RUMOR: Richt lawsuit rumors???

AUTigressPen

I heard from a friend last night that there is a rumor all over Birmingham that Mark Richt either has or plans to file a lawsuit against Nick Fairley for injuring his QB in the game with us.  This person said that she had heard it from multiple sources. 

Has anyone heard anything about this?  If so, do you know if it is true?  I can see a suit like this opening a whole new can of worms in college football. 

I have searched the web, but I have found nothing in the regard. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think "Can of Worms"  is an understatement.  Richt would look like a total fool and whinning Baby.  Now if Nick had a pair of Brass knuckles hidden and used them, Maybe.  

I heard from a friend last night that there is a rumor all over Birmingham that Mark Richt either has or plans to file a lawsuit against Nick Fairley for injuring his QB in the game with us.  This person said that she had heard it from multiple sources.

Not true, not possible

I'm on this message board, here on a very important week trying to defend something that's garbage

totally not true. he would have had to do something that constitutes assault.  It is not inprecidented for a lawsuit to be filed for something that happened on the field, but Fairley did nothing that he can be sued for.  He would have had to stomp on someone in the very least...

I hear he may file a suit against Auburn University in general -- for stealing his manhood.

He didn't have any to steal.

Good point.  We'll have to call it attempted robbery

This did bring up a thought.  Anyone think Mr. Fairley might be in McElroy's head just a tad?  Is Nicky whispering to him "Don't you worry Greggy, out Olone will keep that big bad man away from you" .

:zapbama:

Make fun if you want to guys, but remember, I am one of you...in a BIG way!!!  I promised my friend last night as she went to bed to get up early today, that I would check it out for her.  Since I couldn't find it anyplace, I decided to go to the "experts at large".

I should have mentioned in my original post that I didn't believe it either.  I am not that easily taken in.  I was just doing a favor for a friend.  

She heard it from her sister's friend, who lives in Birmingham.  She has a suite at Jordan Hare and goes to all the games.....why not in such comfort???  She heard it from multiple sources and was upset.  I told her if he did try such a thing, is would probably get thrown out of court.  You never know about Richt, after all he has said and all the Georgia fans have said & done since our game with them.  

Personally, I am ready to get on with the Iron Bowl Friday.  WDE!!!

:wareagle::zapbama::wareagle::zapbama::wareagle::zapbama::wareagle::zapbama::wareagle::zapbama:

AND FINALLY.... :tdau: :tdau: :tdau: :tdau: :tdau:  ABOUT A DOZEN TIMES!!!!

I don't think that can happen...and Fairley's hit that hurt Murray was not intentional..he was blocked into him.

I say let him try it...he will end up looking like more of a fool than he already does.  An embattled coach of a team in the throws of a losing season grasping at his last straws.....

I say Bring it!

Archived