NBC and CBS tell DNC to pull ad

DKW 86

Link

NBC released a statement Tuesday afternoon. "The Democratic National Committee (DNC) has included an edited excerpt from a Meet the Press interview with President Bush that was broadcast on February 8, 2004 as part of their promotional campaign to be used as a web video and shown in battleground states. NBC News does not authorize its copyrighted footage to be used for partisan political purposes. NBC News did not, and does not, license use of our material for these purposes and we have asked the DNC to cease and desist immediately from using the excerpt."

CBS spokeswoman Sandy Genelius told THE WEEKLY STANDARD late Tuesday afternoon that CBS, like NBC, will demand that the Democratic National Committee stop using CBS News footage in the new ad. "We do not want them to use the video and we are taking it up with them," said Genelius

Didn't the RNC distribute a "Hardball" video segment where they (the RNC) cropped Kerry's response to a question, making it appear he said something that he really didn't?

Didn't the RNC distribute a "Hardball" video segment where they (the RNC) cropped Kerry's response to a question, making it appear he said something that he really didn't?

What has that got to do with NBC and CBS? And what has that got to do with this thread anyway?

If Hardball is offended, they can get it stopped or maybe they already have, who knows?

Still dont see what this had to do with the thread tho....

What has that got to do with NBC and CBS? And what has that got to do with this thread anyway?

If Hardball is offended, they can get it stopped or maybe they already have, who knows?

Still dont see what this had to do with the thread tho....

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. You've said so yourself many times. Shall I show you?

Just asked you to stay on topic for a change.

OK, I'll bite...what was the purpose of your post? What would you like to discuss about this?

Nothing more than the DNC is breaking rules set forth by two different networks in advertising and how the DNC is willing to get on the wrong side of this, this year by being desperate.

Nothing more than the DNC is breaking rules set forth by two different networks in advertising and how the DNC is willing to get on the wrong side of this, this year by being desperate.

The DNC should've gotten copyright permission to use the video or not used it.

I wonder if you were equally upset when the RNC broke the rules set forth by MSNBC by using unauthorized copyrighted video from 'Hardball' in one of its' videos and even take it one step further by editing John Kerry's entire comment in an attempt to make it look like he said something which he did not? Was the RNC willing to get on the wrong side of this due to their desperation?

slightly off topic, or maybe not:

alan colmes is the master of the 'goose & gander' line of reasoning/argument, IMO.

i heard just a tidbit of this coming home from a church board meeting last night. i heard an audio of the ad, in fact, and i imagine this will blossom into something like the swiftboat ads did, where the ad itself is news, and therefore will get plenty of airtime.

DODGE AND DEFLECT, DODGE AND DEFLECT. Just like our master sKerry, we will never answer a question directly. We will DODGE AND DEFLECT!

What about when Bush one time accidentally hit the wrong button on the remote and tuned in to CNN? Didn't Foxnews get REALLY upset?

Archived