Vadal Alexander

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

golf, you are more connected than I, but don't you think CGC would have spent his time somewhere else on Friday if he thought it was only a 30-40% chance. Just asking.

IMO GC is trying to show V the love and AU family feel by showing up at the game. I was there and GC was the only head coach there FSU and UF only sent asst. coaches

Remember V has family ties in LA.

Hoping you mean Lower Alabama but I'm sure you are referring to the "other" LA.

WDE !!!

golf, you are more connected than I, but don't you think CGC would have spent his time somewhere else on Friday if he thought it was only a 30-40% chance. Just asking.

I believe Buford has a wealth of talent every year and to make a solid presence at the school, especially when it is a nationally televised game has much more to do with the long term picture than the immediate.  Golf, correct me if I am wrong. 

golf,

Who do you think gets Alexander if we don't.  Judging by his comments I think we're in good shape.

LSU. It sounds like they have the lead.

Even after the weekend? Everything I've read indicates that we're the team to beat now

I believe Buford has a wealth of talent every year and to make a solid presence at the school, especially when it is a nationally televised game has much more to do with the long term picture than the immediate.  Golf, correct me if I am wrong.   

Absolutely correct they will have at least 8 or more sign with BCS schools

golf,

Who do you think gets Alexander if we don't.  Judging by his comments I think we're in good shape.

Even after the weekend? Everything I've read indicates that we're the team to beat now

imho LSU with a slim lead at the time but I could be totally wrong. I am moving from Buford to Winter Park, Fl this Friday so I will not be able to follow V as close. I do think we have a good shot at getting him in the end.

golf,

imho LSU with a slim lead at the time but I could be totally wrong. I am moving from Buford to Winter Park, Fl this Friday so I will not be able to follow V as close. I do think we have a good shot at getting him in the end.

All the best with the move Golf. It may be a case of whoever gets the last visit to leave the lasting impression, may get him in the end. Fingers crossed he chooses the good guys.

golf,

All the best with the move Golf. It may be a case of whoever gets the last visit to leave the lasting impression, may get him in the end. Fingers crossed he chooses the good guys.

Thanks Sidbowman bird has volunteered not to help  :timeout:

golf,

Thanks Sidbowman bird has volunteered not to help  :timeout:

that's mighty nice of him. Should we have expected anything less tho, from Bird?

Absolutely correct they will have at least 8 or more sign with BCS schools

^^ This ^^

Vadal seems like a great kid.  Seems like he would be a perfect fit at Auburn.  He is well spoken and presents himself as well mannered and having fun.  Alabama would be a terrible fit.  Come on to Auburn Vadal.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by: rollingtoomers 

Insert Quote

Didn't he have an OV to UAT this past weekend?? Any news how it went and where we now stand?

Prob not, recruits always say the same things after visits. I love the atmosphere, had a great time, enjoyed the game, coaches told me me nice things, etc etc etc...  Not much really to gain from those type interviews.

Posted by: rollingtoomers 

Insert Quote

Didn't he have an OV to UAT this past weekend?? Any news how it went and where we now stand?

Prob not, recruits always say the same things after visits. I love the atmosphere, had a great time, enjoyed the game, coaches told me me nice things, etc etc etc...  Not much really to gain from those type interviews.

except for their visits to Auburn, then those comments REALLY DO mean something ...  :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

See, this is one of these ones that frustrates me.  I feel like we had the inside track on Vadal after his visit, and now we've lost him to the flavor of the month (albeit a strong program in general).  Grimes is the best OL coach in the country, and I'm not ripping him...I'm simply curious how this happens, especially when he was so high on us.

See, this is one of these ones that frustrates me.  I feel like we had the inside track on Vadal after his visit, and now we've lost him to the flavor of the month (albeit a strong program in general).  Grimes is the best OL coach in the country, and I'm not ripping him...I'm simply curious how this happens, especially when he was so high on us.

He has been an LSU lean for a long time now.

He has been an LSU lean for a long time now.

Can't win 'em all....we were in his top 3 and right there with two other top notch programs.  Grimes will get the talent, LSU was just a better fit for this one.  On to the next. 

Archived