Tonight's game

If you Google South Alabama Baseball and go to their site. Look for a tab that says links on the left side and click on the link for WNSP - FM they have a live stream of the game on the site. Listening now but have not got the score yet.

If you Google South Alabama Baseball and go to their site. Look for a tab that says links on the left side and click on the link for WNSP - FM they have a live stream of the game on the site. Listening now but have not got the score yet.

The way the game is going....I may not want to listen. :'(

Not keeping up with the game, but coach could be giving some pine-riders playing time.  I wouldn't freakout about the score.  No telling what coach p is trying in this game. 

]

Waste of gas and expense money for the team to travel to Mobile.  If Coach P does't want to win these games, don't schedule them.   

There's only so much a coach can do to motivate these guys. Either they are or they aren't. Personally if I was coach, I'd have the whole team running 10 sprints for each run they lost by before they got on the bus

There's only so much a coach can do to motivate these guys. Either they are or they aren't. Personally if I was coach, I'd have the whole team running 10 sprints for each run they lost by before they got on the bus

Agreed. Sooner or later, the players have to perform. They come out ready for SEC games (for the most part), but it's clear our guys think they can show just show up and beat these teams in these midweek games with minimal effort. That's far from the case. I hate to tell them, but they're not that talented.

All these recent midweek losses may come back to bite this team in the butt. If they take these midweek game approaches into this weekend's series against Tennessee, we will lose the series. Let's hope that's not the case.

Morris started, and went a whole 1/3 on an inning. He gave up 3 runs, but I think he had a short leash, as did every pitcher, so that we'll have a fresh bullpen for the weekend

]

Waste of gas and expense money for the team to travel to Mobile.  If Coach P does't want to win these games, don't schedule them.   

I agree. you can say what you want about the players, but it the coach's responsibility to get them ready to play...and clearly that is not happening in these mid week disasters.  And Yes, we are tied for first in the west....and while that sounds good, when you look at it and look at the east and how we are faring against non-conference opponents...I don't think it bodes well for our post season hopes this year. The inconsistency is frustrating for everyone involved for sure.

Maybe they will get it together this weekend and sweep the hillbillys.  ;D

This is just a mediocre teamk

Yeah, a mediocre team that, in a rebuilding year, is in position to win its division. Yeah....  :-\

Unfortunately our division has turned out to be mediocre as well... It's been a frustrating year and so many times this year it just looks like our team doesn't care. Doesn't matter what kind of talent we have if they refuse to show up for some games that makes us a mediocre team.... When they decide to play hard they are a very good team. It seems to me we lack any leaders on the team

Winning the west this year isnt a great feat. People use that argument but it doesnt carry much weight. What would people say if a division winner in football had a below 500 record. its just not impressive. Rebuilding year or not this is a mediocre team.  If you cant admit that, you have no credibility in my opinion. I didnt say this is a terrible team, it is just extremely average.

^^^I've made the same point a million times this year. You're wasting your breath. It's falling on deaf ears. Because we are competing for a West title means somehow we are good even though we have a losing SEC record and can't win against poor competition. Heck, we struggled against Alabama St. I guess I'm suppose to believe they have a stellar baseball program too? USA and Samford are good baseball teams. However, them taking us to the woodshed time and time again shouldn't be happening either.

As far as the team being motivated. Here's a different approach, if their rear end isn't giving maximum effort sit it on the bench for a while. That will get the message across. If it doesn't they don't need to be there anyway.

Archived