Question about LSU

BamaGrad03

See Miami - Left Gore (2 blown acls) and Berlin in the third quarter up 34-0

i see your point about the offense not clicking and wanting to get some experience. i think the argument is that bama doesnt have the depth of a miami and cannot afford to lose thier best player in a situation like that.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bg, why would you ask such a question? Even YOU know the answer to this one.

I don't even give your bunch much of a chance against the Hogs. (And that was WITH a healthy skinny kid at qb) :rolleyes::D

Just curious now that you guys have gotten a chance to see LSU first hand...do you think Alabama has a chance to handle em in baton rouge?

By then Guillon will have a bunch of games under his belt and our freshmen wont be freshmen anymore...

After what you saw yesterday, what do you guys think the odds are that LSU goes 0-2 against the state of alabama this year?

I think that LSU's defensive front will harass your new QB too much...his lack of experience won't allow him to make the plays necessary to overcome it. With Brodie, I might have said yes. Without him, I think you should be happy if they keep it respectable. Maybe you guys will change my mind over the next few weeks, but right now, I'd have to say that LSU should beat you guys by 2 TDs or more.

I'm just glad we play LSU in November, and not next week.

Just curious now that you guys have gotten a chance to see LSU first hand...do you think Alabama has a chance to handle em in baton rouge?

By then Guillon will have a bunch of games under his belt and our freshmen wont be freshmen anymore...

After what you saw yesterday, what do you guys think the odds are that LSU goes 0-2 against the state of alabama this year?

I think that LSU's defensive front will harass your new QB too much...his lack of experience won't allow him to make the plays necessary to overcome it. With Brodie, I might have said yes. Without him, I think you should be happy if they keep it respectable. Maybe you guys will change my mind over the next few weeks, but right now, I'd have to say that LSU should beat you guys by 2 TDs or more.

Has LSU scored 2 tds in one game yet? ;)

Do you think AU's defense with the all new front seven is THAT much better than alabama's?

And Brodie wasn't in the game 'so long'...he was in the game for the first series of the second half.

I mean why did he even play against WCU? We could have beaten them with Ray Hudson at QB. So technically when he walked on the field for the first snap...it was already shula's fault. The game was in hand before they ever got off the plane...so why play him at all? Because he needed the reps...and in the second half...he still needed the reps. It was the right call. If he pulled him early and our offense looked like crap next week...it would have been shula's fault too.

Sorry BF, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but: 

1.  No chance. 

2.  I've seen wishful thinking before but this really takes the cake. 

3.  Osama bin Laden has a greater chance of getting elected President this November.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shouldn't you be trying to find an extra point kicker? ;)

Shouldn't you be trying to find a QB??? ;)

Done. Case of the winners choice. Shipped to their door.

But if LSU doesnt cover...I win...if bama wins, I should get something EXTRA.

Deal. If LSU covers the spread against 'bama, I get a case of beer of my choice delivered to my door...If LSU doesn't cover, you get a case of beer of your choice delivered to your door.

Now, if you want an extra for if 'bama wins, I'll throw in a 1/5 of Grey Goose. However, I think it would be fair if LSU holds 'bama to less than 10 points that you add a little something.

Done. Case of the winners choice. Shipped to their door.

But if LSU doesnt cover...I win...if bama wins, I should get something EXTRA.

Deal. If LSU covers the spread against 'bama, I get a case of beer of my choice delivered to my door...If LSU doesn't cover, you get a case of beer of your choice delivered to your door.

Now, if you want an extra for if 'bama wins, I'll throw in a 1/5 of Grey Goose. However, I think it would be fair if LSU holds 'bama to less than 10 points that you add a little something.

If bama doesnt score 10, ill send you a 1/5 of gg.

This question is going to be decided by the development, or lack thereof, of the respective QB's. BG brings up a great point about LSU's offense not scoring much against OSU or AU. I've said all along that Jamarcus Russell is a stud. If Saban gives him the team and turns him loose, he's gonna be scary once he adjusts to the speed of the game. If he keeps this two headed QB system going, LSU will continue to struggle offensively. Bama is fast and very aggressive on defense and they will definitely keep their team in the game if Saban doesn't name a starter and let him run the team.

bg, to answer your question, YES...AU's "D" is THAT MUCH better than uat's.

