the team.............not as bad as playing a suspended player after a hallfime mutiny, but that move would not foster senior loyalty. I guess T Bowden never actually played.

What an idiot.

That's a good way for a coach to lose the team.............not as bad as playing a suspended player after a hallfime mutiny, but that move would not foster senior loyalty. I guess T Bowden never actually played.

well, Bowden did put one of his starting LB on "deferred suspension", meaning he will not lose any PT but if he messes up again....then he might get a suspension. didn't help them much, though.

What an idiot.

well, Bowden did put one of his starting LB on "deferred suspension", meaning he will not lose any PT but if he messes up again....then he might get a suspension. didn't help them much, though.

Is that like "Double Secret Probation"? :)

:au::homer:

Is that how he keeps getting some talented players up there? (Not that he does anything with them). It's really a shame. Can you imagine putting CJ Spiller, Davis, and their quarterback on a team with a decent coach? I never thought he was much of a coach when he was an assistant at Auburn. All he had going for him was his daddy's name.

rws, are you serious about the linebacker? That is utterly ridiculous. Bowden is a terrible terrible big game coach (kind of the opposite of his brother) that has one shot at making it out of this season: ACC championship. That's it. And I don't think he'll be able to coach 'em up well enough to get it.

rws, are you serious about the linebacker? That is utterly ridiculous. Bowden is a terrible terrible big game coach (kind of the opposite of his brother) that has one shot at making it out of this season: ACC championship. That's it. And I don't think he'll be able to coach 'em up well enough to get it.

Yeah, the same linebacker that pleaded guilty to everyone about beating the crap out of his girlfriend.

Yeah, the same linebacker that pleaded guilty to everyone about beating the crap out of his girlfriend.

Unethical recruiting tactics...

Letting hardened criminals play just to have an advantage...

Bama still sucks. They just had karma on their side. :poke:

well, Steve Spurrier put one of his players on a "delayed suspension" as well. they let him play the opener, but said he would be suspended for a game. it has yet to be determined what game he will be suspended for.

That would be as STUPID as, let's say, the $4mil boy promising a HS senior that he will be the starter next year...Oh wait....nevermind.....

That would be as STUPID as, let's say, the $4mil boy promising a HS senior that he will be the starter next year...Oh wait....nevermind.....

CNS has always had a history of playing freshmen as starters if he felt they were better at their position. it worked out pretty well Saturday, as we played a good bit of young talent. yeah, man, he's SO STUPID for playing those freshmen..... :rolleyes:

He never promised anyone a starting role.

Hmmmm...Well, either you are wrong or one of the two is lyin'. Which is it? B)

WT you are wrong............

How can you promise a starting position when you don't even have a depth chart??????????????

:lol::lol::lol: I stand corrected...................

I bet he did promise a starting role to some of them. My God, did you see how well Ingram and Cody played Saturday? $aban knew what he was getting on NSD and I believe he could almost guarantee some of those recruits that they would start when they stepped on campus.

That game Saturday did more for Bammer recruiting than almost any other game will for the rest of this season. National media hype, national exposure, AND he played and started many true freshmen in a nationally recognized game, and dominated the opponent. I hate to say it, but +1 for bammer.

I bet he did promise a starting role to some of them. My God, did you see how well Ingram and Cody played Saturday? $aban knew what he was getting on NSD and I believe he could almost guarantee some of those recruits that they would start when they stepped on campus.

That game Saturday did more for Bammer recruiting than almost any other game will for the rest of this season. National media hype, national exposure, AND he played and started many true freshmen in a nationally recognized game, and dominated the opponent. I hate to say it, but +1 for bammer.

after all of the talk here about our class was overrated, i would like to know out of the freshmen that played against Clemson, which ones did not live up to expectations?

after all of the talk here about our class was overrated, i would like to know out of the freshmen that played against Clemson, which ones did not live up to expectations?

IMO, every single one that played met $aban's expectations. They played with composure and maturity that you just don't see in a true freshman in a big time atmosphere like the Dome. I stated in my previous post that $aban knew exactly what he was getting on NSD. And, he knew that those HS recruits were better than what he had on his current team.

I honestly didn't believe all of the media hype over the #1 recruiting class for '08. But, I'll give it to him, he brought in the studs and the staff had them prepared to play lights out Saturday night. It will be interesting to see how well the new boys can play at that same level through the grueling SEC schedule that lurks in the future. I think that will be the true test of maturity for the young players. WDE!

What an idiot.

Bowden lost that team after they gave up the 1st touchdown.

Archived