The Numbers

Lint

Frankly, I think the NCAA should just say 25 and deal with it.  That wouldn't keep the other place from suddenly discovering that kids have medical disabilities, but it would prevent the rare cases like LSU's, where a kid literally got cut.  That way, schools would look very carefully at whether recruits would actually arrive.

I was in Thailand, leading a group of theological students on a study tour.  Never been USAF or any other military, though I know folk who were stationed there.

I would be "all in" for this.  As long as you control carefully to make sure schools aren't "getting around" the 25-a-year limit, you don't need the 85 overall limit. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitehead- He would probably love to be a tiger, but do we really need another db? I say he ends up in starkville as their biggest signing and not in Auburn as one of 4 great freshman db's. Too much competition here when he could step in elsewhere and start.

CK- i love optimism but some of you guys need to get real, he's going to bama to be with his brother. Troop and Loop probably gave him all they had this weekend but his mind's made up. We had a stellar O-line class last year and are bringing another one in currently. He's great, but no big deal in the long run.

Florence- why hasn't this kid committed yet? I still think he's AU but don't be surprised if he lands in Turdville just to run the Saban meat grinder, it would truly be a shame. i'm worried bc a kid who "bleeds orange and blue" as ppl like to describe him as would buy-in early and help recruit (check Reese Dismukes if this confuses you)- this hasn't been Florence. Fingers crossed i guess.

Collins- again, no real reason to come to the plains. Way too much wishful thinking has been wasted on this guy, he's all purple and gold

-We could sign no one else at this point and still have an incredible class. We addressed our needs at O-line, defensive back, and linebacker positions. We're golden, stop fooling people with CK and Collins predictions that we all know won't come true... it's a tease to people who don't keep up with any information except for what they read on here. WDE!!!

Whitehead- He would probably love to be a tiger, but do we really need another db? I say he ends up in starkville as their biggest signing and not in Auburn as one of 4 great freshman db's. Too much competition here when he could step in elsewhere and start. Whitehead would most likely start out at WR for AU.

CK- i love optimism but some of you guys need to get real, he's going to bama to be with his brother. Troop and Loop probably gave him all they had this weekend but his mind's made up. We had a stellar O-line class last year and are bringing another one in currently. He's great, but no big deal in the long run. Not so fast my friend. He wants to major in Architecture and guess who has that program(top notch,btw) and guess who doesn't. His mind isn't made up or he wouldn't have even bothered to show up this weekend, a la Roberson.

Florence- why hasn't this kid committed yet? I still think he's AU but don't be surprised if he lands in Turdville just to run the Saban meat grinder, it would truly be a shame. i'm worried bc a kid who "bleeds orange and blue" as ppl like to describe him as would buy-in early and help recruit (check Reese Dismukes if this confuses you)- this hasn't been Florence. Fingers crossed i guess. He has skipped numerous visits to the crapstone to help recruit other prospects at AU. He was our first silent commit and has known where he's going(AU) during the entire recruiting process.

Collins- again, no real reason to come to the plains. Way too much wishful thinking has been wasted on this guy, he's all purple and gold. Shhhhh.....I guess we'll see

-We could sign no one else at this point and still have an incredible class. We addressed our needs at O-line, defensive back, and linebacker positions. We're golden, stop fooling people with CK and Collins predictions that we all know won't come true... it's a tease to people who don't keep up with any information except for what they read on here. WDE!!!

Stop fooling and quit teasing people?  :rolleyes: Ok then....  :laugh:  I'm guessing you think Marcus Roberson will sign with Texas Tech too...

Whitehead- He would probably love to be a tiger, but do we really need another db? I say he ends up in starkville as their biggest signing and not in Auburn as one of 4 great freshman db's. Too much competition here when he could step in elsewhere and start. Whitehead would most likely start out at WR for AU.

CK- i love optimism but some of you guys need to get real, he's going to bama to be with his brother. Troop and Loop probably gave him all they had this weekend but his mind's made up. We had a stellar O-line class last year and are bringing another one in currently. He's great, but no big deal in the long run. Not so fast my friend. He wants to major in Architecture and guess who has that program(top notch,btw) and guess who doesn't. His mind isn't made up or he wouldn't have even bothered to show up this weekend, a la Roberson.