Not a snowball's chance in the New Mexico desert.....

Sorry, BG. I really think that it would take an awfull game by LS_Who for Bamar to win...though I will be pulling for you in that one! <_<

Do you think AU's defense with the all new front seven is THAT much better than alabama's?

Well............YEAH!!!!!!!!

Come on bg you really have to be kidding yourself....maybe before Brodie went down but not now definately not now...

When pigs learn to fly! LSU will eat bammer's lunch with gusto! Sorry, but Bammer isn't in the same class with this bunch this year without Brodie. He coulde have perhaps made a difference, although I'm not sure how much! ;)

You're kidding right? Please tell me you are kidding. :o

Come on bg you really have to be kidding yourself....maybe before Brodie went down but not now definately not now...

What the heck has BC ever done that peopel make him to be that big of a difference? Good? yes. Great? No. Even with BC UAT losses by at least 10-14 points.

Come on bg you really have to be kidding yourself....maybe before Brodie went down but not now  definately not now...

What the heck has BC ever done that peopel make him to be that big of a difference? Good? yes. Great? No. Even with BC UAT losses by at least 10-14 points.

You didnt see any of the bama games this year. Brodie has made enough passes already this season to show he has an exceptional talent.

Come on bg you really have to be kidding yourself....maybe before Brodie went down but not now  definately not now...

You didnt see any of the bama games this year. Brodie has made enough passes already this season to show he has an exceptional talent.

Against which teams? :poke:

I dont care if its against tackling dummies, if you throw a ball 64 yards in the air and hit a guy in strid across the middle of the field its impressive.

If you are rolling right and hit a guy on a 21 yard OUT pattern on a rope with a guy right behind him, you are pretty talented.

I dont care if its against tackling dummies, if you throw a ball 64 yards in the air and hit a guy in strid across the middle of the field its impressive.

If you are rolling right and hit a guy on a 21 yard OUT pattern on a rope with a guy right behind him, you are pretty talented.

I think that the level of competition is very important when judging a player's talent. Lots of QBs can throw pretty passes against nobody teams. How does he perform against real competition? Well, unfortunately, you just won't know the answer to that this year.

I still don't agree with Croyle even being in the game. Yes, I know we've heard they need to get their timing down, they need the reps, blah, blah, blah. But Croyle has shown his fragility since the second game of his senior year in HS. I believe I'm right in saying he was injured in that game and did not play his senior year. His frosh year he played only in mop up duty behind Watts. Then last year he play almost the whole year with a seperated shoulder. Now this.

Timing and reps is fine, but that is what practice is for. When your up 31 points, the game is in control. It's time to build depth and give the backups some lessons in timing and reps. Especially at QB. Every team needs an experienced (as much as possible) second QB for situations just like bammer is in now.

I still say he should have been sitting on the sideline, or have his baseball cap on and advising and teaching the second QB. He had already proved his worth this game, let someone else shine.

I still don't agree with Croyle even being in the game. Yes, I know we've heard they need to get their timing down, they need the reps, blah, blah, blah. But Croyle has shown his fragility since the second game of his senior year in HS. I believe I'm right in saying he was injured in that game and did not play his senior year. His frosh year he played only in mop up duty behind Watts. Then last year he play almost the whole year with a seperated shoulder. Now this.

Timing and reps is fine, but that is what practice is for. When your up 31 points, the game is in control. It's time to build depth and give the backups some lessons in timing and reps. Especially at QB. Every team needs an experienced (as much as possible) second QB for situations just like bammer is in now.

I still say he should have been sitting on the sideline, or have his baseball cap on and advising and teaching the second QB. He had already proved his worth this game, let someone else shine.

Per your argument then...Shula was an idiot for even playing brodie in the first quarter...right?

We could have won with anyone at QB.

Archived