NONE OF THIS IS NEW!

AUTiger03

The NCAA has had all of this info already, and if they didn't it's MSU's problem. Auburn will forfeit NOTHING if Auburn or one of its boosters didn't pay anything. Trust the coaches, they know what's at stake.

I STILL believe in Auburn. WDE

If the NCAA believes Rogers, I think Cam is ineligible because his dad solicited $ for him, even though none were paid.  Maybe not, maybe they could impose something less than ineligibility, but I doubt they would.  They want to discourage anyone soliciting $ on behalf of a player.

If State coaches back up Rogers story we are done!

This is true, unfortunately

Why would that be true?  We know State started this whole thing, there isn't a shred of evidence AU, Cam, Cecil, on and on did a thing wrong. 

So if you have two criminals in a room, one says he didn't murder someone and the other one says "yep, he didn't murder anyone." You're gonna take them at face value??

Why would that be true?  We know State started this whole thing, there isn't a shred of evidence AU, Cam, Cecil, on and on did a thing wrong. 

So if you have two criminals in a room, one says he didn't murder someone and the other one says "yep, he didn't murder anyone." You're gonna take them at face value??

If the MSU coaches corroborate this story, they will have 2 sources saying that Cecil solicited money for Cam.  That will be enough to at least force Cam to sit.

The silence of the SEC, NCAA, and Auburn says alot to me. I said last night, it sounds like they are sitting back and letting these guys dig their own graves. I find it hard to believe that all these compliance departments couldn't have found this info, before now. If they couldn't, then nobody else dang sure could prove it.

I don't know Cecil Newton personally, but he would have to be the biggest idiot in the world to have this take place.

Say the MSU coaches back up this story, this info should have been reported to the SEC office, which should have informed AU prior to the start of the season. I can't believe Cam would have played at all if this was the case.

The NCAA is not going to say anything while an investigation is taking place, neither will the SEC. There's not a lot that Auburn can say at this point. I know, we all want those three to stand up and shout "Auburn is innocent and so is Cam." The NCAA is not going to do that while they are in the process of investigating something. I will feel better if, by this time tomorrow, Cam is still elligible to play.

I have seen Mayor over and over provide useful and TRUTHFUL information for over a year now. Between him, ST and the other mods, I have complete trust in what they say! I also fully believe in Auburn - 100%....

Given that, Mayor WARNED us point blank that this is coming. We need to take him at his word that Auburn had this, the NCAA and SEC knew about this and Cam is STILL PLAYING and that is the key indicator that we need to keep looking at.

War Eagle - believing until the end!

:believe:    :we:

Let me toss this scenario into the mix:

The incident described by Rogers happens.

MSU reports it to the SEC.  The SEC asks for more details on this very serious allegation, one that could affect a top player's eligibility.

Six months lapse.

Don't you think that at some point during that six months, the SEC would contact MSU and say, hey, these are very serious allegations about a specific conversation.  What are you waiting for?

The six-month lapse is the curious thing to me.  I just don't think you can say that the SEC waits for its member schools to reply, not on Slive's watch with Slive's priorities.

Step back and look at this objectively and without bias....It does not look good. Those who say this are not less of a fan or less loyal to Auburn. It's just the truth....

If proven to be true ( the Cecil talking to MSU boosters) that would mean Cam was ineligable for the entire year. Therefore, all games he played in are vacated. Ala UA textbook fiasco. If there were a paper trail to AU boosters, (and I don;t think there will be) look for MAJOR NCAA Sanctions.

If any one is in trouble, it is Miss St.  They have committed a lot of NCAA infractions if all of this is true.  No wonder they were stonewalling the SEC for information until the NCAA got involved.

Only if the NCAA believes them; and given the way they handled it, they have both something to hide and something to gain by the focus shifting to AU.

MSU probably wont agree with his story because that would say that Rogers was helping them recruit.  It puts the coaches with Rogers and with a recruit's parent.  Wouldnt this incriminate MSU?  I think it does..

Ye of little faith.... not true at all if you believe that the SEC spokesman yesterday was telling the truth (ie: that the two conversations reported by Joe Schad had never been reported by MSU) and by MSU's own account, they took 6 months to provide follow up information to the SEC office which was finally received in July. 

So (scenario #1)... if Kenny Rogers' revelations today WERE reported in January or even in July, the SEC, Auburn, and most importantly the NCAA has had them more than long enough to investigate them and to rule on his eligibility. As Jay Jacobs stated very clearly, Cam never would have seen the field if there was one scintilla of evidence they were true.  So, to repeating, if MSU had done the correct thing (assuming what Rogers reported today is true) these charges have already been investigated and found to have no basis in truth.  or,

(Scenario #2)... Rogers said today that in his presence, Cecil Newton told TWO MSU Assistants that it would take between 100K and 180K for MSU to sign him.  Rogers said this conversation took place the night before the MSU/OM game on November 27, 2009, a full month before Cam signed with Auburn.   MSU raised the issue of improprieties in Cam's recruitment in early January.  If the two MSU coaches corroborate his story, it raises two questions: 1) why did they continue to recruit a player who father told them they'd have to buy him?, 2a) Did MSU report this alleged conversation to the SEC (and through them the NCAA) before Cam signed his letter?, 2b) When they made their first complaint to the SEC/NCAA in January?, 2c) When they finally got around to answering the SEC's request for more information in July? (which still begs the question why they waited 7+ months to come forward with the details of what is clearly an illegal solicititation if true.)

From this, I conclude that either the Rogers account as reported this afternoon has been fully investigated (scenario #1) and Cam already cleared (as is implied by Auburn's statements and the fact he's continuing to play), or 2) these are new details which, given the fact that they had not been reported at steps 2a, 2b, or 2c by MSU call their credibility into serious question, a fact that the NCAA cannot overlook.

Mr. Newton has voluntarily provided his financial records to the NCAA.  That tells me a lot.  I trust the leadership of Auburn and our compliance department.   If for whatever reason Auburn announces in the next 36 hours that Cam will not take the field against Georgia, I will be concerned but I seriously doubt that will happen. 

War Eagle! 

I'm not saying it wouldn't be incredibly damaging to MSU to agree with Rogers' account of the story, but if they ask a couple of guys to fall on the sword and say the meeting took place, it will affect Cam's eligibility.

I certainly hope this is all information that the NCAA already had, or that it is completely opposite to information they have, making it dubious.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be incredibly damaging to MSU to agree with Rogers' account of the story, but if they ask a couple of guys to fall on the sword and say the meeting took place, it will affect Cam's eligibility.

I certainly hope this is all information that the NCAA already had, or that it is completely opposite to information they have, making it dubious.

Unless they can prove that Cam's dad was with them and prove what he said then it still doesnt matter.  You need tapes and written documents to prove.  Now if they can pin Cecil there with them then I will not look good, but that still doesnt prove that he asked for money.  Cecil will probably deny this.  This then be a he said/she said argument.

Archived