Florence- why hasn't this kid committed yet? I still think he's AU but don't be surprised if he lands in Turdville just to run the Saban meat grinder, it would truly be a shame. i'm worried bc a kid who "bleeds orange and blue" as ppl like to describe him as would buy-in early and help recruit (check Reese Dismukes if this confuses you)- this hasn't been Florence. Fingers crossed i guess. He has skipped numerous visits to the crapstone to help recruit other prospects at AU. He was our first silent commit and has known where he's going(AU) during the entire recruiting process.

Collins- again, no real reason to come to the plains. Way too much wishful thinking has been wasted on this guy, he's all purple and gold. Shhhhh.....I guess we'll see

Stop fooling and quit teasing people?  :rolleyes: Ok then....  :laugh:  I'm guessing you think Marcus Roberson will sign with Texas Tech too...

Thank you Prowl  :bow:

Whitehead- He would probably love to be a tiger, but do we really need another db? I say he ends up in starkville as their biggest signing and not in Auburn as one of 4 great freshman db's. Too much competition here when he could step in elsewhere and start.

CK- i love optimism but some of you guys need to get real, he's going to bama to be with his brother. Troop and Loop probably gave him all they had this weekend but his mind's made up. We had a stellar O-line class last year and are bringing another one in currently. He's great, but no big deal in the long run.

Florence- why hasn't this kid committed yet? I still think he's AU but don't be surprised if he lands in Turdville just to run the Saban meat grinder, it would truly be a shame. i'm worried bc a kid who "bleeds orange and blue" as ppl like to describe him as would buy-in early and help recruit (check Reese Dismukes if this confuses you)- this hasn't been Florence. Fingers crossed i guess.

Collins- again, no real reason to come to the plains. Way too much wishful thinking has been wasted on this guy, he's all purple and gold

Another low post count pessimist poster...

Seems to be an epidemic in the land... :)

I know my post count is relatively low, so I can't really talk, but you have to admire this guy/girl telling everyone on this site that they are wrong on his/her 3 post....I've learned two things in the past few years:

1)  Don't ever count our coaches out on ANY recruit that has interest in our program, and

2)  A lot of people on this site (mods, VIP, etc.) know a lot more than me

Thank you Prowl  :bow:

No problem buddy! War eagle!!

debbie_downer.jpg

:laugh:

Talk about correcting him/her on the spot!

I wouldn't have been so quick to reply if not for the "fooling and teasing people who don't keep up with information except for what they read on here" part, like AE is full of total nonsense. I am very protective in nature. War Eagle!!

Another low post count pessimist poster...

Seems to be an epidemic in the land... :)

All that means is he wasn't as lucky as the rest of us in finding this site earlier.  Put away the pitch forks...and yes, you can keep the torches.  :we:

That was a very reasoned, well thought out post. MOTION DENIED!

Hey Phigambydamn, That's one heck of a username, bit of a tounge twister, anyway Hope springs eternal.  This whole prognosticating thing is a lot of fun and we will probably see a few suprises come NSD.  Some good, some not so good but that's the fun of it all. So hang in there with us. ST, AUQBDAD, Jonsey, Mayor, and a bunch of others I don't mean to offend may suprise you. :believe::wareagle:

I know my post count is relatively low, so I can't really talk, but you have to admire this guy/girl telling everyone on this site that they are wrong on his/her 3 post....I've learned two things in the past few years:

1)  Don't ever count our coaches out on ANY recruit that has interest in our program, and

2)  A lot of people on this site (mods, VIP, etc.) know a lot more than me

crawftw, please step down from your high horse, I believe posting on subjects that one is actually knowledgeable about is important (i.e. please excuse my low post count), and I'm not discounting our staff in any way. Chiz could get on here and post once and I hope his opinion wouldn't be thrown out bc it was his first, I could be Trooper Taylor for all you know. I love this site! my point yesterday was that some people choose to comment on everything that crosses their eyes and are completely unrealistic, which is perfectly fine on a message board, just keep in mind that from time to time this waters down outside opinions. I'm just being realistic when I say we're obviously not going to sign all of these guys. From todays news I'd say only Whitehead and Florence are locks. Again, we have a great class, I just don't think every un-committed rivals 100 prospect is coming to AU (haha that's a joke, loosen up). I've kept up with this site for over a year, so no I'm not a "newb" for whoever chose to comment on that. And for the "I probably think MR is signing with tech too" reply, breaking news, he's not signing with us either. WDE (again)!

Archived