2012 sg Shaq Johnson commits to Auburn

autkidd1345162876

Great pick-up, that guy is a spectacular athlete...This should be posted in the recruiting section as well as here so some of the regulars who are not following basketball see what is happening with Auburn basketball. A load of talent coming in next year with the current players getting great experience. Auburn is going to surprise alot of people on the national level starting next year..

Here's a quote from autkidd on SJ

The kid is not a starter on his team this year... I think he is averaging about 6 points 8 rb's a game I think is the total I saw. But he is the first player off the bench in a team full of starters that have committed to various big time D1 schools.

Milton is a powerhouse program in North Atlanta. They are nationally ranked and almost all their players will receive major college scholarships. Milton won the state championship last year in the states largest class and are favored to do so again this year. Players move in to the Milton district just to play for them and their well known coach. Milton travels the country to play the nations best teams. Earlier this year Milton beat the famed Oak Hill Academy. This is terrific new we got this kid. Great job Coach Barbee. I hope Barbee is happy in Auburn. He is doing a great job and he can recruit!

Live here in Alpharetta, just met this kids tonight coming into Lifetime Fitness. I was walking out with my sons and he got out of the car with a AU hat on. I told my kids to tell him "War Eagle" and he said the same back.  He told me he had just committed there and told him welcome aboard and congrats.  I told him we could use him and Coach Barbee was going to get it turned around for us.  He was very well mannered and seemed like a nice kid.  I saw Milton last week play and their team is sick.  Everyone is right, starters are commited to Vandy, Ohio State, Ga Tech, Auburn and Furman and then Nolte is a 6'7 jr 4* guy that Duke is recruiting.  Comes from a great pedigree.  I think this kid could be a real sleeper in the mold of Porter for us 10 yrs ago.  Not quite as tall but agressive and can jump out of the ceiling.  He came into the game last week and immediately got it in the paint, two steps and dunked left handed in a crowd.  Coach Barbee will have us improved by at least 8 wins next year if not better.  WDE!

• 2 weeks later...

Shaq had 10pts in last nights win over Peachtree Ridge in the Georgia Class AAAAA second round of the state tourmey. Milton is #2 and #3 in two national polls in the country.

Archived