Auburn vs Miss. State Thread

around4ever

We've never been able to shoot free throws. How did we do tonight? I didn't watch the game because I didn't won't to watch us lose again.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've never been able to shoot free throws. How did we do tonight? I didn't watch the game because I didn't won't to watch us lose again.

The officials never called a foul on MS.   Well, maybe a few but not many.  

What a tough loss for the good guys on the road tonight. Makes me sick to my stomach to watch my Tigers get absolutely hosed by the refs on the road. How in the world can they make that call against Knox with 30 secs left and not call a foul on Dewayne's layup with 10 secs left? Brandon didn't even touch the guy and gets a whistle. Yet, Reed makes a layup and gets took to the floor and its a no call? And don't even get me started on the foul on Frankie at the end of regulation. Note to Dave Neil and Barry Booker: It doesn't matter where its at or how much time is left, a foul is a foul regaurdless of where or when it happens. Total garbage.

What a tough loss for the good guys on the road tonight. Makes me sick to my stomach to watch my Tigers get absolutely hosed by the refs on the road. How in the world can they make that call against Knox with 30 secs left and not call a foul on Dewayne's layup with 10 secs left? Brandon didn't even touch the guy and gets a whistle. Yet, Reed makes a layup and gets took to the floor and its a no call? And don't even get me started on the foul on Frankie at the end of regulation. Note to Dave Neil and Barry Booker: It doesn't matter where its at or how much time is left, a foul is a foul regaurdless of where or when it happens. Total garbage.

You are absolutely correct.  It is awful how often it happens to Auburn.  The no call at the end of regulation was pitiful.  Lebo has to send that to the SEC office. 

Lebo is a push over. The refs can do what they want to because they know Lebo won't get in their face or at least yell.

From what I seen Jeff was pretty livid with some of the calls out there. I don't think this one is Jeff's fault at all.

You are absolutely correct.  It is awful how often it happens to Auburn.   The no call at the end of regulation was pitiful.  Lebo has to send that to the SEC office. 

Yeah the no call on Frankie got me pretty hot but letting Dewayne get mugged under the goal when he tied it up was just ridiculous IMO. Especially considering the foul that Brandon was tagged with just 20 secs earlier, on the other end.

You are absolutely correct.  It is awful how often it happens to Auburn.   The no call at the end of regulation was pitiful.  Lebo has to send that to the SEC office. 

Yeah the no call on Frankie got me pretty hot but letting Dewayne get mugged under the goal when he tied it up was just ridiculous IMO. Especially considering the foul that Brandon was tagged with just 20 secs earlier, on the other end.

Two sets of standards.

Shopping with the family and by the time I got to the sporting goods store games was almost over. I will watch the replay and get hacked off based on the play by play on the thread. We have been screwed by refs all year and it makes me >:( >:( Fiootball this year was the worst I have seen in sometime. Officials in both football and basket ball are getting much worse. Worst thing ever is to give a game away due to officiating. Lebo and correct me if I am wrong dont seem to pleed our case.

We can be mad at he refs all we want but we had a 14 point lead. Good teams win when they have that kind of lead no matter where the game is played. Up by 16 at Vanderbilt, double digits at Tennessee, up 14 tonight and we lost all 3 of those games along with alot more along the way. Not trying to be a debbie downer, I'm just saying.

We can be mad at he refs all we want but we had a 14 point lead. Good teams win when they have that kind of lead no matter where the game is played. Up by 16 at Vanderbilt, double digits at Tennessee, up 14 tonight and we lost all 3 of those games along with alot more along the way. Not trying to be a debbie downer, I'm just saying.

I understand what you're saying, but how can you keep the lead if the refs keep giving the home team favors and the phantom calls?

To me, that refs are equal as this

The refs are just an excuse. A couple of bad calls don't decide a game. We put ourselves in a position for those calls. I'll admit, the fall on Brendan Knoox was bull shite, but we didn't start our move towards the basket until within 10 seconds of a shot clock violation and the shot that was about to be taken was a prayer at best. It got stolen, and they got a fast break dunk out of it. With so little time in the game, i would hope we would have a better offensive set to run and get a high percentage shot. Our guys fight extremely hard and I will watch them play no matter what, but I kinda feel bad for them because it looks as ifwe just sometimes run around until someone decides it's time to launch a 3 pointer. We have so much talent and we have really good players on the team, we shouldn't be 3-7 in the SEC. Coming from an untrained eye, I think the blame goes on the coach for that. Who knows though. I really like Coach Lebo and I LOVE our team and I'm Auburn through and through and was at the Vandy game earlier in the season cheering my heart out in the middle of a bunch of Vandy fans, but I just think we should be 7-3 , not 3-7. A good coach would do wonders with this team. Sorry for the length of my rant, I just had to get some things off my chest. War Eagle!

I have never had anything aginst Jeff Lebo as a person. Though I've never met Jeff, I'm sure he's a great guy. It's just that he's had 6 years to get this team back on the winner ways and he hasn't done it. It seems as though we're losing more ground every year.

I have never had anything aginst Jeff Lebo as a person. Though I've never met Jeff, I'm sure he's a great guy. It's just that he's had 6 years to get this team back on the winner ways and he hasn't done it. It seems as though we're losing more ground every year.

Yeah.I agree^^^I don't ever want to see someone loose their job, but 6 years and you can't prove your worth,  time for a change!  sad, he seems like someone you would like in person on TV..family type guy.  Just doesn't have the eye of a tiger...something the BB team has lost..Lost the killer instinct!

I think Coach Lebo is a great person and I want him to succeed but like everybody has mentioned, he has had 6 years to turn the program around and we have only been to the NIT in his tenure. I also hate to see someone get fired, especially someone who has ties to Auburn because they really are part of my family, but sports is a "What-have-you-done-for-me-lately" type business and that question doesn't really bode well for Coach Lebo. Regardless, WDE Coach Lebo and I hope nothing but success for you and the team.

He was slightly handcuffed for the first two years with probation.  He was down one scholly, was limited in on campus visitors and his coaches were limited in off campus visits with recruits.  But still, I don't think he has been successful.  What do you think was expected of him by the Athletic Department?  He came from UTC and before that Tenn. Tech where he was pretty successful.  Did they expect him to come in and blow the SEC away?  Did they want him to get through the probation and hope for the best in the coming years?  Did they expect him to survive probation and then they would hire somebody else?  Is Auburn basketball that much worse than it has been, overall, in 30 years?  Yes there have been some very good years but our Bball program has never been consistently a winner. 

Guest auburn warrior

yall remember in 08 when we were mad at coach tuberville for not chewing his o-line out after so many false starts, and now lebo wont chew dewayne reed out, for the things hes doing, thats why reed keeps doing it every week he knows lebo doesnt have the balls, to chew someone out

Just got a chance to watch the replay of the game that I recorded from last night. The refs were horrible beyond belief in the end of regulation. I don't how some of these guys get the chance to work in the SEC and much less maintain their jobs after being reviewed. If we were a better team, we may have been able to overcome the ridiculous calls. But, you shouldn't have to battle against the other team and keep having to deal with the one sided calls regardless. If I were Lebo, I would have been tossed and never made it to OT.

The biggest problem that the Auburn's basketball team has is not how terrible Lebo is coaching, but how terrible he is recruiting in the state of Alabama. Every year most of the top basketball players leave for out of state schools to play basketball. I don't care who you are, if you do can't recruit the top players in state and convince them to stay, then you are not going to win many basketball games. You have to bring in and keep the talent, and Lebo hasn't gotten it done.

Archived