STEELERS THREAD

WDEAUB

On 10/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

This could be a long season.......hope not

Could be with our D playing like they are. At least L. Bell will be coming back, too bad K. Greene, Mean Joe, R. Woodson aren’t! ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wareagleguy said:

Could be with our D playing like they are. At least L. Bell will be coming back, too bad K. Greene, Mean Joe, R. Woodson aren’t! ?

God do I wish I'd even take Tony Dungy 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2018 at 4:29 PM, augolf1716 said:

What a game.....................back in it

Yep, big win over the bengals, we just seem to have their number.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hey @augolf1716. Just wanted to stop by & say thanks for the beat down your Steelers put on the Panthers. My Saints will try to return the favor Sunday @ Cincy.

Damn the offense was almost perfect felt a little bad for Cam a little......hope you can return the favor

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn the offense was almost perfect felt a little bad for Cam a little......hope you can return the favor

Yea Ben had a perfect QB rating.  With the way the Panthers started the game, I thought they would have a good showing.  That changed about as quick as it is possible to do so.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yea Ben had a perfect QB rating.  With the way the Panthers started the game, I thought they would have a good showing.  That changed about as quick as it is possible to do so.  

Yeah think Ben has had three or four perfect rating could be wrong

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 7:24 AM, ellitor said:

Hey @augolf1716. Just wanted to stop by & say thanks for the beat down your Steelers put on the Panthers. My Saints will try to return the favor Sunday @ Cincy.

I owe you/Saints a big thank you........want to go

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I owe you/Saints a big thank you........want to go

Want to go where? & You're welcome!

Not sure if any team in the league could have beat us today. Even with AJ Green out that's a good team we dismantled in their house. Shows the Saints are a legit championship contender as well after beating the favorites in the league, the Rams last week in such a big prove it game for the Saints.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 8:58 AM, augolf1716 said:

Damn the offense was almost perfect

I see your almost perfect & raise you perfect. ;D

Can't want for our game in a few weeks. Got soo much respect for the Steelers.

• Like 1

It’s full steam ahead with Conner. I’m interested to see how things fare for LB and where he lands.

• Like 1

What’s going on with James Washington. He got called out by Big Ben this week and now he’s not even dressed. Big Ben isn’t playing inspired himself maybe he should stop.

@Texan4Auburn I read that he only ran three routes at Oklahoma State and that’s part of the reason for his slow learning curve. What kind of offense does the mullet run? Sounds like a critique of Gus’s.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

What’s going on with James Washington. He got called out by Big Ben this week and now he’s not even dressed. Big Ben isn’t playing inspired himself maybe he should stop.

@Texan4Auburn I read that he only ran three routes at Oklahoma State and that’s part of the reason for his slow learning curve. What kind of offense does the mullet run? Sounds like a critique of Gus’s.

Lol, gotta catch me up on who ran 3 routes. I've literally seen Gundy change routes up between series. When he use to call the plays he would go coach the offense while the defense was on the field.

Might also do like Herman. What I've seen and read that Herman's offense doesn't have alot of routes, but it is up to the reciever to properly read and adjust. So the route depends on the defense. Plus the WO's for both those offense catch crazy crap all the time and don't drop many.

8 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol, gotta catch me up on who ran 3 routes. I've literally seen Gundy change routes up between series. When he use to call the plays he would go coach the offense while the defense was on the field.

Might also do like Herman. What I've seen and read that Herman's offense doesn't have alot of routes, but it is up to the reciever to properly read and adjust. So the route depends on the defense. Plus the WO's for both those offense catch crazy crap all the time and don't drop many.

“This kid may never be a top receiver like Antonio Brown or JuJu Smith-Schuster, but he will turn out to be a solid receiver. The talent is, and was, there on not just his college tape, but his preseason tape, too. However, when it comes to Washington, it is a very unique situation.

Mike Gundy’s Oklahoma State offense asked Washington to run three basic routes — a simple streak, a post, and occasionally, a slant. Washington is immediately at a disadvantage due to an inexplicably bare route tree. You think Dez Bryant was polished coming out? He certainly was not, and he had to learn all the NFL routes, and it was no wonder he never came on until late 2010.

Washington is the same way. He has had to learn routes like an in, the NFL out, a chair route, a simple fade, wheels, anything you can think of, Washington has had to learn. The guy wasn’t even asked to run a curl route in college. Over the past few weeks, the Steelersare starting to expand his route tree, which is why you saw him run a reverse sluggo on Sunday.”

That Oklahoma State offense never asked for timing based routes, which is key to note for the Steelers to take into consideration. A simple out route for Washington not only has to be fluid, but he also has to understand the timing-based mechanisms within it. Washington now has to be in sync with Ben Roethlisberger, choose where he has to go, and read the corner’s coverage.

“That is not a concept in the Oklahoma State offense, and that is why this learning curve is steep. All Washington knew how to be was a deep threat, and he is being asked to do much more here in the NFL. Tomlin and Fichtner must have enough confidence in him to be letting him run sluggos, outs, slants, and wheels like he does. Otherwise, he just wouldn’t play at all.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/platform/amp/2018/12/1/18119136/dont-worry-steelers-fans-james-washington-will-come-around-antonio-brown-juju-smith-schuster-nfl

Edited by aujeff11