ESPN?

Tiger Oak

Thought I would look on ESPN to see what they had reported on this T-Town issue. I don't see it anywhere? If Auburn was the team in this mess we would be on the cover, no doubt.

No writer on ESPN is going to do anything to taint the image of the fighting Sabans.  They have been on probation for the better part of the last 20 years, but are media darlings.  Don't let it bother you.  The magic number is 6....

If this doesn't reveal their agenda, nothing does. Factless accusations splattered all over ESPN about Auburn, solid photographic evidence of blatant NCAA rules violations absolutely ignored and defended by Schad. 

6 wins separate us from them in the all time series record. Nothing short of over taking them will ever repay them for what they did to us regarding our image.

If this doesn't reveal their agenda, nothing does. Factless accusations splattered all over ESPN about Auburn, solid photographic evidence of blatant NCAA rules violations absolutely ignored and defended by Schad. 

Pretty comical actually. They were all over a story that was all speculation and leaps of faith and they try to sweep under the rug a story with real evidence that WILL result in real NCAA penalties.

I kinda like it. ESPN is embarrassing themselves and showing total incompetence and I do not mind pointing it out early and often.

From Joe Schad's own article above:

"Alabama looked into the relationship between T-Town, the store, and players such as star running back Trent Richardson and concluded that the players did not receive benefits such as merchandise or discounts, a source said.

Student-athletes can't be featured in any commercial advertising. The school also looked into autographs seen at the shop."

Seems like this is pretty obvious with Trent's championship jersey hanging in the store and pictures of signed jerseys of current players (AJ and Trent) in the window of the store.  Did the compliance office not notice these things???

The fact that the practice of signing of the jerseys for resell (at the kiosk) and the jerseys in the storefront window continuted for months after the supposed date of the letter looks like failure to moniter.

6 wins separate us from them in the all time series record. Nothing short of over taking them will ever repay them for what they did to us regarding our image.

Hey! Wait.....haven't they always dominated us?! You can't us the facts--that's cheatin'!!!!! :laugh:

Perhaps BSPN will take a slight step towards really discussing the story once the little Napolean leaves Bristol, CN.  Would not have been "fair" for them to ask him about it while he was there!  What a joke...

:wareagle:

uat's compliance dept. is awsome. they determined very quickly that none of their players profited on the textbooks they just stole them to help freinds out. then they found nothing with the fishing trip or the laptop from an athens buisiness man but forbid anyone on the team to go anywhere near him ever again.(im in athens where anderson lives i dont know him but most people here do and will tell you there is much more to that story much more, bama fans sweated what they know for a long time) so that is no problem, its important to remember that the ncaa didnt investigate this only looked at uat's findings. then you got the brent calloway fiasco which was thoroughly dredged and not the slightest bit of wrongdoing was even possible, this was completed in time to be back in tuscaloosa for lunch. now not only did they find absolutely nothing wrong with the suite shop but they remembered that it was such an innocent relationship that they sent him multiple letters that dissassociated him with the players and program for no reason at all, hell they had probably forgotten about the whole thing untill the media reminded them. that is good work.

uat's compliance dept. is awsome. they determined very quickly that none of their players profited on the textbooks they just stole them to help freinds out. then they found nothing with the fishing trip or the laptop from an athens buisiness man but forbid anyone on the team to go anywhere near him ever again.(im in athens where anderson lives i dont know him but most people here do and will tell you there is much more to that story much more, bama fans sweated what they know for a long time) so that is no problem, its important to remember that the ncaa didnt investigate this only looked at uat's findings. then you got the brent calloway fiasco which was thoroughly dredged and not the slightest bit of wrongdoing was even possible, this was completed in time to be back in tuscaloosa for lunch. now not only did they find absolutely nothing wrong with the suite shop but they remembered that it was such an innocent relationship that they sent him multiple letters that dissassociated him with the players and program for no reason at all, hell they had probably forgotten about the whole thing untill the media reminded them. that is good work.

Alex, I didn't know you were an Athens resident.  Me too.  Didn't you know Anderson is an Auburn fan (wink wink)??  I know him and his attorney.  I'll share some interesting stories someday if you'd like to meet at Dubs for a burger.  :-)

From Joe Schad's own article above:

"Alabama looked into the relationship between T-Town, the store, and players such as star running back Trent Richardson and concluded that the players did not receive benefits such as merchandise or discounts, a source said.

Student-athletes can't be featured in any commercial advertising. The school also looked into autographs seen at the shop."

Seems like this is pretty obvious with Trent's championship jersey hanging in the store and pictures of signed jerseys of current players (AJ and Trent) in the window of the store.  Did the compliance office not notice these things???

The fact that the practice of signing of the jerseys for resell (at the kiosk) and the jerseys in the storefront window continuted for months after the supposed date of the letter looks like failure to moniter.

Perhaps BSPN will take a slight step towards really discussing the story once the little Napolean leaves Bristol, CN.  Would not have been "fair" for them to ask him about it while he was there!  What a joke...

:wareagle:

Good posts.....why does no question the short one and why does joe dirt stop at "they didn't find anything wrong"? Seriously?

:banghead:

Archived