The Numbers

Lint

So with us at 23 with an amazing class, we sure are in the hunt to keep the train rolling...

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

who makes it, who doesn't.  Not to be negative, but everyone sorta knows the possibility of what Fanning's immediate future probably holds.

WDE!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with us at 23 with an amazing class, we sure are in the hunt to keep the train rolling...

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

who makes it, who doesn't.   Not to be negative, but everyone sorta knows the possibility of what Fanning's immediate future probably holds.

WDE!

We can't take 29 because of the SEC's Houston Nutt Rule, which only allows for the max of 28.

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

who makes it, who doesn't.   Not to be negative, but everyone sorta knows the possibility of what Fanning's immediate future probably holds.

WDE!

We can't take 27 because of the SEC's Houston Nutt Rule, which only allows for the max of 28.

so Fanning is odd man out at this point..IF all the listed players wanted to come?

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

WDE!

We can't take 29 because of the SEC's Houston Nutt Rule, which only allows for the max of 28.

so Fanning is odd man out at this point..IF all the listed players wanted to come?

I have no idea which one would not make it.

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

WDE!

I have no idea which one would not make it.

Of course.  Only a handful of people would know that.  Nice predicament to be in for the AU staff.

..and I thought we weren't closing strong enough.. :laugh:

I would say Florence, Wright, and Cyrus (if he commits). That would be 26. I have no idea if anyone has grade problems. The coaching staff usually doesn't go after kids that couldn't make it in.

I think we get Florence, Wright, CK, Whitehead, and Richardson if we go to 28.  There's talk of Therezie being linked to Bama?  IF that's true (and I'm not really even listening to it...that's just the only one of our present commits that I've even heard of being associated with other schools at this point), then we could either stop at 27 or try swinging Fanning.

I always personally thought we'd go with 27...now I keep reading about 28 everywhere...guess this goes back to the whole "we really don't know what's going on as fans" approach I've always kinda lived by.  The good thing this year, is AUQBDAD being around to clear things up.  Maybe he knows if we go 27 or 28...?  I feel pretty solid about us signing everyone committed, plus Florence, Wright, CK, and Whitehead or Richardson...that's 27.  If we go to 28, I think we sign all mentioned other than Fanning.  I just don't see Fanning being as high a priority as the others.  Just my opinion of course...

I think we get Florence, Wright, CK, Whitehead, and Richardson if we go to 28.  There's talk of Therezie being linked to Bama?  IF that's true (and I'm not really even listening to it...that's just the only one of our present commits that I've even heard of being associated with other schools at this point), then we could either stop at 27 or try swinging Fanning.

I always personally thought we'd go with 27...now I keep reading about 28 everywhere...guess this goes back to the whole "we really don't know what's going on as fans" approach I've always kinda lived by.  The good thing this year, is AUQBDAD being around to clear things up.  Maybe he knows if we go 27 or 28...?  I feel pretty solid about us signing everyone committed, plus Florence, Wright, CK, and Whitehead or Richardson...that's 27.  If we go to 28, I think we sign all mentioned other than Fanning.  I just don't see Fanning being as high a priority as the others.  Just my opinion of course...

I'll believe CK when I see it..Richardson even less believable.  of course, I'll put nothing past this staff.  These guys can haul em in. WDE!

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

WDE!

We will take three of the players on that list, possibly four. No idea on who might or might not qualify.

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

WDE!

We will take three of the players on that list, possibly four. No idea on who might or might not qualify.

Florence, Wright, CK, and Whitehead

Oversigning has nothing to do with how many players you sign on NSD, just how many of your 85 scholarships are available.

So we are now supporting over signing when Auburn does it?

As long as we have a scholarship available for every player that signs a LOI and enrolls at AU then I am fine with it.  Oversigning doesn't always involve forcing players out, forcing grayshirts, and/or not renewing scholarships.

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

WDE!

Florence, Wright, CK, and Whitehead

Actually, my guess is that we'll get Florence, Wright, Kouandjio, and maybe Fanning or Richardson. I think Whitehead was the backup for Roberson, and his committal assures either MSU or Ole Miss will get Jermaine.

25 is relevant.  If you sign 27 and can't bring them all in, you've oversigned.

We signed 27 last year (not counting the 5 that counted to 2009s class) and lost 2 to attrition in Coleman and J Rich. So I do not understand the griping about it this year. We are not even at 85 yet so we could greyshirt one or 2 and add them next January or sign and place a kid and have a leg up on getting him in a future year when he is elligable.

While that's technically true, the broadly discussed issue of oversigning refers to signing more players in a class than you have open scholarship spots on your roster for -- resulting in finding a way to cut current players from your team.

Oversigning in relation to your 25 available yearly slots is handled in advance by either knowing that some of the players you sign won't qualify or warning some of your potential signees that they may have to accept a grayshirt.

I agree that signing more than 25 is "oversigning," but it does not necessarily involve players that are already on your roster.

So we are now supporting over signing when Auburn does it?

:puttingfaceinpalms:  Guys, Really?!  As much as this topic has been beaten to death lately, we still don't even have a grasp of what oversigning actually is? Come on guys...  The NCAA allows you to sign 28 in any given year and give out 25 schollys. That is standard procedure because of kids that won't qualify and that gives schools some wiggle room for kids that won't qualify. When you can give out 25 schollys and still be under the 85 limit, it ISN'T oversigning. That is where we are. It is oversigning when you sign more players in a class, than you have room for in the overall 85 scholly limit. 

We had 32 commitments last year though..

Because we had 5 count back to the previous class.  We only used 20 spots for the 2009 class, allowing us to use the remaining spots for the 2010 class.  We had 27 that would count for 2010, but Coleman got sick and Richardson didn't qualify, leaving us with 25 LOI's to take up all 25 initial counters we had for 2010.

If we sign more than 25 for 2011, that means some will either greyshirt or be nonqualifiers.  If Shon Coleman's medical hardship deal has been granted, then he will be an initial counter in the 2012 class.

1) Florence (24)

2) Wright (25)

3) CK (26)

4) Fanning(27)

5) Whitehead(28)

6) Richardson(29)

WDE!

After talking with a few people, these are the percentages I would give that group of making it in our class as of right now:

Florence 100%

Wright 100%

Kouandjio 45%

Fanning 45%

Whitehead 50%

Richardson 35%

Collins 25%  

Archived