Rumor out of Pensacola?

stryker

i usually stay away from these discussions(i dont know if this is even true but if so), i do condem a 20year old with no income, health ins, and presumably no wife having fathered 3 children. call me judgemental i dont care. i dont care if the kid is a cfb player or a street thug he is creating responsibilities for other people to deal with. i could have very well fathered a child at that age and was lucky i didnt, but for the love of god and learning from the past, im 100% certain it wouldnt have happened 2x much less 3x. there is some serious disregard for child well being and not just financially. i would say the same if it was an auburn player or a childhood freind.

I agree with this. I also would include the baby mama(s) in the irresponsibility category because he didn't make those babies by himself.

I just hope Trent makes it to the NFL, and has a strong career there, and manages his money well because it will take close to a million dollars to raise 3 kids in this day and time. And he's young enough to father more children, and probably will. I also hope he gets some kind of degree in case football doesn't pan out and that the baby Mama(s) is getting some kind of education too. For those kids sake I hope they have some kind of plan besides football.

It never ceases to amaze me how far off topic this board can get. May we please stop the moral judgement and get back to my original question; does anyone know what was in the post on Rivals?

Boy that was a lot of reading about Family Planning to eventually fiind out nothing juicy about the original polst.  Maybe we should change the name to "Trojans for Trent"!!!  LOL.

:tease:

If there is any real info out there please post.  TIA.

You need to understand the climate that these kids are in nowadays.  Someone I know was the "foster parent" of a very talented D1/SEC football player (not Auburn).  This person stated the player when he was in HS would get texts at all hours stating basically come and get me Im waiting from these "young ladies".  Thats alot for a young man to turn down...

So back to the OP...

Is this the reason TR thanked UAT for, "everything they had done for his family", when he commited?

I thought that statement raised a red flag the first time I heard it...

http://recruitocosm.fantake.com/2010/12/10/street-agents-in-texas-some-new-competition-for-will-lyles/

May have something to do with Street Agents in Texas (Remember Lache)...  Will Lyles (Street Agent)...  Where did the first Badgersports national 7-on-7 tournament take place? Tuscaloosa, of all places, in 2009. Things went so well it was held there again this year. While it’s against NCAA rules for a university to host kids on an official visit while participating in one of these tournaments, the school’s facilities serve as a weekend-long pitch to become the next Marcel Dareus or Trent Richardson.

How does this reconcile with the Sabanista attack on street agents this past summer and the ensuing “conference call” among college and NFL power brokers?

SwimTexas said: December 10th, 2010 at 11:35 am

I remember when Trent Richardson went to Alabama and the rumors were flying about cash and street agents and I thought “in 2 years, someone will know about this and it will be Reggie Bush part II” Well, here we are, and nothing.

I thought the Bush thing would open the pandoras box and all the fungus growing in the dark would be killed by the light of the ambitious reporter wanting the next Reggie Bush story. If this keeps being ignored, it will grow until college football is just nasty. I hope UT doesn’t get involved in this stuff. But if it keeps growing, can we win without it?

When someone is guilty of something, they are usually the ones squawking the loudest. Examples of this are Bill Clinton, Kenny Rodgers, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyer.

interesting article, but this quote is what caught my eye.

"The pay to play system has plausible deniability built in for all participants. You’re only now hearing about the Son of a Preacher Man scandal because a disgruntled QB prospect that didn’t get paid and others like Urban Meyer had axes to grind."

Is that 2 different issues run together, or have I missed something here? I haven't heard anything, anywhere about a disgruntled QB prospect not getting paid. Is the author saying a former QB prospect was mad at AU for not getting paid, and turned them in, or is he speaking of another school and situation?

My first thought was another school, probable at MSU, not sure who they were recruiting besides Cam at QB.. the other thought I had was Starr J. and that is why Alabama started the Smear Campaign...

interesting article, but this quote is what caught my eye.

"The pay to play system has plausible deniability built in for all participants. You’re only now hearing about the Son of a Preacher Man scandal because a disgruntled QB prospect that didn’t get paid and others like Urban Meyer had axes to grind."

Is that 2 different issues run together, or have I missed something here? I haven't heard anything, anywhere about a disgruntled QB prospect not getting paid. Is the author saying a former QB prospect was mad at AU for not getting paid, and turned them in, or is he speaking of another school and situation?

i usually stay away from these discussions(i dont know if this is even true but if so), i do condem a 20year old with no income, health ins, and presumably no wife having fathered 3 children. call me judgemental i dont care. i dont care if the kid is a cfb player or a street thug he is creating responsibilities for other people to deal with. i could have very well fathered a child at that age and was lucky i didnt, but for the love of god and learning from the past, im 100% certain it wouldnt have happened 2x much less 3x. there is some serious disregard for child well being and not just financially. i would say the same if it was an auburn player or a childhood freind.

I agree with this. I also would include the baby mama(s) in the irresponsibility category because he didn't make those babies by himself.

I just hope Trent makes it to the NFL, and has a strong career there, and manages his money well because it will take close to a million dollars to raise 3 kids in this day and time. And he's young enough to father more children, and probably will. I also hope he gets some kind of degree in case football doesn't pan out and that the baby Mama(s) is getting some kind of education too. For those kids sake I hope they have some kind of plan besides football.

Ya'll are talking my area of expertise.  I work in child support for the dept of human resources.  this is pretty much what I see every day.  Granted, it is not my cases, but kids are getting younger and younger and having more and more children.  There are many who have no way of supporting these children.  There are many that do.  Ansd having children that you have no means of supporting is not an issue that is exclusive to young parents. But let me tell you, I have found that many of the younger fathers are at least involved int he lives of their children.  I think this is because generally, the grandparents are involved heavily in the care of the child.  I wont say which dhr i work at, but I live in AUburn so you know it is in the area. Kids are having kids nowdays.  Times have changed.  I blame tv.

Archived