Listen Now

auclong

He knows what he is talking about... I can guarantee that he is more knowledgeble than any reporter...

No doubt about it. I`ve never been a big fan of him but I respect his history and his knowledge for sure. He`s been down this road.

Summary, if you have time please. Thanks.

Donald has represented numerous athletes in a number of situations including the NCAA and also MSU. As I said, he has been down this road and has won more than he lost. He doesn`t mind and in fact just said that MSU is and has been dirty before. You guys need to be listening for sure.

Can someone please sum up what he is saying? 

He has big problems with this whole process. Says MSU has been dirty before and may be again. Says no reason to sit Cam at this point. The damage either has or hasn`t been done. What if you sit him and he is cleared later on. Unless told to by SEC or NCAA, let him play.

Just my thoughts..Instead of telling someone to go to a radio station why not just post the link?

I did; go to in your search engine to WMSP AM Sports Radio 740 and log on; streaming now.

Can someone please sum up what he is saying? 

He has big problems with this whole process. Says MSU has been dirty before and may be again. Says no reason to sit Cam at this point. The damage either has or hasn`t been done. What if you sit him and he is cleared later on. Unless told to by SEC or NCAA, let him play.

Thanks. I'm in the car and can't get it on my iPhone.  :wedance:

Go to WMSP 740 sports. Attorney Donald Jackson who has been involved in numerous cases is on right now. Very interesting talk.

Donald is on Finebaum show right now. 2:10 PM

Listening :bow:

:dunno:

:beatmullet: Talking about his history of working on various issues working with ath's across the country when dealing with NCAA. He thinks that the enforcement staff would HAVE to be able to prove that Cam received benefits at AU, MSU credibility is totally at stake. He does not think they can connect all the dots that would need to be connected to do that. His take on FBI/MSU is that it is for defrauding the university. Why did they keep recruiting him if it all took place? His bottom line.

:beatmullet: Talking about his history of working on various issues working with ath's across the country when dealing with NCAA. He thinks that the enforcement staff would HAVE to be able to prove that Cam received benefits at AU, MSU credibility is totally at stake. He does not think they can connect all the dots that would need to be connected to do that. His take on FBI/MSU is that it is for defrauding the university. Why did they keep recruiting him if it all took place? His bottom line.

:beatmullet: thank you

TT,

Thats one of the many questions that MSU will have to answer. I believe some of the haters from MSU, while trying derail CN AND AU, have fallen into a unforseen trap. JMO.

:beatmullet: thank you

:beatmullet: You're welcome. ;D

also regarding an NCAA press/news release that soliciting cash for play is a violation of NCAA rules is not true. He just finished a case in which a NY State athlete texted his coach asking for money for something he felt he needed and the coach refused and reported to the NCAA. The ruling on the case was asking for cash is not the same as paying/receiving cash so the player remained elegible. This was Jackson's case.

So there is case law now that states what was recently released form the NCAA's enforcement group is not true.

There may be case law regarding solicitation, but what you described and what Cam is being accused of are two different scenarios and I would bet that the argument for the NY athlete was jus that (that what he did is different than what the NCAA regulations address as solicitation of $$$ = loss of eligibility)  But I havent actually read the case so I do not know.  On the surfce it may appear the same, but I bet as you read more into it you would see the differences. Of course that doesnt mean this guy couldn't get someone off the hook for soliciting $.  I hear he is mighty good.  But on to what I really wanted to say, I am in complete agreement that MSU is digging a mighty big hole for themselves.  Mullen originally stated that they quit recruiting Cam when these allegations surface.  Now we all know that is not true.  They recruited him all the way up till signing day.  MSU's best course of action is to distance themselves as much as possible from Rogers and Bond.  Their best course of action would be to play up that they have no knowledge of Cam or Cecil soliciting money, that Rogers was acting on his own, going rogue.  I think that hole they have been digging is about to collapse on them.  That notion that they took the high road shouldnt fool anybody.  Anybody who is paying attention that is, or isnt blinded by Cam-envy.

Archived