Kris Frost - Update Commits to Auburn

RunInRed

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! From the story it looks like he and Chizik finally spoke with each other last night and cleared the air. Glad to hear it. It was looking bleak for him to make it here for a while.

knew the coaches wouldn't pass up on this kind of talent.

Could also signal a spot opening up elsewhere, especially in the grades department.

Sigler?

Did any one else notice in the Rivals article they refer to Kris as a "future 5-star athlete"...

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1177800

Possible ratings bump? Not that it matters. But interesting nonetheless.

I saw in the forum where Jeff Lee said he expected Frost to be bumped when the updated ratings come out at noon today.

That makes me happy. I like this kid.

For us fans it is not a good idea to promote negative tidbits unless we are really sure of the sources. More often then not we, the fans, have very little view of the big picture. The story of three blind men and an elephant comes to mind.

Please do not post negative comments about a recruit. Thank you.

Did any one else notice in the Rivals article they refer to Kris as a "future 5-star athlete"...

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1177800

Possible ratings bump? Not that it matters. But interesting nonetheless.

I saw in the forum where Jeff Lee said he expected Frost to be bumped when the updated ratings come out at noon today.

Cool. AU could end up with at least three 5-star stars of Drew gets a bump as well.

Ok, so why isn't Calloway categorized as an ATH? He played RB, LB and I've even heard some bama friends say that they thought he'd end up at S if he stuck with them due to their depth at LB. I understand we're recruiting him at RB, and I keep hearing that he'll be changed to RB and dropped a star because of that.

Frost plays LB and WR and is an ATH, and from what I understand we're recruiting him at WR even though he'll probably end up at LB, so why wouldn't Rivals move Calloway to ATH status?

Ok, so why isn't Calloway categorized as an ATH? He played RB, LB and I've even heard some bama friends say that they thought he'd end up at S if he stuck with them due to their depth at LB. I understand we're recruiting him at RB, and I keep hearing that he'll be changed to RB and dropped a star because of that.

Frost plays LB and WR and is an ATH, and from what I understand we're recruiting him at WR even though he'll probably end up at LB, so why wouldn't Rivals move Calloway to ATH status?

Apparently Rivals is updating their rankings today at noon. I would expect them to fix all that then.

Apparently Rivals is updating their rankings today at noon. I would expect them to fix all that then.

Done. Calloway drops a star due to him projecting as a RB for us instead of the LB position he was rated at. Frost upgraded to a 5-star.

I'm glad the Frost deal is done. It's kind of humorous going back and reading the entire thread now and seeing how many "sources" and "expert" opinions were dead wrong. Like I said, no one outside a few coaches knew what was really going on. One good example is most people thought there had been a breakdown in communications between Frost and our coaching staff. This isn't true if I believe what Frost's Mom said. Coach Thigpen was the main recruiter for Frost and Frost's mom Miriam said "He has been diligent with staying in contact and doing the right things and being very supportive."

One lesson in this is folks need to accept, like it or not, this coaching staff is very closed mouth about things and will only comment when they choose to.

I'm glad the Frost deal is done. It's kind of humorous going back and reading the entire thread now and seeing how many "sources" and "expert" opinions were dead wrong. Like I said, no one outside a few coaches knew what was really going on. One good example is most people thought there had been a breakdown in communications between Frost and our coaching staff. This isn't true if I believe what Frost's Mom said. Coach Thigpen was the main recruiter for Frost and Frost's mom Miriam said "He has been diligent with staying in contact and doing the right things and being very supportive."

One lesson in this is folks need to accept, like it or not, this coaching staff is very closed mouth about things and will only comment when they choose to.

They weren't "dead" wrong. Kris wasn't coming as of a day or two ago. There was even a write up on Rivals that he'd contacted the new staff at Michigan. The thing that the coaches said needed to happen from the get go happened last night...Kris had a serious conversation with Coach Chizik. Until or unless that happened, Kris didn't have a slot here. The only side detail that I mentioned that wasn't right was that he was able to patch things up over the phone instead of in person. But the bottom line of it never changed.

The whole drama could have been avoided had he heeded their advice the first time. I'm glad they worked it out though

Done. Calloway drops a star due to him projecting as a RB for us instead of the LB position he was rated at. Frost upgraded to a 5-star.

Typical, switched from Bama to Auburn!? Gotta loose a star for that one... <_<

They weren't "dead" wrong. Kris wasn't coming as of a day or two ago. There was even a write up on Rivals that he'd contacted the new staff at Michigan. The thing that the coaches said needed to happen from the get go happened last night...Kris had a serious conversation with Coach Chizik. Until or unless that happened, Kris didn't have a slot here. The only side detail that I mentioned that wasn't right was that he was able to patch things up over the phone instead of in person. But the bottom line of it never changed.

The whole drama could have been avoided had he heeded their advice the first time. I'm glad they worked it out though

I didn't single you or anyone out but yes some were wrong. Some were saying he was out of the picture at Auburn and was headed to Miami. Isn't that wrong?

Kris' mom's comments doesn't imply there was ever a problem or a real breakdown in communication. I stand by my comment that you, me, or anyone outside the coaching staff knows what really went on including who said what and wheteher there was ever a serious problem. JMHO.

I saw where one person said he was taking an official visit to Miami, but no one that claimed he was signing with them. And like I said, as of a day or so ago, he was out of the picture. He still had not spoken with Coach Chizik which is what needed to happen for any possibility of him being at Auburn to occur. Merely talking to Coach Thig wasn't going to cut it.

I stand by my comments that what was being said here was accurate as of the time it was said and there was a serious problem, hence his name not being added to the commit list after he publicly committed over a week ago. Ever see anything like that before? I haven't. High profile kid commits on national TV and within hours he appears on the commitment list of that school at Rivals, Scout and everywhere else. But not this one. And the reason is basically what was explained here. I'm sure there are even more details we're not privy to, but to act like there wasn't a serious problem going on is just crazy talk.

Situations are fluid. Kris and Chizik are on the same page now and he's coming to Auburn which is great.

No. Calloway dropped a star due to him coming to us, not because of the position.

Kris' mom's comments doesn't imply there was ever a problem or a real breakdown in communication.

Kid committed on national TV and his commitment wasn't accepted until 10 days later. There was a problem; period.

No. Calloway dropped a star due to him coming to us, not because of the position.

This is complete BS. I didn't think Calloway was a 5-star when he committed to Alabama and I dont think he is a 5-star now. Great pull for us; still a Top 50 player, but I'm not playing both sides of the fence. A lot of Auburn fans were whining about Calloway only being a 5-star because he committed to Alabama, now they're whining because his 5th star was taken away?

Greg Robinson's drop was more extreme than I imagined but it is also warranted.

Archived