If next years class is supposed to be so talented

amsterjam

Why are we talking about greyshirting recruits who are further down our board? Shouldn't we save those spots for next years class. With all the hype about the 2012 class coupled with this years BCSNC I would think we would want as much room as we can get for next year. :dunno:

I really don't think we end up with any greyshirts outside of the kicker and longsnapper.  Unless we have someone out of the blue commit.  We had academic causalities last year and odds are some will occur this year.  But we will have to see.

Will we be at our full allotment of 85 shollies after this signing class or will we still be short? Also, if not, can we reward some of the walkons such as Burgess to get to 85?

Why are we talking about greyshirting recruits who are further down our board? Shouldn't we save those spots for next years class. With all the hype about the 2012 class coupled with this years BCSNC I would think we would want as much room as we can get for next year. :dunno:

To answer your question best...next year's seniors was Tubs last full class and he completely dropped the ball on that class so we still have to build depth because of it. That is why the coaches take as many players as they can.

Will we be at our full allotment of 85 shollies after this signing class or will we still be short? Also, if not, can we reward some of the walkons such as Burgess to get to 85?

1. No. We are short about 2 or 3. 2. Yes. We gave a few schollys to walk ons last season.

To answer your question best...next year's seniors was Tubs last full class and he completely dropped the ball on that class so we still have to build depth because of it. That is why the coaches take as many players as they can.

With the limited #s we have for next year why would we consider giving one of those spots to a long snapper? I'm sure he is a good LS but wouldn't we rather save that spot?

1. No. We are short about 2 or 3. 2. Yes. We gave a few schollys to walk ons last season.

CGC has been good about giving open scholarships to deserving walk-ons!  It is great when they are seniors because when they graduate the scholarship becomes available for next years recruiting class.

With the limited #s we have for next year why would we consider giving one of those spots to a long snapper? I'm sure he is a good LS but wouldn't we rather save that spot?

Who said anything about giving a scholly to a long snapper? I missed that

Who said anything about giving a scholly to a long snapper? I missed that

Someone mentioned Kyle Crofoot being a possible greyshirt in the Ellis J thread and it kind of threw me for a loop.

CGC has been good about giving open scholarships to deserving walk-ons!  It is great when they are seniors because when they graduate the scholarship becomes available for next years recruiting class.

^^This^^.  If they are seniors and are given open schollys then: 1) They have MORE than earned it and 2) Those scholly's are available for the next year.

I was under the impression that both Crofoot and Ellis were invited walk-ons, not part of this classes numbers.  They would have to play for two years before a scholarship can be offered I believe.  They wouldn't have to greyshirt.

I was under the impression that both Crofoot and Ellis were invited walk-ons, not part of this classes numbers.  They would have to play for two years before a scholarship can be offered I believe.  They wouldn't have to greyshirt.

Ahh that's what I was looking for. Thanks for clearing that up.

I read that somewhere also. So Gavin Rocker may be the only greyshirt? And what needs would we have for next years crop? 

Archived