What is going through Marcus Lattimore's head?

trout54

Marcus Lattimore is a class act. He chose to play football in his home state so his family can see him play regularly. It is an honor that Auburn had a shot at the nation's top 2 backs and we got one them. Not bad for a team who is about to play in their first BCS Championship.

Does his family not have televisions? I mean...I'm sorry I'm being a little bit of a jerk here, but that's honestly what I thought when I first heard this when he committed to them. If I have a scholarship to play at Florida State, but my momma lives in Florence, AL and can't travel....I can promise you I'm not going to UNA so she can tootle over to see me in person. Momma can get cable.

As a Mom I respect his decision to stay close to his family.  I think his Mom should have been gracious and not responded as she did.  GRITS know when to keep their mouths shut! :-X

I agree! He may be a class act, but his mother most definitely is not. She should have kept her mouth shut. That comment about Coach Luper was evil.  >:(

Marcus Lattimore is a class act. He chose to play football in his home state so his family can see him play regularly. It is an honor that Auburn had a shot at the nation's top 2 backs and we got one them. Not bad for a team who is about to play in their first BCS Championship.

Does his family not have televisions? I mean...I'm sorry I'm being a little bit of a jerk here, but that's honestly what I thought when I first heard this when he committed to them. If I have a scholarship to play at Florida State, but my momma lives in Florence, AL and can't travel....I can promise you I'm not going to UNA so she can tootle over to see me in person. Momma can get cable.

See this is why I like The Mayor, honesty with no sugar-coating. Well done sir.  :thumbsup::bow: :bow:

Guest midnight

Oh if he could turn back time, $1 to his momma, thayer evans and Cher. :beatmullet::hellyeah:

not trying to be rude but us making fun of other teams player being dejected is the same thing bammers did to tebow in 09, we do not want to become like bammers

Agree.  He will do great things at SC.  I would love to have had him with Dyer, but wish him the best.

I think Marcus will have a great career at USCe. However, the one thing I would consider is him averaging 30+ carries every game for at least three years before he gets paid to do it in the NFL.  Might he have still been drafted high splitting carries with less wear and tear for a position that seems tonshorten careers in the pros. 

Archived